Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    We spent a few more days on the boss, I finally chose SV for the next phases, here is the way we do it :

- I don't hit the boss until the first engineer spawns (but my pet does) (first 20 seconds)
    - I land an ice trap under the adds before the engineer spawns
    - I kill the first engineer alone
    - I go on the boss, use CDs...
    - I kill the second engineer with our restoration druid
    - The boss is usually below 10% a few seconds before the third desecrate/adds wave

By the way, I can say that even if the pet doesn't attack anything before the engineer, he doesn't teleport behind the engineer (with BS talent enabled, ofc)

If someone wants the proof, I can get it from my records.

Oh and by the way, thank for the replies !

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Insulin View Post
    still unclear as to how any of you cant make you pet use blink strikes to get up to the engineer if you are that bad u cant make it not use BS. put it on passive 20 seconds before the engineer is even out, as soon as your pet is in attack range it should blink right up there... never had an issue with this. and am i the only one who thinks arcane shot does a lot of dmg as bm? do you guys not even use arcane shot lol? it crits for 200k+ all the time especially when BW is up.
    Baffled as to why you keep blindly posting about this.

Pets will not blink up to the engineer.

You have about 8 seconds to do 3 million damage. Good luck without a pet as BM.

Hunters are pretty trash when it comes to doing Engineers on heroic. I'd suggest having a Warlock do it. If that isn't an option, have 2 people do it and try and beat the 3rd engineer.

I can solo them easily as bm, just don't open on boss in the start save everything, run over to engineer before it spawns and use bw only for a cd, save stampede for 2nd one. able to kill it in like 2-4 seconds. if your group can't make the dps before getting a 3rd engineer or even 3rd set of adds without you dpsing the boss in the start you're guild needs new dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Hartlin View Post
    Baffled as to why you keep blindly posting about this.

Pets will not blink up to the engineer.

You have about 8 seconds to do 3 million damage. Good luck without a pet as BM.

Hunters are pretty trash when it comes to doing Engineers on heroic. I'd suggest having a Warlock do it. If that isn't an option, have 2 people do it and try and beat the 3rd engineer.
    you're fucking kidding me right?
    Last edited by hareu; 2014-01-23 at 06:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by hareu View Post
    I can solo them easily as bm, just don't open on boss in the start save everything, run over to engineer before it spawns and use bw only for a cd, save stampede for 2nd one. able to kill it in like 2-4 seconds. if your group can't make the dps before getting a 3rd engineer or even 3rd set of adds without you dpsing the boss in the start you're guild needs new dps.
    Stampede on an engineer ? That seems like a rather huge waste and dps loss. I would rather send someone else do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Thotor View Post
    Stampede on an engineer ? That seems like a rather huge waste and dps loss. I would rather send someone else do it.
    honestly better than having another dps get off the boss to come help. or if you mean have another guy go solo it, everyone else would need to save a cd for it also anyways. it's honestly not a huge deal.

I feel like most hunters here say hunters suck at doing it because they want an excuse for not having to do it, but if you can't solo it as a hunter with ease and if you tell your guild that hunters suck at it, I hope your guild sees this and tells you that you suck, and hopefully replaces you for someone that's better and more knowledgeable about what your own class can do.
    Last edited by hareu; 2014-01-23 at 11:48 AM.

Deleted
    I feel like most hunters here say hunters suck at doing it because they want an excuse for not having to do it, but if you can't solo it as a hunter with ease and if you tell your guild that hunters suck at it, I hope your guild sees this and tells you that you suck, and hopefully replaces you for someone that's better and more knowledgeable about what your own class can do.
    Regardless, Hunters have to deal with pet AI and possible procs as Survival compared to say a Warlock who can just pump out some Chaos Bolts and teleport back or a Mage who is able to burst down the engineer and blink back. I'm not saying Hunters aren't able to solo the engineer but it's definitely safer to just send a Warlock or Mage over instead. Hunters have more handicaps compared to other classes.

But what do I know. Like I said in my first post, I've only had a few attempts as Survival on 10 man with little to no room to try and maximize DPS.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovan View Post
    Regardless, Hunters have to deal with pet AI and possible procs as Survival compared to say a Warlock who can just pump out some Chaos Bolts and teleport back or a Mage who is able to burst down the engineer and blink back. I'm not saying Hunters aren't able to solo the engineer but it's definitely safer to just send a Warlock or Mage over instead. Hunters have more handicaps compared to other classes.

But what do I know. Like I said in my first post, I've only had a few attempts as Survival on 10 man with little to no room to try and maximize DPS.
    a.) Warlocks also have issues getting the engineer down. Over on the warlock forum there is a similar thread going on about locks complaining how *they* are not the best class to send over and RL's should send hunters instead!
    b.) What if you don't have a mage or a warlock (as in our case), hunters really are the next best class. We have ele shamans, who are even more rng based for this purpose (plus we need them taking care of adds, where they are infinitely more useful). Other than that we have a shadow priest, which is terrible for this. Looking at all these other ranged classes, hunters really are up there in options.

I can solo them easily as bm, just don't open on boss in the start save everything, run over to engineer before it spawns and use bw only for a cd, save stampede for 2nd one. able to kill it in like 2-4 seconds.
    You know we're talking about heroic here right? I'm in ilvl 575 gear. With all my procs up at the start of a fight, plus pre-pot, against a fully debuffed target, my arcane shot caps out at around 300,000 damage on a crit, glaive toss about 450,000 on double crit. Even if you somehow managed to get the target debuffed, had a potion up and all your trinkets proced immediately, and had nothing but crits on glaive toss, arcane shot, and auto shots, you still wouldn't kill it in 4 GCDs. And you can't get debuffs on it, or rely on your trinkets procing immediately, or always get all crits.

Can you post a log of you killing the engineer in "2-4 seconds" as BM without a pet? Or even just killing it consistently solo before it activates the iron star?

I'm not saying hunters are always a terrible choice for the assignment, but if you expect a BM hunter, or realistically even survival, to do it solo, sans pet, every time, I think you're going to be wasting a lot of attempts.
    Last edited by Thursley; 2014-01-23 at 07:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thursley View Post
    You know we're talking about heroic here right? I'm in ilvl 575 gear. With all my procs up at the start of a fight, plus pre-pot, against a fully debuffed target, my arcane shot caps out at around 300,000 damage on a crit, glaive toss about 450,000 on double crit. Even if you somehow managed to get the target debuffed, had a potion up and all your trinkets proced immediately, and had nothing but crits on glaive toss, arcane shot, and auto shots, you still wouldn't kill it in 4 GCDs. And you can't get debuffs on it, or rely on your trinkets procing immediately, or always get all crits.

Can you post a log of you killing the engineer in "2-4 seconds" as BM without a pet? Or even just killing it consistently solo before it activates the iron star?

I'm not saying hunters are always a terrible choice for the assignment, but if you expect a BM hunter, or realistically even survival, to do it solo, sans pet, every time, I think you're going to be wasting a lot of attempts.
    Why the fuck would you go do it without a pet? do you understand what blink strikes is? and yes I know were talking about heroic, I'll post my logs in a sec.

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-vdk7x6gej6p1lwm1/

these logs are from right now and still working on garrosh tonight, but I'm getting the engineers every time without a problem.

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-vd...ses&boss=71865 from the whole night you can see who damaged the engineer, it says jyn along with myself which is the name of our mage but it's also my pets name which is why it's showing it like that.
    Last edited by hareu; 2014-01-24 at 01:22 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why the fuck would you go do it without a pet? do you understand what blink strikes is? and yes I know were talking about heroic, I'll post my logs in a sec.

these logs are from right now and still working on garrosh tonight, but I'm getting the engineers every time without a problem.

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-vd...ses&boss=71865 from the whole night you can see who damaged the engineer, it says jyn along with myself which is the name of our mage but it's also my pets name which is why it's showing it like that.
    is it just me or at your first shared log does it say garrosh 10 normal ?

on normal everyone and their granny can kill engineers solo but hc, i don't know. not there yet myself, only 3/ 14 hc.

Quote Originally Posted by Littlepinch View Post
    I do the engineers every week as BM and i can confirm that you don't even need your pet to attack. Just pop BW and unload GT and Arcanes and it goes down really fast. I keep my pet on garrosh and use KC on him and just blow up the engineer with my dmg.

I have my pet on passive most of the time and i stick him on my main target.
    LFR and Flex doesn't go in this thread. In our Heroic 25m, 3 warlocks and a mage takes care of it. The other 2 hunters maintain dps on boss and adds.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntermyth View Post
    is it just me or at your first shared log does it say garrosh 10 normal ?

on normal everyone and their granny can kill engineers solo but hc, i don't know. not there yet myself, only 3/ 14 hc.
    WoL can't recognize siegecrafter, paragons and garrosh on HC for some reason.

Well that log the engineer took 5.8mil damage and only 4 spawned (2 cycles), all damage comes from hunter and pet so it seems its correct. And the pet was killing the engineer so that answers that problem.

10+ Year Old Account

Would it be possible for y'all to upload your logs to warcraftlogs.com also next time and post the link here? It is so much more convenient to use that site, considering worldoflogs is dead now anyway.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by st33l View Post
    Would it be possible for y'all to upload your logs to warcraftlogs.com also next time and post the link here? It is so much more convenient to use that site, considering worldoflogs is dead now anyway.

Thanks!
    um no, nice try at trying to advertise that shitty site though.

Deleted
    I've only killed Garrosh hm in 25 so no experience in 10 (and my RL doesn't put us on the engineer) but it would be much more convincing to show logs where you actually kill Garrosh...

Quote Originally Posted by Trieste View Post
    I've only killed Garrosh hm in 25 so no experience in 10 (and my RL doesn't put us on the engineer) but it would be much more convincing to show logs where you actually kill Garrosh...
    however you kill engineers in phase 1 has absolutely no outcome on how the rest of the fight goes..?

however you kill engineers in phase 1 has absolutely no outcome on how the rest of the fight goes..?
    Considering you're delaying cooldowns to kill the Engineer then you could argue that it effects your DPS later on in the fight. Disregarding that you should probably read what you just wrote and understand that what you said is completely true yet counters your own way of thinking. There is no point at all in trying to solo the Engineers as it just causes more room for error (wipes) and will not impact the rest of the fight as long as you get through phase 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    Considering you're delaying cooldowns to kill the Engineer then you could argue that it effects your DPS later on in the fight. Disregarding that you should probably read what you just wrote and understand that what you said is completely true yet counters your own way of thinking. There is no point at all in trying to solo the Engineers as it just causes more room for error (wipes) and will not impact the rest of the fight as long as you get through phase 1.
    you can argue that anything you do causes more room for error, just don't fuck it up and you'll be fine. also you only delay your cds like 20 seconds (I started using every cd on the engineer in the start and then portalling back to the boss taking my pet and stampede with me, making it so I can hit boss with stampede and most of the duration of my trinkets, and I'm able to kill 2nd engineer with just BW) might try some other methods and see whats more efficient and gets more boss dps but this seems good since we push boss before the 2nd shaman almost every time.

all my cds are back up like 20 seconds after the first intermission, so it works out.

10+ Year Old Account
    um no, nice try at trying to advertise that shitty site though.
    A bit OT, why do you consider that site 'shitty'?

I am not exactly affiliated with either site, but it surprises me that someone actually finds warcraftlogs in any way inferior to worldoflogs. My only motivation for using either site is really to do with the fact that, well, one works (warcraftlogs), the other one doesn't (worldoflogs).