10+ Year Old Account

Thok's Acid-Grooved Tooth: cleave range?

So, I was messing with 2/2 N Thok's Acid-Grooved Tooth on farm last night, in preparation to tackle H Thok tonight. On trash, it preformed admirably, contributing 6.1% healing from Cleave, which was a lot higher than I expected. On bosses... not so much. Some fights it literally never produced healing. On average, it was 0.1% healing on H Sha, H Shamans, and H Nazgrim. I realize these are far from ideal for it, but we're not exactly spread all over either.

This has led me to the question: just how small is its range?

It seems that it must be absolutely miniscule to produce such godawful healing on real fights. Will it be big enough to reach the other stacks on H Thok, or am I looking at only 3 cleave targets per proc? (Groups of 4-4-1-1, at a little less than Healing Rain diameter apart.) I was hoping it would help with our throughput problem. Last time we attempted H Thok was about a month ago, and we were incapable of getting the raid to full HP before the next Deafening Screech, so it would be a zero-overheal environment.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    And also now we can design gear to show off the male human high res nipples/chest hair.

Might just not proc from Smite and absorbs?
    Shahaad , Kevkul
    <Magdalena's pet>

10man holy is garbage on thok and that trinket is garbage for disc. Don't bother.

10+ Year Old Account
    I tested it myself.

It seems to be a 7-yard sphere (plus hitbox of target) centered on the primary target. It does proc from overheals, Atonement, and every other odd situation I could think of. It does not require facing.

That means that it's definitely too small for hitting multiple groups on Thok. It wouldn't have been any good anyway, though; I ended up rolling PW:S down the list.
    And also now we can design gear to show off the male human high res nipples/chest hair.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by espoire View Post
    That means that it's definitely too small for hitting multiple groups on Thok.
    On 10 man I'd like to add. On 25 man stack size is bigger (11-12 per group). You'll see people get top ranks with it on 25 man.

Deleted
    Got the LFR version only

But Heal from this proc range from 1 to 2% on average in 10man (holy)

PW:Shield down the list all the way on heroic thok. Go high mastery build, reforge any spirit out into mastery or crit if mastery is already on that piece of gear.

Forget about thok trinket and run siegecrafter/sha ;-)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mariame View Post
    3 healers in my raid waiting to blow all their DKP on the Siege trinket if it ever drops. =|

I have Sha, but for my other slot, my options are H Purified Bindings, H Multistrike, N Cleave, N Black Blood of Y'Shaarj, or Timeless Yu'lon's Bite. None of them works for this fight, sadly. I've been running double Amp trinkets.

Deleted
    I measured it at 10 yards. That trinket is just rubbish if your raid is spread out. You need to have either one big group or fewer groups, of 6+ ppl in order for it to really work well.

- - - Updated - - -

PW:Shield down the list all the way on heroic thok. Go high mastery build, reforge any spirit out into mastery or crit if mastery is already on that piece of gear.

I wouldnt say that is a good idea. balanced crit/mastery works best in my experience, because your biggest heal is star, not PWS. You can also get PoH casts easily under borrowed time and the trinket has a 15% chance to effectively duplicate the spell, but make it smart heal. For holy it is a crazy monster, easily >10% of total healing just from the cleave, but it works well for disc to.

Siegecrafter is just not as good when the raid is stacked. 2.4k spirit is not going to net you 5-6% of total healing. Maybe 3%, but no more.

I wouldnt say that is a good idea. balanced crit/mastery works best in my experience, because your biggest heal is star, not PWS. You can also get PoH casts easily under borrowed time and the trinket has a 15% chance to effectively duplicate the spell, but make it smart heal. For holy it is a crazy monster, easily >10% of total healing just from the cleave, but it works well for disc to.

Siegecrafter is just not as good when the raid is stacked. 2.4k spirit is not going to net you 5-6% of total healing. Maybe 3%, but no more.
    I'm actually down to about 9k spirit....

I have 5509 spirit reforged into 4234 crit + 1275 mastery. That's actually DOUBLE what you're saying (you said only 2.4k spirit reforged out???).

I also have a balance between crit & mastery and I'm fully aware that divine star is huge on Thok, but trust me, so is PW:Shield when DI is on cooldown.

Works really nice and I never have mana probs...BECAUSE...I have siegecrafter intellect/spirit trinket and it's amazing hehe.

I'm actually working on switching my gear with spirit out now for straight up crit/mastery gear....because with that siegecrafter trinket...you simply don't need more than 8-9k spirit with raid cooldowns, etc.

Even with 6 ppl stacked up, I don't believe Thok trinket to be better at all for a disc priest......If you really think so.....I would love to see the logs showing the amount it actually healed for you, because for me, it's always been a piece of crap every time I've tested it compared to having all that extra mastery and crit from reforging!!!! And I definitely wouldn't be able to reforge SOOO much spirit out without that siegecrafter trinket....
    Last edited by Mariame; 2014-01-14 at 01:33 AM.

Deleted
    I'm actually down to about 9k spirit....

I have 5509 spirit reforged into 4234 crit + 1275 mastery. That's actually DOUBLE what you're saying (you said only 2.4k spirit reforged out???).

I also have a balance between crit & mastery and I'm fully aware that divine star is huge on Thok, but trust me, so is PW:Shield when DI is on cooldown.

Works really nice and I never have mana probs...BECAUSE...I have siegecrafter intellect/spirit trinket and it's amazing hehe.

I'm actually working on switching my gear with spirit out now for straight up crit/mastery gear....because with that siegecrafter trinket...you simply don't need more than 8-9k spirit with raid cooldowns, etc.

Even with 6 ppl stacked up, I don't believe Thok trinket to be better at all for a disc priest......If you really think so.....I would love to see the logs showing the amount it actually healed for you, because for me, it's always been a piece of crap every time I've tested it compared to having all that extra mastery and crit from reforging!!!! And I definitely wouldn't be able to reforge SOOO much spirit out without that siegecrafter trinket....
    My last log as disc expired some time ago, all the available logs are as holy. If you browse through the top 10 disc logs you will see the cleave trinket being used effectively. It is usually about 6% of total healing for disc just from the cleave. Star and aegis from the star is going to make up well over half your healing. 1 every 3 casts is PWS in the stacked phase and it never breaks 15% of total healing with me running high mastery since I share my gear between disc and holy. So mastery has no inherent advantage over crit on thokk.

Siegecrafter trinket is worth exactly 2.383k spirit. So you are exchanging 6% of total healing for 2.383k spirit. If that is worth it for you great, but I just can't see how that is going to net you more than 3% of total healing. I run 9.8k spirit without any regen trinkets as disc on thokk and never have mana problems either.

Think of it like this 3.78% chance of duplicating the heal on 5 targets is 18.9% more healing. Since that healing is smart its overheal should be the same or better as any of your other heals. If 70% of your heals are absorbs then 30% is direct healing, which is boosted by 18.9%, which works out to be just about 6% of total healing.
    Last edited by mmoc58baca37e6; 2014-01-16 at 02:16 AM.

Looks like a 25 man trinket from here :S
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.