Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    Im not calling "toned" people shallow simply because they are toned. Im calling the ones who say they will only date toned people shallow since they are obsessed with the looks of who they want to date, rather than their personality and what they can offer to the relationship. Most "toned" people however ARE vain since they are obsessed with having the perfect body to present to the world in hopes they will be accepted.
    You sound super sour about fit/toned people. Wat happen?

I'm sure you have your preference in the way a person looks. Suuuuure, it's also the inside that matter etcetera etcetera, and still you can't deny that physical attraction plays a big role for pretty much any human being. If someone likes being fit, or likes fit people, then who the hell are you to judge them for liking these people?

Your statements are awfully ironic to say the least, since you take the form as a hero for people that are being judged, yet, you do exactly the same that those judgmental people are doing. Judge.

I don't care. I don't do sport because i want to live long, but because i like it.
    Congratulations for having an excuse not to do anything about it, OP, but that's not why most healthy people are healthy.
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

Also the more you exercise the faster your heart beats which in turn hastens your death since youre born with a set number of heartbeats and the faster you use them up, the faster you die, so by not exercising, you live long, because it takes a longer time for your heart to beat the number of beats it has
    That's the dumbest thing I've read in a long while. Thanks for the snigger.

Quote Originally Posted by Velaniz View Post
    Don't see the issue with that
    D'oh I coulda sworn you'd written "slimmer" not "fitter" my bad; apologies
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Odina View Post
    The major problem is most people fall into the obese BMI index yet THINK they are only overweight.
    Yep. I think the numbers indicate that someone my size (5'1", 108 lb) is "overweight" by like 3 lbs or some shit and no one would consider that as such.

15+ Year Old Account
    [...]
    Also the more you exercise the faster your heart beats which in turn hastens your death since youre born with a set number of heartbeats and the faster you use them up, the faster you die, so by not exercising, you live long, because it takes a longer time for your heart to beat the number of beats it has
    Isn't that just a theory? Wouldn't that mean that people doing sports as profession for years have a significantly lower life expectancy? How is that that some athletes die well into their 90s? Must be those hypothetical 150 year old people then who were given the gift of very old age but they have squandered it well. It doesn't make sense at all anyway because your heart rate is usually higher the more of your own weight you have to carry for the simplest of activities since you have to spend a lot more energy to do so.
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!

Deleted
    of course, but nobody on this forum has said they date exclusively fat people. I date any size person and thats how everyone else should too, otherwise they are shallow
    Except attraction isn't like that... I personally can't force myself to be attracted to everybody... if one person I don't find attractive happens to be fat am I shallow?

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenblade View Post
    Isn't that just a theory? Wouldn't that mean that people doing sports as profession for years have a significantly lower life expectancy? How is that that some athletes die well into their 90s? Must be those hypothetical 150 year old people then who were given the gift of very old age but they have squandered it well. It doesn't make sense at all anyway because your heart rate is usually higher the more of your own weight you have to carry for the simplest of activities since you have to spend a lot more energy to do so.
    It's not even a theory. It's garbage made up by uneducated people. You can most likely discard anything he ever says, since he believes in things like that.
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

1) Hasn't been proven.
    2) Even if it were true, the resulting fitness from exercise reduces your heart rate for the majority of the time you spend doing things other than exercising, enough so that on average someone who exercises is going to have less heartbeats in a week than someone who doesn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flutterguy View Post
    In fact, I quite like it and I would consider it an abuse to inflict my child with a foreskin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    You don't appear to understand how it works...they don't stick it on when the baby is born.

Deleted
    Who told you that BS? Either way it's recorded fact that obese people suffer irregular heart rate per resting because the hearts under immense preasure. An obese persons heart will undergo the same affects as running a marathon by simply walking up stairs

I would because body isnt important to me (nor should it be for anyone) I judge people actions, not their looks, and that does not make me a hypocrite.
    Someone's appearance is a marker for their actions. You can't separate the two.

There is no set number of beats, that's a myth, but if there was, I'd be pretty well off. Sure, I'm spending an hour per day with my heart rate at ~150, but I'm spending a lot more time with my resting heart rate in the 40s.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Warlord Booty View Post
    Yep. I think the numbers indicate that someone my size (5'1", 108 lb) is "overweight" by like 3 lbs or some shit and no one would consider that as such.
    Perhaps the reason people think BMI is stupid is because they're wildly misinformed about it. Your BMI is 20.4, which is on the low end of normal. You'd have to gain 25 pounds to be overweight and 51 pounds to be become obese, which is where the risks really start kicking in.

10+ Year Old Account
    Was this ever proven? Sounds highly dubious.

Chelly
    Haha what is this? "Set number of heartbeats"? Oh man thanks for the laugh.

Deleted
    I never said I would not date a toned person. I would because body isnt important to me (nor should it be for anyone) I judge people actions, not their looks, and that does not make me a hypocrite.

What the hell are you smoking because it must be good shit. Are you seriously telling me your heart has a timer on it?

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't breathe from laughing.

Please, please, take a physical education course. Please.

10+ Year Old Account
    Salisbury, Rhodesia & Leiden , The Netherlands
    Can we just stop finding ways to approve being fat? It's utterly disgusting.
    "This is no swaggering askari, no Idi Amin Dada, heavyweight boxing champion of the King's African Rifles, nor some wide shouldered, medal-strewn Nigerian general. This is an altogether more dangerous dictator - an intellectual, a spitefull African Robespierre who has outlasted them all." - The Fear: Robert Mugabe and the martyrdom of Zimbabwe, Peter Godwin.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    I can't breathe from laughing.

Please, please, take a physical education course. Please.
    Haha, no! Please never do that! It's so cute.

I dont know if you know about them, but there are actually studies that state Smoking is healthy.
    Beeing a study doesnt neccessaryliy make things true.

1) This has gotta be one of the funniest things I've ever seen on this board.
    2) Being fit slows your resting heart rate, tones cardiac muscle, and enlarges the heart.

Deleted
    Does this mean that if I take heart medication that lowers my pulse I can extend my lifespan by years?