Free Character Migration = joke

How is it possible that Stormrage isn't up for FCM in the new offerings? wowprogress.com shows Stormrage as the most populous realm. I regularly log in to find a queue of 1800 or more on any weeknight. It's completely ridiculous that you might have to wait 2 hours to get into a game that you pay to play. I want off that server, but I sure as hell am not going to pay transfer fees for multiple toons. /rant

edit: wow.realmpop.com shows stormrage as actually the 4th most populous US realm. Still, how are they not encouraging free xfers now before WoD?
    Last edited by piin; 2014-01-10 at 03:28 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because they aren't experiencing as big of queues then other servers has.
    1 thing, these online pop stuff aren't accurate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

Its a bit apples and oranges when comparing US realms and Europe. Stormrage-US does have a high (the highest?) realm and long queues, but the issue with European servers is that the users tend to log in during a much narrower time window each day, whereas people on US realms spread out their online time around the clock more. This causes much bigger spikes in European realm online populations at certain times, which is probably why those realms have FCMs opened up for them more often.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by piin View Post
    I regularly log in to find a queue of 1800 or more on any weeknight.
    Not to belittle your point (because I do understand your frustration), but I'm not sure when or how you're seeing queues of 1800. On weeknights and weekends the highest I've ever seen is 800, and that took about a 10 minute wait to resolve. Many nights there is no queue, or a queue of only 50-100 which resolves in a couple of minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Lalicat View Post
    Not to belittle your point (because I do understand your frustration), but I'm not sure when or how you're seeing queues of 1800. On weeknights and weekends the highest I've ever seen is 800, and that took about a 10 minute wait to resolve. Many nights there is no queue, or a queue of only 50-100 which resolves in a couple of minutes.
    roughly between 7:00-8:00pm EST. I promise I am not exaggerating either with the number in queue or the amount of time it takes for me to get in. 1 hour minimum during any raid start times. If I get home from work with just enough time to log in for a raid, forget it. Can't raid.

10+ Year Old Account
    These are artifical Queues to make people want take the FCM, if not than Blizzard might just force people off these into 2 or 3 split servers.

But EU is so packed that I'm not surprised they keep getting FCM while US hardly does.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

Quote Originally Posted by Arbs View Post
    These are artifical Queues to make people want take the FCM, if not than Blizzard might just force people off these into 2 or 3 split servers.

But EU is so packed that I'm not surprised they keep getting FCM while US hardly does.
    well it's working on me. I'm chomping at the bit to xfer right now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arbs View Post

EU has like 20 locked servers lately =/
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

Quote Originally Posted by piin View Post
    How is it possible that Stormrage isn't up for FCM in the new offerings? wowprogress.com shows Stormrage as the most populous realm. I regularly log in to find a queue of 1800 or more on any weeknight. It's completely ridiculous that you might have to wait 2 hours to get into a game that you pay to play. I want off that server, but I sure as hell am not going to pay transfer fees for multiple toons. /rant

edit: wow.realmpop.com shows stormrage as actually the 4th most populous US realm. Still, how are they not encouraging free xfers now before WoD?
    You are free to make characters elsewhere. I'm sure that if free transfers came up you would regret mount since its a huge duffer eve going from high to low pop realms.

I completely lost faith in Blizzards ability to balance servers and the FCM is an awful way of trying to balance it. I've actually witnessed it destroy two realms in the effort to save one because its so terribly managed.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't understand why they can't just split a big server into two servers say Stormrage-1 and Stormrage-2 and CRZ all the zones so they only split if there's too many people in one area and then "merge" those two servers so they have separate login systems.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    EU has like 20 locked servers lately =/
    Ever since cross realm heirlooms every alt is on the few major servers now

That's not a joke. This is a joke.

"Knock knock"
    ... ...
    "Knock knock"
    ... ...

... Get it? No one's home.
    ( ; , , ; )

Quote Originally Posted by Ailyara View Post
    I don't understand why they can't just split a big server into two servers say Stormrage-1 and Stormrage-2 and CRZ all the zones so they only split if there's too many people in one area and then "merge" those two servers so they have separate login systems.
    Because that wouldnt cause any problems right? The data would still need to be stored somewhere, they cant just make an extra space to store the stuff that isnt already being used

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    if blizzard had better managed transfers to high pop servers (as in not allowing them) these kind of problems wouldn't happen. they need to be more aggressive about merging too. it's only pride that keeps them from merging, and fear of the 'omg they're merging it means they're dying!' trolls.