Battl-Stones & Noob

G'day

Curious as I have a few of these in my bag but not sure whether to use them or not...cause I don't understand.

Is there somewhere someone can please link me to clear detail about using them ?

Cheers

10+ Year Old Account
    You use them on the corresponding pet type and upgrades the pet quality to rare.

Last I checked, you actually have to summon the pet, target it, and then use it. I thought it would be a click on stone->click on pet in the pet list thing, but apparently not

What do the class specific ones do I am just worried about spending them on my rare pets before realizing it was the wrong thing to do...

Quote Originally Posted by Spoogles View Post
    What do the class specific ones do I am just worried about spending them on my rare pets before realizing it was the wrong thing to do...
    They work for a specific type only. If its a blue stone, it will go to a blue quality pet. It will delevel them a bit if they are above level 15.

All battle stones work in the same capacity in that Uncommon (Green stones) will upgrade any Grey/White Pet to uncommon quality and if the pet is Level 15 or higher they can lose 0, 1 or 2 levels. So possibly bringing a Level 15 to 13 (25 to 23/24) etc.

Blue stones (Class Specific / Flawless) will upgrade a Grey/White/Green to Rare quality and if the pet is Level 15 or higher they can lose 0, 1 or 2 levels as well.

There is no right or wrong answer on what to upgrade. Some people suggest you use them on rares that are a pain to farm (Valk'yr for example) or use them on pets you get from vendors/achievements since they only come in one quality.

I just got an Unborn Valkyr and It's level 19 blue quality, is it worth using an Undead Battle-Stone on ?

I just got an Unborn Valkyr and It's level 19 blue quality, is it worth using an Undead Battle-Stone on ?
    In this case no because Blue is the highest you can go. In fact I believe if you try to use it, you'll get an error in game and won't let you use it. (Not 100% sure)

Do battle-stones simply upgrade a pet from common, uncommon to Rare and nothing more beyond that ?

Do battle-stones simply upgrade a pet from common, uncommon to Rare and nothing more beyond that ?
    Yeah, it's just so you don't have to farm a rarer pet basically, or to upgrade pets that only come in uncommon.
    It also reduces their level though, but you get higher stats for rarity I believe.

I'm going to come off a bit dickish here, but it does exactly what the item states. Pets have qualities and types, as I'm sure you've noticed.

Example:

I have a level 25 Poor Cockroach (critter).

I use a Flawless Critter Battle-Stone on it.

It becomes a Rare level 23 Cockroach.

It's really as simple as that.

blue just upgrade pets into rares.. making them lose 2 lvls in the process. when a pets rare they have slightly higher attack/hp/speed or whatnot.. and they are slightly better. its not a big deal what u spend stones on, if u do the pet fable quests dailys u will have tons of stones soon.

Ok Ok thank you all

I was a bit confused as I thought that the class specific battle-stones somehow gave your pet new abilities...or something like that but I see now that the battle-stone is just a method of making them Rare quality.

Cleared up heaps thanks!

Just so you know, don't waste your time on the Uncommon upgrade stones; there's no reason why you'd want to do that.

Ok Ok thank you all

I was a bit confused as I thought that the class specific battle-stones somehow gave your pet new abilities...or something like that but I see now that the battle-stone is just a method of making them Rare quality.

Cleared up heaps thanks!
    Also to add to this conversation. It doesn't just increase their rarity. They also gain better stats, so their speed, attack power, and health will go up when you upgrade them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mush View Post
    Also to add to this conversation. It doesn't just increase their rarity. They also gain better stats, so their speed, attack power, and health will go up when you upgrade them.
    Not entirely true..

Yes, health etc goes up, but ONLY because a rare > uncommon > common > poor, when it comes to stats.. An upgraded pet have exactly the same stats as a pet that was rare from the beginning...
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/