View Poll Results: Is SoO getting nerfed?

Voters
439. This poll is closed
  • Yes, 5% when pvp S15 arrive.

34 7.74%
  • Yes, 10% when pvp S15 arrive.

113 25.74%
  • Yes, but afterpvp S15 arrive.

31 7.06%
  • Yes, but close to the release of WoD.

133 30.30%
  • Yes, but after the WoD launch.

36 8.20%
  • No, is never getting nerfed.

92 20.96%
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Eventually guilds will hit a brick wall, it is inevitable, so they will probably add the 5% nerf however I don't think it will go up to 30%, maybe 10-15. They did it wayyyyyyy too early in DS and it had to go that high, this time around they are waiting to see progression start to slip off then I believe they will turn it on. WoD isn't for awhile so no reason to start nerfing everything yet.

Also they will probably nerf Flex too if they nerf normal mode since Flex is just normal with a 15% nerf anyways :P

I would rather they nerf the amount of trash by 30% if anything, takes way too long and all it is is AoE + AFK.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think if your guild hasn't done it by now then you need the nerf to be able to do it. There's nothing wrong with that and I think it would be nice if Blizz would accomodate more people and make pugs easier with a 10% nerf.

I'll be a bit bummed if SoO gets nerfed when the new PvP season starts up; guild pretty much took a month of easy raiding for the holidays and we're just getting into Heroic Siegecrafter.

To me its solely dependant on Blizzard's stats on guild progression (Watcher still indicated its based off the rate guilds are progressing), and seeing how there is no massive difficulty spike till past 1/2 way in heroic SoO, I doubt they'll nerf it. Regardless of the difficulty of the first 20+ bosses, its still 20+ bosses and for who the nerfs would be aimed at, that's a lot of bosses to have to trudge through. It takes guilds a long time to get to the difficulty spikes.

Im pretty sure there will be 30%, same like with icc, ds - raids before end raid was 10, then 20, and last one was 30. I think it will happen again, mv-toes-hof are 10%, then tot 20%, and here we go soo with 30%.

Quote Originally Posted by ACES View Post
    I think if your guild hasn't done it by now then you need the nerf to be able to do it. There's nothing wrong with that and I think it would be nice if Blizz would accomodate more people and make pugs easier with a 10% nerf.
    Maybe soon, but not yet. Currently guilds are still making slow but steady progress. Even if it takes 3-4 weeks for each additional boss kill, that's still reasonable progress.

Only thing I hope they will do is make SoO cross-realm with that pvp patch.

I really don't see the point in nerfing the raid with the introduction of flex difficulty.

The only difficulty in there is the last 3 bosses on heroic.

They have NEVER nerfed the instance with the introduction of the cutting edge achievements. If they do, it means they will remove it and remove an incentive for many people.
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch

I hope they nerf, so I can farm garrosh and get many weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by schwank05 View Post
    I hope they nerf, so I can farm garrosh and get many weapons.
    You can get weapons in flex?

Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    Only thing I hope they will do is make SoO cross-realm with that pvp patch.

I really don't see the point in nerfing the raid with the introduction of flex difficulty.
    The point of a nerf is that everyone, no matter their progression point, should continue to move forward over time. The existence of flex doesn't impact a person at all if their guild is X/14 heroic and flat out stuck. Being stuck sucks, causes frustration, causes people to quit.

Do you think blizzard telling a guild that is hard-stuck at 10/14H because their healers just aren't quality enough for Thok "well that's a shame, go kill bosses on flex" is useful?

Quote Originally Posted by Jurik View Post
    The point of a nerf is that everyone, no matter their progression point, should continue to move forward over time. The existence of flex doesn't impact a person at all if their guild is X/14 heroic and flat out stuck. Being stuck sucks, causes frustration, causes people to quit.

Do you think blizzard telling a guild that is hard-stuck at 10/14H because their healers just aren't quality enough for Thok "well that's a shame, go kill bosses on flex" is useful?
    Right, and this is why I don't think they will nerf for a while. The bosses are so nice and linear in difficulty that people won't get stonewalled on any fight for awhile until far into heroics. And regardless of opinions of the difficulty of fights before that, it takes most guilds a loooong time to go through 20+ bosses.

10+ Year Old Account
    Topic is a little misleading. No nerfs have been announced and Blizz has said that the warforged gear/VP upgrade model is a better way to 'nerf' content because you can continually make 'character power' progress.

Also at this point it isn't like SoO, or progression there, matters. We're months from the new expansion. If you're still progressing through it, chances are you need the nerfs.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Imhere View Post
    I'm sorry but coming from a former college math professor, your math is way off, son.
    Honest to God, it was so hard to pass up this straight line.

But I did, and I'm a better person for it.

No blanket nerfs are incoming to this tier. Not soon, not pretty soon, probably not ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinndra View Post
    Adding in a nerf before we are finished with the content (nothing new for us to advance in) would go against the reason for the Cutting Edge, and Ahead of the Curve achievements. since they are relatively new, and are supposed to help give players something of a special snowflake feeling after the patch is over, it would be rather silly to nerf the content ahead of time.
    special snowflakes who?so all you people who defend no nerfs policy, are you from those 0.23% who finished content who killed garrosh hc??! no way you are! content is meant to be cleared, for everyone not only for those 0.23% of playerbase with no life,
    good for them `see ya` in next expansion, you can show of your `cutting edge achievement: how big your penis is` linking it with early date

what then huge waste of resources spending on garrosh hc mount, boss heroic design when it's can't be reached and obitainable

nerfs are needed, and it will bring more positive results, more people will have a chance on mount/titles and will go for it. More people would spend time with their alts in SoO,More Pugs, more will stay subsribe waiting for next expansion doing those things
    fuck those cutting edge achievement remove them but bring nerf.

And item upgrades clearly fails as nerf of content, they have screwed normal progression as normal mode was cleaned in first week! and now people stucked coz everything is upgraded but last 4 heroics are tunned so high. And speaking of 10man guilds where items almost never to be seen, nothing to upgrades, no nerfs applied->dead end, content not cleared guild roster, in offline mode
    Last edited by Zstr; 2014-01-14 at 01:44 AM.

Deleted
    I still don't understand why "Well, learn to play?" is such a vilified sentiment?
    After all, almost none of the bosses are gearchecks, atleast none which are being roadblocks. Almost all the roadblock bosses (Sha HC, Shamans HC, Malkorok hc etc) are skillchecks. If your guild doesn't have the skill, get better? Why nerf the content for those unable to rise to the occasion? And no. I am not 14/14 HC, but my guild is making steady progress through the latter half (just got Malko HC down last night) and I for one want ZERO nerfs to the HC content.

Deleted
    Item upgrades are the nerf. Slowly and steadily it nerfs the content pretty effectively.

...well at least that was their initial purpose, once could argue fight are now designed with upgraded item (and even WF versions)

10+ Year Old Account
    I have my weekly one saturday night a week forum pug, in which we've just started progressing malkorok hc. I'd love some nerfs as we start fresh and do at least 8/14 hc + rest normal on a very limited time schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by xytech View Post
    I have my weekly one saturday night a week forum pug, in which we've just started progressing malkorok hc. I'd love some nerfs as we start fresh and do at least 8/14 hc + rest normal on a very limited time schedule.

ye i know those pugs we have them on our server too - and they totaly dont consist in 99% of players alts whos mains are atm in 10-14 hc range - they are totaly not build out of +/- 570 people who know their shit and what they are doin -_- and what it funnier when those people are doin it in 25 man where first 8 bosses are utter joke in a geared group in comparison to 10 hc -_-

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Normie View Post
    No blanket nerfs are incoming to this tier. Not soon, not pretty soon, probably not ever.
    Whoa, son. You can read the future? If so, I have a lot of questions to ask.

Blizzard has said many things, then changed their minds about it later in the future. You'd be a fool to think there is no possibility for them doing so again.

More and more brick walls will start appearing and/or more and more loss of interest and with a hundred and fifty million years before WoD release, I'd say it's safe to assume they will change their minds about the no nerfs to current content.
    Last edited by mmoccb51eef74c; 2014-01-14 at 04:11 PM.

i voted no, 4 difficulties if you cannot clear a mode you're simply not good enough, nerfing it would just mean you're as skillful/unskillful as ever you're just killing a level below.

so heroic with a -10% nerf is just normal mode, normal is flex, flex is lfr, and lfr is super retard mode, no point nerfing content as you can see it anyway.