Thread: Skin idea

Skin idea

So i was sitting here playing league and drinking why doesnt zil have a doctor who skin i mean he is the time lord? Thinking i should bring this up to riot and demand it lol what ya'll think

Copyright issues

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slonah View Post
    Copyright issues
    Pretty much. That would be very blatant copyright infringement. There is also the fact that Zilean is not a very played champion. Doesn't mean that they won't ever make another skin for him, but recent skins have been for more popular champs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Copyright issues
    There's always a way around them look at the "Warring Kingdoms" skins, or any of the other skins inspired by other IP.

As for the actual skin... I think the problem is which Doctor would he look like? There's 13 to pick from, so unless you do a whole range, people are always going to complain. Going by numbers it seems a solid bet to pick David Tennant, or maybe Tom Baker, but you'd still get people complaining they picked the "wrong" doctor.

oh man they could use the Tardis sound when he recalled... :'(
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

10+ Year Old Account
    And how exactly would he look? Other than the 'which doctor would you pick'... what exactly defines the doctor who look?

It's not like a guy wearing a butterfly tie is a totally unique concept that can only be the doctor.

prob the 5th and i just said doctor as a general give them room and if we are talking copy right issues should stinger akali have got away i mean shes scorpion with that skin from mortal combat

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenshadows View Post
    prob the 5th and i just said doctor as a general give them room and if we are talking copy right issues should stinger akali have got away i mean shes scorpion with that skin from mortal combat
    No, Yellow-Jacket Shen is Scorpion from Mortal Kombat :P Frozen Shen is also Sub-Zero ^^

Havent seen them but prob both push it either way they can work around think it'd be amazing

10+ Year Old Account
    Copyright issues
    But consider... how much can you "copyright?" I mean, sure, if he dropped a TARDIS down and said Dr. Who phrases and all that for the skin, they might get into trouble... but if they stuck him in a snappy suit and fancy hair, what? Are they going to be sued because Dr. Who owns "guy in snappy suit with fancy hair?"

As long as we're doing parody skins... A white and red Talon skin, like Ezio... (he's practically Ezio anyway.)
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    As long as we're doing parody skins... A white and red Talon skin, like Ezio... (he's practically Ezio anyway.)
    But nowhere near as cool Ezio FTW (although Edward Kenway is pretty close...)

Also... bring on Yuri Hyuga skin for Udyr ! Then a Karen skin for Fiora, Blanca skin for Warwick, Lucia skin for Karma, Kurando skin for Yasuo, maybe a Anastasia skin for Annie and Joachim skin for Garen. Gepetto would be hard... Maybe Malzahar? his voidling could be Cornellia the doll
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Deleted
    Always thought they should have made an Annie skin where Tibbers is in fact a giant Gummy Bear xD

They need to make a Seto Kaiba skin for Twisted Fate.