Page 1 of 2
LastLast

What will be new in the NEW SEASON?

1. Attempts to make pvp better (adjustments of classes).

2. Only new gear and same classes are dominating/shitting on the rest?

I hope for 1. but fear its 2.

All I know is if its anything like the usual pattern Arms warriors will be underpowered in the new season, so IF that happens the anti-warrior campaign can come to an end, then at start WoD us warriors will just stomp everything again. embrace the vicious cycle that is warrior balance.

Realistically though, I wouldn't expect huge changes but minor tweaks to classes here and there to take some classes up a few notches and others down a few notches. I feel overall representation won't change much.

Deleted
    Well, as far as I know. New seasons were always implemented with a new patch, except this time. So nobody really knows. I'm hoping we will see some balance changes. Espec warriors, hunters and mages and some buffs to shadow priest. (I play monk)

The same as every season...

Blizzard gives these freak random buffs to a random class moments before the season hits that indirectly makes them overpowered. In a bizarre twist of events, Blizzard buffs the class again and a new FoTM is born. The ladders are then filled with these FoTM heroes in all sorts of random comps that weren't viable before. Players then swarm onto the forums raging about the new power class, only to be told by the players of the new FoTM that everyone is retarded and should just l2p.

Every.
    Fucking.
    Season.

FoTM = Flavour of The Month

EDIT: Oh and Blizzard will either leave warriors how they are now, or nerf them into fucking oblivion because there's no such thing as a middle-ground.
    Last edited by Anzen; 2014-01-09 at 01:47 PM.

Deleted
    Expecting base resiliance going up x amount and PvP gear closer to PvE gear in terms of ilvl, so more balance in world pvp.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Screw them hunters would be the best plan!

See who bites!

Deleted
    Blizzard will make the least played classes (not spec's) have an OP spec so that people will reroll and have something to do until WoD. They have probably figured out that this would lead to the lowest amount of sub quits and are therefor forcing the dev's to do this.

Quote Originally Posted by PPN View Post
    1. Attempts to make pvp better (adjustments of classes).

2. Only new gear and same classes are dominating/shitting on the rest?

I hope for 1. but fear its 2.
    My money is on 2 tbh. :/ Look at the changes this season. Most of them are minor changes which help out where no help is needed (armor for SP/Boomkin which won't do alot, damage increase for certain classes).

Quote Originally Posted by Sthu View Post
    Blizzard will make the least played classes (not spec's) have an OP spec so that people will reroll and have something to do until WoD. They have probably figured out that this would lead to the lowest amount of sub quits and are therefor forcing the dev's to do this.
    Sounds like a plan!

Deleted
    *We have made slight™ adjustments to PVP to give players a better experience*

-Warrior-
    Damage done by Overpower has been reduced with 200%. Reverted: Mortal strikes damage has been increased by 200% instead.
    Mocking banner area of effect has been reduced by 2 yards.
    Bladestorms icon has been improved to better reflect the ability.

-Mage-
    Mastery: Icicles has been readjusted. The left icicle now does 0.00000000000000000000000000001% less damage.
    To compensate for the icicle nerf we have now buffed Ice Lance damage with 33.4%.
    Frost bolt damage was also increased with 33.4% because why not?

-Priest-
    A pointless visual effect has been added to penance.

-PVP overall-
    A bug that no one knew about has been resolved.
    More pointless visual effects was added.
    Arena: Fireworks now shoot out into the arena when you win.

*Think we really hit the nail this time with these changes.*

Deleted
    Stormstrike icon will receive a change.

Quote Originally Posted by Jevlin View Post
    *We have made slight™ adjustments to PVP to give players a better experience*

-Warrior-
    Damage done by Overpower has been reduced with 200%. Reverted: Mortal strikes damage has been increased by 200% instead.
    Mocking banner area of effect has been reduced by 2 yards.
    Bladestorms icon has been improved to better reflect the ability.

-Mage-
    Mastery: Icicles has been readjusted. The left icicle now does 0.00000000000000000000000000001% less damage.
    To compensate for the icicle nerf we have now buffed Ice Lance damage with 33.4%.
    Frost bolt damage was also increased with 33.4% because why not?

-Priest-
    A pointless visual effect has been added to penance.

-PVP overall-
    A bug that no one knew about has been resolved.
    More pointless visual effects was added.
    Arena: Fireworks now shoot out into the arena when you win.

*Think we really hit the nail this time with these changes.*
    You forgot the hilarious PvE changes that will obviously have a massive impact on PvP but they don't realise.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    We found ring of peace wasn't being used enough in raids, so we've changed the effect to:

Ring of Peace
    Passive
    Forms a sanctuary around the friendly target, permanently silencing (was 4 seconds) all enemies that remain within 10 yards of the Monk.

We hope this will restore the balance between the Monk talents, and offer a strong alternative to Leg Sweep.
    Last edited by Anzen; 2014-01-10 at 11:22 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Anzen View Post
    You forgot the hilarious PvE changes that will obviously have a massive impact on PvP but they don't realise.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    We found ring of peace wasn't being used enough in raids, so we've changed the effect to:

Ring of Peace
    Passive
    Forms a sanctuary around the friendly target, permanently silencing (was 4 seconds) all enemies that remain within 10 yards of the Monk.

We hope this will restore the balance between the Monk talents, and offer a strong alternative to Leg Sweep.
    That's actually the sad part. The only changes that affect PVP are those done with PVE in mind. The PVP changes has always been completely useless and never ever addressed a problem that was pointed out to them. They could actually just merge the PVP team(Assuming there even is one) with the RP team as they seem to cover the same area when doing changes. xD

That's actually the sad part. The only changes that affect PVP are those done with PVE in mind. The PVP changes has always been completely useless and never ever addressed a problem that was pointed out to them. They could actually just merge the PVP team(Assuming there even is one) with the RP team as they seem to cover the same area when doing changes. xD
    Classes get molested in PvE all the time because of PvP targetted changes. Hunters have been very mediocre all expansion in PvE because of PvP changes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mistahwilshire View Post
    Classes get molested in PvE all the time because of PvP targetted changes. Hunters have been very mediocre all expansion in PvE because of PvP changes.
    PVP is competitive, PVE is not. Guess where these changes has the most negative impact? I'm sorry, I will never sympathize with the PVE community because someones class and spec have to suffer being 3rd or 4th on recount, it's a non issue in my opinion.

You have no idea how often and how hard PVE affected PVP. It's hardly a contest. Your "hunters were mediocre in PVE" can't even begin to describe what was going on in PVP all these years. Yeah, I have a hunter that I PVE on, so I can compare.

Here's the latest:

What are you going to wear to PVP on Timeless Isle - PVP gear or PVE gear? Yeah...
    Last edited by rda; 2014-01-10 at 11:40 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Aww poor you, how dare they make you mediocre, shame on those ret paladins.

Quote Originally Posted by Demsi View Post
    Aww poor you, how dare they make you mediocre, shame on those ret paladins.
    He has every right to complain because its not pve faults. Its blizzard's they refuse to split the two. Blizzard gets a final say on all the changes so instead of insulting each other maybe point the blame where its needed.
    Last edited by worstpvperus; 2014-01-10 at 05:40 PM.

PVP is competitive, PVE is not. Guess where these changes has the most negative impact? I'm sorry, I will never sympathize with the PVE community because someones class and spec have to suffer being 3rd or 4th on recount, it's a non issue in my opinion.
    Sacred words have been spoken here.

hopefully A LOT of balance changes

Laughing at anyone who thinks there will be any actual balance.