Boomkin: Frustrating burst

Is it just me or is our burst extremely frustrating? It's like once I get into celestial alignment I'm getting so many SS procs that it feels like I'm cancelling my starfire spam constantly to get them off..which sometimes turns into a circus and I'm trying to do both at once...it just feels really clunky and overwhelming. Anyone else feel like this? (I imagine without the 4set bonus it wouldn't be so bad).

dont ever cancel Starfire cast unless your at .1 which i highly doubt u got crazy reflexes like that

Quote Originally Posted by zimboombafoo View Post
    Is it just me or is our burst extremely frustrating? It's like once I get into celestial alignment I'm getting so many SS procs that it feels like I'm cancelling my starfire spam constantly to get them off..which sometimes turns into a circus and I'm trying to do both at once...it just feels really clunky and overwhelming. Anyone else feel like this? (I imagine without the 4set bonus it wouldn't be so bad).
    This is exactly how I feel every time I burst on my boomkin too lol. It's even more annoying when both of your rppm trinkets and LGM don't always proc off the first wrath cast/mushroom detonate and you end up having to recast stronger dots in between all of that mess..

Quote Originally Posted by primalfears View Post
    dont ever cancel Starfire cast unless your at .1 which i highly doubt u got crazy reflexes like that
    really? I was told to cancel starfire if you're below 50% of the cast. do you mean just during burst or always?

Quote Originally Posted by zimboombafoo View Post
    really? I was told to cancel starfire if you're below 50% of the cast. do you mean just during burst or always?
    u should cancel unless the proc occurs near the end of ur cast maybe halfwayish, especially during trinkets and incarnation SS crit is going to be way more than starfire. Cancelling is good practice to help curb proc wasteage, idk wtf the above poster is on about never cancelling is really bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fappasaurus View Post
    u should cancel unless the proc occurs near the end of ur cast maybe halfwayish, especially during trinkets and incarnation SS crit is going to be way more than starfire. Cancelling is good practice to help curb proc wasteage, idk wtf the above poster is on about never cancelling is really bad.
    you still incurr the GCD so its NOT always an increase.
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,
    maybe streaming @ http://www.twitch.tv/vexxee

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    The wasted GCDs add up. Ideally, you'll want to constantly mash your SS keybind while casting starfire. This way you won't end up with a ton of wasted GCDs.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    The only thing that frustrates me about our Burst DPS is if Purified Bindings of Immerseus wants to proc on the pull (or close enough after a pull) or not at all.

I recommend what others have said so far though. Just keep spamming your Starsurge while casting Starfires but don't cancel casts for it.

Never cancel a Starfire to use a Starsurge during CA. A Starsurge only does marginally more damage and considering Starfire is close to 1 second cast during the opener there is no reason at all to cancel it.

Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    Never cancel a Starfire to use a Starsurge during CA. A Starsurge only does marginally more damage and considering Starfire is close to 1 second cast during the opener there is no reason at all to cancel it.
    Basically this.

When out of the opener, I'll interrupt if NG or Meta is not active and I have more than 1sec on my Starfire left.