Poll: 4 months out, how many players should've been able to defeat H Garrosh?

Page 23 of 82 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Salystra View Post
    Simply put HC Siegecrafter in 10man is still too dependent on classes to perform the functions needed (ie a hunter on belt) without that this fight is a total !%"£%!$% and considering the amount of 10man guilds there are ~80% ?? It's not surprising the amount of people that have killed it.
    Ok. What 10 man guild does not have three hunters just clamoring for the raid spot of the one that is already in use? None. there are plenty of hunters available for classcentric positions.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    Ok. What 10 man guild does not have three hunters just clamoring for the raid spot of the one that is already in use? None. there are plenty of hunters available for classcentric positions.
    Nope, especially not at our low levels of progress. You take what you get.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    I killed garrosh on flex, I have completed the content for what I am interested in. Next plz.
    Yep. That is the main reason why the pool of available competent players has been decreasing.
    Blizzard offered cardboard cut outs with poster pictures of bosses stapled on them upside down and sideways and many players now feel that is raiding.

- - - Updated - - -

Nope, especially not at our low levels of progress. You take what you get.

don't know what you are doing wrong then. honestly. we have low progress and I have to turn poor players away by the handful.

For a start, we don't include players who can't tie their shoelaces as potential candidates The pool becomes quite small on a quieter server at that point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

0.23% doesn't surprise me. Seems like heroic participation's been on the decline for awhile.

It is laughable the overwhelming shouts for MOAR FASTER when 99% of the player base has not gotten even close to comleting what is already out.
    simple peoples like to complain and generally lie on forums, they see a bandwagon and simply jump in.

So what if it's multi-level content? Why is a hard 5man heroic an issue if theres a level 100 normal mode setting too suitable for that person?
    The problem come when you ask to change a thing that 99% players do and are perfectly fine with, into something that gonna be used by an overwelming small minority, vasting alot of the dev time in the process.
    see challanging mode.
    Last edited by bufferunderrun; 2014-01-10 at 04:45 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Going off the stats on the front page, 0.23% of players (not characters) have defeated Heroic Garrosh. Of the 2.2 million sampled, that comes out to be like 5,000 players. Also keep in mind we are exactly 4 months out from this patch's release and the final boss has been killed by a quarter of a percent of players. What do you guys think? Is this too much, or too little? At 4 months out, how many players do you think should've been able to defeat the last boss on heroic?
    To my knowledge they haven't nerfed anything yet. Once they start doing that %s will rise. 5.5 (new pvp season) will do just that, which will drop in about 2 months.
    Very few players will ever see Heroic Garrosh let alone kill him. This is how it was for Ra Den, Deathwing, Al'Akir, Lich King, Yogg, etc...very small % of players ever run full clears of raids on heroic mode, nothing else to see here.

Not everyone is meant to win a gold medal at the Olympics.

Not every football player is meant to win the Super Bowl every year.

Not every WoW player is meant to do everything there is to do in WoW.

Believe it or not, not every single person in the world is inherently entitled to everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaqwert View Post
    Not everyone is meant to win a gold medal at the Olympics.

Not every football player is meant to win the Super Bowl every year.

Not every WoW player is meant to do everything there is to do in WoW.

Believe it or not, not every single person in the world is inherently entitled to everything.
    Thank you. Thank you so much. You summed it up in just a few sentences.

The biggest difference between your first two sentences and your third, is that in WoW everyone *can* accomplish everything, with a bit of effort. They choose not to. They think because it exists, and because they play, they deserve it. That's the problem, the player, not the game. I, again, would like to refer people to my post on page 15 or 16 quoting Satoru Iwata.

This discussion is pointless .....

There is about what, 6-7% of wow population that have interest into Heroic Raiding? Guess what, it's all fine! Some people prefer to raid LFR, some people prefer to raid flex, so people prefer to raid Normal. Beside lfr, i know that some of my casual friend are still progressing into flex raiding. And they have fun. To make those statistic interesting, we should have them separate by level of difficulty of content while excluding people that are progressing into an harder difficulty of content.

So we all put people that are only progressing into Flex together, all people progressing into normal together, and all people progressing into Heroic. We might seen statistic that are equivalent to those Heroic raiding statistic...

The raiding numbers and success numbers during CURRENT content, have almost always been the same, this isn't anything out of the ordinary.

I voted 2% as it's still current.

This isn't really an issue, there is deeper issues you could talk about in terms of Heroic Raiding, but in comparisons of CURRENT content, the numbers are pretty much dead on, and it's still current content, we can only really judge it when 6.0 is out, then you could could compare, ToT has inflated numbers now because it's old.

People have different goals, different endgames, different ways of enjoying the game, the target audience of heroic raiding is nowhere near the majority, and will never be that, it's always been, and will always be, the top %, just like the top % of anything, it's niche, it's small, it usually stays at steady small numbers, and thus can be considered a success for it's target audience.

It is laughable the overwhelming shouts for MOAR FASTER when 99% of the player base has not gotten even close to comleting what is already out.
    Which is true for every aspect of the game though. Can't blame players to expect a game to be made for people actually playing it.

For a start, we don't include players who can't tie their shoelaces as potential candidates The pool becomes quite small on a quieter server at that point.
    We recently transitioned from 10 to 25 format in order to be prepared for WOD. We are on a server with no real heroic Guilds to speak of. The best there is to offer here are two guilds that interchange players in order to maintain the top couple rank spots but never get more than half way through an heroic tier.

The lefty righty shoe lace company does not have a franchise here, and yet in two weeks time we are just about caught up to our 10 man progression and seeking players to replace those that will not be in the ball park for heroic.

It is all in effort, how you throw your net, and which fish you throw back.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cFortyfive View Post
    Which is true for every aspect of the game though. Can't blame players to expect a game to be made for people actually playing it.
    If more than one player competes current raid content it has been proven doable. 2% of millions of players have completed. The content is able to be completed by everyone given the time and effort.

Quote Originally Posted by Normie View Post
    Blizzard has been looking at the Flex numbers and discovering that approximately zero casual/"beer league" raiders went back to raiding in Flex.
    Actually, I had been doing nothing but LFR in MoP before 5.4. After 5.4, I transferred my most advanced character to a raiding guild and tagged along for Flex runs (and subbed into some normal runs). As a result, that character did most of its raiding in this tier in Flex, not LFR. The Flex runs were typically very smooth, although part of that was higher mode raiders carrying others.

That guild has since transferred to a more populated server, btw, which shows one of the downsides of having a high difficulty mode for raid content: it encourages those players to associate/play more with each rather than the rest of the player population. I contend this is bad for the game overall, even if it may be good for retention of the elite.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    which shows one of the downsides of having a high difficulty mode for raid content: it encourages those players to associate/play more with each rather than the rest of the player population. I contend this is bad for the game overall, even if it may be good for retention of the elite.
    The rest of the player population is the cause of that.
    I think Garrosh difficulty was fine (paragon was harder in 25man).
    Blizzard cannot possibly please everyone. I killed Garrosh october 28th, not even 2months after release (US 6th, main is Akarò-Arthas if anyone wonders). I love heroic because it is challenging. We still do full clears but when SoO came out I was getting really bored of ToT. I really HATE doing LFRs. It's longer for me to do my 4 LFR parts than a full heroic clear, it really is a pain. I do think Flex really is a good idea tho.
    They made multiple difficulties to give a chance to most players to see content. What would be the point of that if they made heroic bosses easier so that more people can kill them?
    A lot of people said that players don't want to do hard things in WoW, well things that are too easy really bore me, i'd stop playing if there was no challenge for me in the game.

Point is no matter what they do, someone somewhere will be unhappy.

This whole thread is just proof of a genre being killed by its own lazy player base. Why even have a game at all if there's no actual difficulty involved. You really think they could push out content fast enough to keep up with the 2 hours it takes you to beat anything that isn't raiding or pvp? And surely anything they made specifically for those people couldn't take anymore than an hour or 2 a week, cause that would be ridiculous amirite?

What happened to the days of people taking pride in their accomplishments? If you don't like paying 15$ a month for what you're getting....THEN DONT. Raiding isn't going anywhere, it's the backbone of this game, adding a couple extra mechanics to a boss fight prolly took a whole hell of a lot less time than the timeless isle and challenge modes did.

Let me see....

EU-Jaedenar - Not a single hunter in guild, 11/14hc progress.

I don't see how you seem to think there's numerous options available we are currently recruiting but with the whole MYTHIC raiding upcoming its proving very difficult given some people who are looking now are mostly looking for future options as well understandably.
    Quote Originally Posted by Equim View Post
    I really don't see anything wrong with playing what you enjoy. Be it Frost, Fire, Arcane or Hello Kitty Island Adventure.

<1% of players defeat heroic Garrosh. >30% of forum commenters demand moar content faster. Now we see why it would be foolish to acquiesce to each and every supposed player base demand: a very vocal but very small minority actually comprise what so many seem to subjective believe is "actual" player feedback. So no, your class isn't underpowered, no the class that just killed you doesn't need a nerf, and while we all want more things to do and hate waiting for WoD, 99 our of 100 players can't technically say there's nothing left to do this tier.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Ogdru Jahad View Post
    Heroic raiding is a good thing, it's the hardest level there is. But it's honestly not right that .23% of the entire playerbase is able to see such a level of difficulty. That doesn't sound quite right, to be honest, blizzard caters TOO much to the elite raiders. Encounters at that level of difficulty shouldn't be tuned to such a minority, but players who can actually see it if they push themselves to their own personal limit.

Can anyone confirm if other MMOs with tiered difficulties in end game content have such a low participation rate?
    LFR, Flex, Normal.........yeah they cater too much to the elite raiders, get a grip man! Heck look at what they are doing in WoD, I swear to god people who have this mentality drive me insane!
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people - Martin Luther King, Jr.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its always been like this. Always such a small % that has completed all end game content. Why does this surprise people?