Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethernity4ever View Post
    The maelstorm EU 66k for a game card
    gamecard = timecard? Doubt ppl would pay 40-50€ for a months sub.
    Can't even see someone drop 66k on a 60day card with the gold prices on that server.

Quote Originally Posted by BergErr View Post
    Can't even see someone drop 66k on a 60day card with the gold prices on that server.
    40-50e? now where on earth did you come up with that number, Let me explain this.

The maelstorm gold price is if your buying from a site 20e = 30k

now the math here is pretty much simple, your not gonna buy gold off a site to spend that same gold to buy a game card.
    The whole point of buying a game card with cold is that you cant afford or dont want to pay real money.
    So automatically it cant be the same price as buying gold.

And belive it or not, people drop out up to 70k for 60days of game time. Just sayin'

Quote Originally Posted by BergErr View Post
    40-50 € ? That doesn't sound right.

The maelstorm EU 66k for a game card

that price is way off

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fossil View Post
    You will not be banned, but since there's no way to get your gold back, and no way to punish him since he's moved from the stolen account, whats the point? He's certainly not going to report you. SO what's your worry?
    The point is that the OP is now in the trail for the gold selling/buying market and they would want to report the scam so that they are only warned against any future attempts to buy such things illegally and possibly losing their account for it.
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitti Pryde View Post
    Just because they spam it in trade doesn't mean it's legitimate. Lol.

Worse than dupers selling Jeweled Onyx Panthers for 20k.
    even so just look at gold prices... Ive never bought gold because I never actually want to buy anything in this damn game and I actually find farming relaxing but from the spam I see constantly 1k costs a lil more than a dollar. If a 60 day time card costs 30 bucks that makes the gold equiv about 25-30k.

Really wish there was something I wanted to buy though because I won that mount of ji-kun in the first few weeks of tot and sold it to my guildmaster for 200k and ive just been sitting on the money for like 6 months with nothing to do. Dont see the point in buying any of the expensive mounts and I can make everything I need for raids myself so never have to spend anything besides for reforges :/
    Not that I need any raid supplies since school stops me from raiding anything but pugs right now x.x
    Last edited by Bladeface; 2014-01-10 at 09:31 AM.
    My channel: Shirgadirth I used to do let's play's but now I do reviews, but not very often. Far too busy from school. Also too poor to buy games :P

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fresh View Post
    So like an idiot, not knowing the rules, low on money and game time expiring in 10 minutes I decided to take a guy up on paying 10k gold for 60days of wow. I paid him 1k as a down payment and he'd give me the code and then I'd give him the other 9k. I gave him the 1k and he immediately logged off. Since I did not receive the game time and just gave the character gold for no reason am I at risk for a ban? Should I report him for scamming?
    He probably scammed you.
    Also, buying gametime should be legal. In a way that EVE or Wildstar offers it. That is such a great model.

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    People who cheat/break the rules.deserve to be scammed and then banned..

And EVERYONE knows they are not allowed to buy an out-of-game code for in-game gold, because they accept it, every time a patch is released AND it have on the forums over and over for en eternity..
    I definitely disagree. As a consumer It's my right to let the company be the judge of my actions with their product, similar to getting warranty support on a product, sometimes they will honor it if they deem your actions acceptable or within a reasonable frame of mind/use. What people fail to realize is that the gold for real money transactions clause is something they must have in there legally due to AML laws. It has nothing to do with your precious game economy(sorry to be blunt and sarcastic)

Point being, blizzard would be stupid not to refund this guy's gold, as it's basically saying, oh we know you have a renewal coming up on your subscription but were not going to give you something which has absolutely no value(1k gold) for $15 cash.

Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    He probably scammed you.
    Also, buying gametime should be legal. In a way that EVE or Wildstar offers it. That is such a great model.
    Yes yes yes totaly +1, But never gonna happen because that means less money for blizzard =/

Yes yes yes totaly +1, But never gonna happen because that means less money for blizzard =/
    Actually its more money for blizzard since the gametime token has to be bought from blizzard before selling it to other players for gold, and atleast in EVE the token costs more than the actual gametime. The system combats rmt very effectively in my opinion.

Deleted
    Done that a few times when I was a kid to make gold. Some people in trade were offering 40k for 60 days. I took 20k in advance and then ignored them, playing on my main acc with what I had scammed. Done this around 5 times and the gold never got removed of my account. When I wondered what is going to happen to me I made a ticket and asked a GM what happens if you get scammed out of game time. He said we don't interfere with such transactions. Just a heads up of what actually happens.

Don't give me a hard time about this, I was still a kid back then ^^

Deleted
    I usually pay 50-57k for a 60 day GTC. Never got scammed or banned. 10k way way too obvious

10+ Year Old Account

Mod-note:
    Topic is locked now, sorry for your loss of gold. But the dicussion of topics like this are not permitted, nor should it be further discussed. It -is- against Blizzard's rules to buy anything real life for gold, as well as buy anything in-game for real money.

- Gehco
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..