Graphics card upgrading, need help/advice.

I am trying to bump up the quality of one of my computers for gaming. It currently has Intel HD Graphics (MSI) running off of MSI H61M-E23 (MS-7680) motherboard. I don't want to spend too much somewhere in the $50 range if that will even help. The biggest issue with gaming on that computer is the vram is only 128 even with going into bios and doubling it that is low for almost anything you would play. I have found EVGA GeForce 8400 GS 1 GB DDR3 PCI Express 2.0 DVI/HDMI/VGA Graphics Card, 01G-P3-1302-LR http://www.amazon.com/EVGA-GeForce-E.../ref=de_a_smtd which I have considered getting. Thanks for any input and help.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but the integrated GPU is in CPU not MB.
    What is your CPU?
    PM me weird stuff :3

Intel Core i3 2120 @ 3.30GHz

Still hoping for a little help, thanks.

An 8400 is an extremely old card, and would not be any better than your current integrated gpu. There really is nothing for around $50 that is going to give you any noticeable performance increase in gaming. I would recommend saving up for something like an AMD 7770 which can be had for around $110.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yea I think I forgot about you, sorry X)
    That MSI H61M-E23 mobo lists VGA Max Share Memory (MB) 1759, so the problem might be elsewhere.
    How much RAM do you have?
    Found perfect card for you:
    http://pcpartpicker.com/part/xfx-video-card-hd657xzdf2
    Last edited by Cyrops; 2014-01-17 at 09:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by phred754 View Post
    An 8400 is an extremely old card, and would not be any better than your current integrated gpu. There really is nothing for around $50 that is going to give you any noticeable performance increase in gaming. I would recommend saving up for something like an AMD 7770 which can be had for around $110.
    It is for a spare computer that is rarely used. Unfortunately I know jack shit about most of the hardware so I am at the mercy of others. Thanks for the input fellas.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrops View Post
    Yea I think I forgot about you, sorry X)
    That MSI H61M-E23 mobo lists VGA Max Share Memory (MB) 1759, so the problem might be elsewhere.
    How much RAM do you have?
    Found perfect card for you:
    http://pcpartpicker.com/part/xfx-video-card-hd657xzdf2
    Memory Usage 35 %
    Total Physical 7.85 GB
    Available Physical 5.07 GB
    Total Virtual 20 GB
    Available Virtual 16 GB

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    It is for a spare computer that is rarely used. Unfortunately I know jack shit about most of the hardware so I am at the mercy of others. Thanks for the input fellas.

- - - Updated - - -

Memory Usage 35 %
    Total Physical 7.85 GB
    Available Physical 5.07 GB
    Total Virtual 20 GB
    Available Virtual 16 GB
    That card I found is perfect for your needs. Unless you want to save money and continue using integrated GPU?

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/...ew,3107-2.html

Will be better than integrated but for 50-70$, don't expect too much. Radeon R7 240 is 2gb for 70.
    Ryzen 9 5900X/Trident Z Neo 32GB 3600 CL16/AORUS 1080 Ti Xtreme/Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi/Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240/Optane 900p 3D XPoint/EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2/Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL/Steelcase Leap/BenQ XL2411Z/Philips Fidelio X2HR/Noppoo Choc Mini (RIP Reckful)/Razer Viper Ultimate/QcK Heavy