View Poll Results: Is SoO getting nerfed?

Voters
439. This poll is closed
  • Yes, 5% when pvp S15 arrive.

34 7.74%
  • Yes, 10% when pvp S15 arrive.

113 25.74%
  • Yes, but afterpvp S15 arrive.

31 7.06%
  • Yes, but close to the release of WoD.

133 30.30%
  • Yes, but after the WoD launch.

36 8.20%
  • No, is never getting nerfed.

92 20.96%
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Shouldn't multiple difficulty tiers make nerfs of this nature redundant? Everyone can already play at the level they want. Why bother trying to bump people out of their preferred difficulty level?

I don't think a nerf will happen, nor do I hope for one.

Quote Originally Posted by Templis View Post
    Shouldn't multiple difficulty tiers make nerfs of this nature redundant? Everyone can already play at the level they want. Why bother trying to bump people out of their preferred difficulty level?

I don't think a nerf will happen, nor do I hope for one.
    Exactly what I think.
    With LFR and Flex mode and the chance to get Warforged items and Item upgrade them, I don't think we need a nerf for normal and heroic modes.
    And I hope there won't be one. Why because I'm on Garrosh norm and want the dam mount

Flex and even LFR is still often a wipefest. So a nerf wouldn't be surprising.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I fully expect a nerf at some point. Item upgrades hardly serve as a "nerf mechanic", seeing how last three bosses are pretty much tuned with them in mind. This might have been true back when upgrades were far more expensive or didnt' get introduced until halfway through raid tier. Hell, even people farming 11/14 don't have many upgrades left and couple new Warforged items aren't going to trivialize those bosses.

And unless WoD is much closer than it seems, there's still many months of SoO ahead of us. No nerf at all would be quite a nuisance even for those on full farm.

Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    I fully expect a nerf at some point. Item upgrades hardly serve as a "nerf mechanic", seeing how last three bosses are pretty much tuned with them in mind. This might have been true back when upgrades were far more expensive or didnt' get introduced until halfway through raid tier. Hell, even people farming 11/14 don't have many upgrades left and couple new Warforged items aren't going to trivialize those bosses.

And unless WoD is much closer than it seems, there's still many months of SoO ahead of us. No nerf at all would be quite a nuisance even for those on full farm.
    I don't think they'll do blanket nerfs. What I do think they'll do is boost the existing "nerf mechanics". Increasing the drop rate of Warforged is minor, adding two more 'upgrade slots' on gear would be a major boost.

After all, they can go a bit more Crazy with Ilevels, it will still be less than the 608 cloak. Having 4 upgrade slots is already happening in Far East Wow (though it drops as pre-upgraded 2/4 on 25 man).
    Last edited by Tipton; 2014-01-15 at 05:37 PM.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    More upgrade slots would actually be pretty interesting - staggered nerf due to VP caps, which is actually quite big in the long run. Still, even if that would happen, I still think they'll go for some blankets nerfs at some point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, for this expansion they haven't nerfed anything much until the next tier came out. Since it's the end of the expansion for raiding I suppose they might do some nerfs although I don't think they should. I'm not really supportive of the idea that there's anything magical about nerfing heroic difficulty just so people can do better with it. They can see everything they need to see with the other modes. If I were sitting in a meeting about this I'd say to leave it alone.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope they don't nerf it yet. It is inevitable that they will nerf it eventually, but some folks are still progressing, and it means a lot less for recruiting if you completed the tier post-nerf. I'd much rather be able to finish out this tier and be able to be proud of the kills then to have an asterisk in my mind they says post-nerf.

I think a nerf of the last 3 by 4% on HM plus 1% on the last 6. So Malk to Thok 1% nerf - Blackfuse to Garrosh 5% nerf and never change again.
    This would allow guilds struggling to get consistency on the last 6 back in a flow, and break the ice on killing blackfuse, allowing the endgamers to get moving beyond that, but would solidly allow both levels to still progress slowly enough to have time before WoD to keep from having nothing to do.
    We think we climb so high, Upon the backs we've condemned ...We face our Conϛequence.

Why there's even a thought of nerfing anything.. The only hard boss in normal is Garrosh, and heroic Immerseus, Protectors, Norushen, Galakras and Nazgrim (which is easy if your teammates know how to push their interrupt/stun buttons, which is sadly not true for my guild) are either easier or on par with Garrosh (even our noob team killed them in 7, 15, 5 and 6 pulls for the first 4). And i dont think any amount of nerfs will fix the last 4 bosses, where personal survival skill and position awareness matters the most.

I'm betting a 5% nerf and that's fine if people are still struggling on it this late into the tier.

Quote Originally Posted by Imhere View Post
    More and more brick walls will start appearing and/or more and more loss of interest and with a hundred and fifty million years before WoD release, I'd say it's safe to assume they will change their minds about the no nerfs to current content.
    Of course it is rational for them to nerf. But I'm kind of hoping they don't, just so we can see the philosophy behind "no nerfs" utterly discredited.

Someone in this thread was a talking about the nice linear difficulty of bosses in SoO. I think linear difficulty is actually a bad design, because it maximally encourages people to jump guilds. If your guild is stuck, and you are slightly better than the average in your guild, you immediately benefit from going to a slightly better guild.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Of course it is rational for them to nerf. But I'm kind of hoping they don't, just so we can see the philosophy behind "no nerfs" utterly discredited.

Someone in this thread was a talking about the nice linear difficulty of bosses in SoO. I think linear difficulty is actually a bad design, because it maximally encourages people to jump guilds. If your guild is stuck, and you are slightly better than the average in your guild, you immediately benefit from going to a slightly better guild.
    Flex drops ilvl540 loot.

Flex groups are beginning at least with flex 3 and 4 to look for Tanks over 540, Healers over 540 and dps over 550.

That alone should tell you that a nerf for flex, especially dps requirements is needed because the progression from lfr to flex to normal is not given at all. Right now it seems Flex serves mostly as a tool for normal raiders to get their missing trinkets or heirlooms.

I think it will, and its going to be more than 10%.

To all the other people saying its bad to nerf : If your guild raids regularly and you havent managed to kill 14/14 hc, what does it matter to you anyway? You are obviously not hardcore, nor semihardcore. These kind of changes should not matter to you, or you should welcome them with arms wide open.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    I'm not seeing this. If difficulty isn't linear, you just skip harder bosses, with end result being the same. The advantage of bosses getting progressively harder is mostly that you don't have to decide if "should we go for X and maybe waste a raid day, thus not being able to kill Y later on".

Admitedly, SoO "linear difficulty" is less of "progressively harder", rather than "it's the last three that will have you tearing your hair out". It's less progression, more of a huge leap at the end.

Normal and HC is already more or less easy, with those nerfs inc. even more. So no thanks.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anzen View Post
    Hi my name is average joe and I am part of the guild < Casual Raiders >. We are currently progressing X Normal boss. We have cleared LFR & Flex because that content is too easy for us. We are unable to kill any Heroics because that content is too hard for us. We already have basically full normal gear because we have farmed the content for so long, but have been banging our heads on X for months because it is slightly above the skill level of our guild.

What you want : TOUGH, LOOKS LIKE YOU'LL BE ON THAT BOSS THE REST OF THE EXPANSION TILL YOU L2P

Blizzard have already stated they nerf content so it becomes more available to people (like the example I mentioned above).

Just because you (not you personally) find it easy, doesn't mean it shouldn't be nerfed.
    Sorry average Joe but by getting better gear is basically content being nerfed for you. With better gear you are able to overcome harder challenges. I honestly think that Blizzard did very good job with ramp up of difficulty from normal to heroic and also heroic progression seems to be really good. So my advise - keep getting gear upgrades until content is easy enough for you to overcome. Content should be challenging, not faceroll. If some difficulty is too hard for you, well maybe it means you are not supposed to beat this difficulty.

Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    I'm not seeing this. If difficulty isn't linear, you just skip harder bosses, with end result being the same.
    What I'm saying is that raid design benefits from large jumps in difficulty, in that if you're in a guild that makes it to that jump, one of your players has to be much better than your average player in order to fit into a guild beyond the jump.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Sellest View Post
    keep getting gear upgrades until content is easy enough for you to overcome. \
    problem is there comes a point when guild is farming 9-10/14 HC for some time with no visible progress when your people get nearly all possible slots on HC which they could have got and then what ? stay on this boss for month 2 months ? have seen already few guilds crumble on my server for exackly this issue and many more incoming when they wont have enough recruit possibility of already pre geared people -_- yes gear is quite easy to get but what my guild has sadly had to overcome in last month if u replace half of your team due to holidays/sub run out-taking break - sudden guild jumps - u can forget about a progres untill new recruits get some gear and learn the encounters -_- what is funny we lost a disc priest to higher progressed guild - 3 weeks have passed and the guild he joined stoped raiding due to people saying "just no more" and now he begs to take him back -_-

i know few people who have already taken a break "untill WoD or nerfs hit" cause of how bored with the raid they are already and for whom 9-10HC boss kill in this tier is just enough they dont feel any presure to kill garosh on hc -_-
    Last edited by kamuimac; 2014-01-17 at 03:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sellest View Post
    Sorry average Joe but by getting better gear is basically content being nerfed for you. With better gear you are able to overcome harder challenges. I honestly think that Blizzard did very good job with ramp up of difficulty from normal to heroic and also heroic progression seems to be really good. So my advise - keep getting gear upgrades until content is easy enough for you to overcome. Content should be challenging, not faceroll. If some difficulty is too hard for you, well maybe it means you are not supposed to beat this difficulty.
    The problem is if people hit the point where "due to your raid's skill level, you are not supposed to beat this", then they are done and unsubscribe from the game. Who knows whether they will be back for WoD or not. That's not in anyone's best interest: world becomes more empty, friends stop coming around, Blizz sees subscriber drops and decides to cut back the development budget, etc.

Basically, once people have capped out on upgrades and are reaching the point where they just don't have the skill to move forward, it is in everyone's interest that content is nerfed gently. This lengthens the amount of time that the raiding content remains relevant, and makes it easier to prepare for next tier.

I don't think we've reached that point yet. People are still slowly getting bosses down, for now. But it won't remain that way for too much longer.