Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    In other words, it'll change as much as other expansions have changed it.

All he is saying is that it isn't of their priority to balance classes with old content, so some things might unintentionally be affected.

This reaction is a classic example of the reason Blizzard doesn't like to give out teasers of upcoming changes. All the tweet harmlessly said was "other changes" may affect soloing. And the OP immediately jumps to the doomsday scenario that it will be "impossible" to solo anything. Extrapolate much?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by daytonbrown View Post
    This reaction is a classic example of the reason Blizzard doesn't like to give out teasers of upcoming changes. All the tweet harmlessly said was "other changes" may affect soloing. And the OP immediately jumps to the doomsday scenario that it will be "impossible" to solo anything. Extrapolate much?
    It's rda. He likes drama.
    But yes. Essentially Celestalons tweet is only designed to keep the backdoor open for retreat.

Still, soloing on low level characters... I'd hazard a guess and say that it's rare enough to not be a big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    Not so at all.

The opposite was true - soloing at level 70 in WoTLK got EASIER than soloing at level 70 was in TBC. Etc.

Soloing anything at an expansion "breakpoint" has always got easier when the next expansion comes out. One very good reason for this is better gear becomes available that can be used at that level. For example - at lvl85 I had an average item level of around 384 or so I guess (really am not completely sure) but once mists came out I could buy ilvl515 crafted blues that I could use on my lvl85. Instantly upgrade my average ilvl from 384 to 415 and of course things get easier.

I'm sure there are many other reasons but that one should not be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    It's rda. He likes drama.
    But yes. Essentially Celestalons tweet is only designed to keep the backdoor open for retreat.
    I am a bit agitated after the news of the new arena season, but I am telling you, I am not doing it for the drama. It's Blizzard, not me. Ah, well, I will stop writing pretty soon, bear with me for a couple more hours...

To the point:

Yes - you see it - THE ENTIRE REASON for Celestalon's second tweet is so that there's a backdoor. He could have stopped at the first tweet.

Again, time will tell. But that tweet is a terrible sign, if you have been talking with Blizzard devs for some time.

OP is either illiterate or a troll. Possibly both.

Infracted.
    Last edited by Zaelsino; 2014-01-09 at 02:24 PM.

with the logic of the whiners. You must now be level 60 to do lvl 15 quests in westfall.

Quote Originally Posted by Alteiry View Post
    OP is either illiterate or a troll. Possibly both.
    Neither. Don't know why I am even replying.

It's a problem I see on these forums with a lot of people they read things that are not there, tweets some to be an even worse problem as there is a char limitation.

Anyways, to only way to be 100% sure is to actually wait and see the beta or live version and then comment if it is not what they say it would be

10+ Year Old Account
    The OP misread the quote but that said, I wouldn't put too much faith in Blizz. There's no way this item squish will not affect soloing in some way or another. Blizzard is well known for its broken promises, had this squish been to the Cataclysm levels I would have more faith in what they said but as it stands I don't think it's going to turn out fine for soloing.
    "I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids. "
    -
    General Jack D. Ripper.

All the "squish will not affect soloing" folks really need to be more objective. Most of you are demanding it won't affect soloing without having any proof this is the case; you're just saying this because it's the biggest argument against the squish.

Find me one Blizz post where it says the squish WILL NOT affect soloing. Every one I've seen says it SHOULD NOT. That they will TRY TO not let it affect soloing. That the GOAL is for it to not affect soloing. If I've missed one where they say, in absolute terms, that it WILL NOT affect soloing, I'm very eager to have someone correct me on this.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Neither. Don't know why I am even replying.
    If you quit over news about "another arena season" (), then I believe many of us are asking the same question.

15+ Year Old Account
    The way I see it, whatever magical number they divide all our stats by, is the same number they'll divide all the mobs and bosses stats by as well, so everything that you can solo today, should be able to be soloed post squish as well. However other things may unexpectedly come into play regardng soloing old content. And if it does Blizzard probably won't rush to fix it as a priority, it will most likely just end up on their to do list. Unless of course it should happen to affect current content as well =p

Some stuff might end up harder or easier, but they'll most likely try and keep it so you can still solo everything you can now, if not more with new talents and stuff, and then don't forget the extra 10 levels as well =p

Basically - quit your whinging until its actually here for you to try!

Quote Originally Posted by Deathgoose View Post
    If you quit over news about "another arena season" (), then I believe many of us are asking the same question.
    No, I quit over the news of WoD being significantly farther away than I thought. That came on top of WoD not being exactly promising (from what we've heard to date, and in my opinion).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kipling View Post
    The way I see it, whatever magical number they divide all our stats by, is the same number they'll divide all the mobs and bosses stats by as well, so everything that you can solo today, should be able to be soloed post squish as well. However other things may unexpectedly come into play regardng soloing old content. And if it does Blizzard probably won't rush to fix it as a priority, it will most likely just end up on their to do list. Unless of course it should happen to affect current content as well =p
    It's not how the squish works. It's been explained many times, really. There's no single magical number, that number depends on the level. Level 90 loses more than level 60, they become closer in power.

They have promised that 30 seconds today will be 30 seconds in WoD. I don't care how they manage it, as long as they stick to that promise. The theories of players is irrelevant.

And if you have quit and don't find WoD to look promising anyways, why do you put up such a fight about this? Bored?

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    All the "squish will not affect soloing" folks really need to be more objective. Most of you are demanding it won't affect soloing without having any proof this is the case; you're just saying this because it's the biggest argument against the squish.

Find me one Blizz post where it says the squish WILL NOT affect soloing. Every one I've seen says it SHOULD NOT. That they will TRY TO not let it affect soloing. That the GOAL is for it to not affect soloing. If I've missed one where they say, in absolute terms, that it WILL NOT affect soloing, I'm very eager to have someone correct me on this.
    If they were to ever use absolute terms they would have to be stupid even if they literally tested it for the 1000's of different class and spec and encounter combos to know for sure. Then there is the wide range of skill levels, so even if an average player can continue to solo, maybe the below average loses the ability to. There are variables blizzard can control, and those they cannot. So to use absolutes would be stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elrandir View Post
    My starfall brings all the mobs to the yard.
    Laurellen - Druid Smiteyou - lol holy dps

Deleted
    No, I quit over the news of WoD being significantly farther away than I thought. That came on top of WoD not being exactly promising (from what we've heard to date, and in my opinion).

- - - Updated - - -

It's not how the squish works. It's been explained many times, really. There's no single magical number, that number depends on the level. Level 90 loses more than level 60, they become closer in power.
    The thing you don't understand is, that no one here is giving a bloody damn about you quitting. Hence there is no reason to tell everyone

An easy fix for Lvl 60 and 90 getting closer in power is to give max level characters a power buff in old dungeons, like someone in this thread already stated
    Last edited by mmoc5b249aa738; 2014-01-08 at 03:59 PM.

I am sick of a level 1 character hit for 1 damage, a level 90 character hit for 10000 damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    They have promised that 30 seconds today will be 30 seconds in WoD. I don't care how they manage it, as long as they stick to that promise. The theories of players is irrelevant.
    Yeah, and next thing you know, "you misread us, we haven't promised what you think we have promised". That's why people keep asking Blizzard what exactly they mean when they say vague things like that "30 seconds today will be 30 seconds in WoD" - does that mean "30 seconds today on Lich King by level 90 today = 30 seconds today on Lich King by level 100 in WoD" or does it mean "... by level 90 in WoD" or does it mean something else? And why they keep asking how exactly that's going to be implemented. Because details matter. Moreover, nothing but details matter, from experience.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ZwuckeL View Post
    The thing you don't understand is, that no one here is giving a bloody damn about you quitting. Hence there is no reason to tell everyone
    Not telling everyone, not sure where you get that. Pretend I never wrote that I quit, if you want, it's not the point of the discussion in this thread. I also don't think too many people care for this post of yours, it contains no information.

As long as soloing old content when I'm level 100 is easier than when I was level 90 I am fine with the item squish. One of my favorite parts of each new expansion is going back to old content that I couldn't solo before but want to try at a higher level.