10+ Year Old Account

Question Member availability calendar solution?

Greetings!
    I am seeking input for a solution for my guilds availability tracking and planning. I am quite tired of posting test events in game for the purposes of seeing when people are able to join in activities. This differs from actual event posts. I would like to be able to have a semi active / current calendar to view and see when most members consider themselves available for planning activities.

I have considered google calendars or teamer, but am confident these solutions would be too cumbersome and be difficult to encourage people to adopt. Our guild site provider enjin does not have a solution for this issue at this time. I am seeking feedback from other active guild leadership and or players, whom have guilds that have answered this problem.

Thank you for your input

What kind of activities are you planning for, and how would you describe your guild's (and members') mentality regarding those events and attendance ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by 86d View Post
    Greetings!
    Our guild site provider enjin does not have a solution for this issue at this time.
    Are you sure. We use the 'Event' Module which is through enjin and displayed on our website.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gsite: StormScale86d.com

Quote Originally Posted by Halicia View Post
    What kind of activities are you planning for, and how would you describe your guild's (and members') mentality regarding those events and attendance ?
    We have been raiding for several years now, and recently converted from a semi hard core 10m to a 25m group. The idea behind this calendar is first to see when member's are able to do activities and the secondly determine interest in varieties of activities (ie Alt raids, Pet battles, PVP, challenge modes, achievement runs, etc). We communicate via an application called groupme and are showing growth in our social media usage and gsite, but none of these tools help in the desired ways to easily and visually show member current availability / interest.

Quote Originally Posted by Javelindog View Post
    Are you sure. We use the 'Event' Module which is through enjin and displayed on our website.
    I have the enjin calendar up yes, but it its not like the feature in guildlaunch to where members could site their availability upon recruitment or in profile:

Example from guild launch
    Your Availability
    Never 1 x A Month 2 x A Month 3 x A Month Always Dont Know
    Sunday
    Monday
    Tuesday
    Wednesday
    Thursday
    Friday
    Saturday
    * = Required Value
    Last edited by Megalithe; 2014-01-11 at 08:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 86d View Post
    We have been raiding for several years now, and recently converted from a semi hard core 10m to a 25m group.
    ouch. was hoping you were going to say something like 'casual 10man', heh.

even with 25man though, unless your group is *very* reliable in putting in the extra effort, I think that whatever minor hurdle you place will lose ppl from the start. instead of relying on them to make the first move, I'd probably set up an officer in charge of 'new events', who actively seeks out time, availability, and interest from EVERY member ingame. (prolly thru ingame mail), and then that officer consolidates the information with whatever method they find easiest. once an event has been established, it can be handed off to someone else to maintain/lead.

and once you've got every member's availability, you only need to worry about scheduling changes and new members. (or new events).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Halicia View Post
    ouch. was hoping you were going to say something like 'casual 10man', heh.

even with 25man though, unless your group is *very* reliable in putting in the extra effort, I think that whatever minor hurdle you place will lose ppl from the start. instead of relying on them to make the first move, I'd probably set up an officer in charge of 'new events', who actively seeks out time, availability, and interest from EVERY member ingame. (prolly thru ingame mail), and then that officer consolidates the information with whatever method they find easiest. once an event has been established, it can be handed off to someone else to maintain/lead.

and once you've got every member's availability, you only need to worry about scheduling changes and new members. (or new events).
    This is likely a route that will be taken, but I am hoping to be introduced into a dynamic tool to really keep the guild semi current on its members availability / interest, without added administrative overhead.