Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Since this is the suggestions forum, can we please try to keep posting constructive? THanks.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    No reason to forbid them, just have one mega thread for them.
    That would be like a megathread of QQ. Seriously, every day, since 2004, WoW has being dying because of one thing or another, whether it was Prot Paladins suddenly being viable raid tanks (OMG! ALL THE PROT WARRIORS WILL QUIT AND WOW WILL DIE!) or the release of Star Wars the Old Republic (OMG! BIOWARE! WOW IS DEAD!) or the release of Warhammer Online (OMG! WOW IS DEAD!) or Pandaria (OMG SO CHILDISH!) or random nerfs/buffs to classes (OMG ROUGES OP! WOW IS DEAD!)

There's nothing constructive about that. Just lock the thread and be done with it.
    Putin khuliyo

I actually think it would be funny if the topic was forbidden but completely hilarious if they also added a "Reasons why WoW is dying - MEGATHREAD". Hell, it'd be easier for Blizzard to peek into it every once in awhile. :P

I don't think I have seen a single "reason WoW is dying" thread that didn't end up being a bitching match between "yes it is" and "no it isn't". Usually ends up looking like the script to a tacky panto "Oh yes it is!" "Oh no it isn't" (repeat ad nauseum). There is nothing constructive about them; they only serve to create 20 odd pages of whining before a mod steps in and locks the thread half an hour after it was posted.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitobunny View Post
    I quit WoW, this is the reason for everybody that posts about it: I don't like it anymore.

Seriously, regardless of the reason, there are people that still like it (or like it more). I quit because I like playing single player rpgs or moddable games, others have more specific reasons. Ultimately, the game is no longer your main concern and it does not mean WoW is inherently bad, it just means your tastes have changed.

So as a veteran quitter, I agree that "I quit" posts should be banned. I think that "These things bug me about WoW" posts should exists though as feedback is always a good thing, even if it's just to let players communicate their feelings between each other.

Edit: Just wanted to include this actually since it relates to a lot of quitters: I stick around on the forums because I still want to see the game succeed and such, I'm just not interested in playing anymore. I like the lore and the world so I like to keep up with people, and overall the mmo had a large part of my teen life.
    I agree. I've also quit the game. The game itself isn't bad, but it just got stale for me. And I might come back for Warlords of Draenor. People need to understand (but they don't) that their opinions aren't the majority and most certainly not universal. WoW is not dead or dying any time soon. Its population numbers in the millions whereas other good MMOs thrive with populations merely in hundreds of thousands, perhaps even less.

I believe there is only one force in the universe that can kill WoW, and that would be Blizzard itself. No outside game, no singular patch, no random change will kill the game until Blizzard as a whole stops delivering a product that many people believe is worth $15 a month. Like any other business, it has its ups and downs. Are its glory days over? From the looks of things, perhaps. The game isn't as popular now as it was a few years ago, but it's still going strong. Does that mean the game is dead? No. Does it mean it won't have more glory days in the future? No. Blizzard can always recover.

"WoW is dead/dying" is a completely useless statement. And every change Blizzard makes will always be met with at least one person bitching loudly on the internet, thinking their opinion is the only one and that they are the majority. Most of the time, they are not. I say we just ignore these people and let them go off and find another avenue of entertainment unless they can actually offer constructive criticism.
    Putin khuliyo

I am curious, why are such threads not constructive? My understanding is that if someone has a complaint and they quit the game because of this complaint, wouldn't it indeed be constructive to actually take into consideration the reason why such a person quit the game?

Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    No reason to forbid them, just have one mega thread for them.
    Wont really work since everyone feel the need to create a own one.

If people got to "forbid" or 'close" every topic they didn't like message boards would be an archive of old posts everyone searched through.
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

It's dying because they appease casual players with easy content that no new players go beyond anymore so they get bored and stop logging on.

*staples easy button*

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bolly View Post
    I am curious, why are such threads not constructive? My understanding is that if someone has a complaint and they quit the game because of this complaint, wouldn't it indeed be constructive to actually take into consideration the reason why such a person quit the game?
    Because a lot of these threads are "I quit because I dislike something about the game, that means it's dying and anyone who disagrees with me is a fanboy", which isn't really constructive.
    What is constructive are "I quit the game due to these reasons and here's my opinion on how it could be improved" threads, but even those turn into opinion wars in a lot of cases.
    Last edited by mmocce61358ae0; 2014-01-13 at 07:54 PM.