Resto Shaman Proving Grounds Help

Hey all,

So I've tried looking through the internet for a few specific things related to gearing for Proving Grounds Endless as a resto shaman.

The main bit of information that I found was "I went for first haste cap for riptide tick, then crit>spirit>mastery>haste, int flask and food. I was nearly oom at the end of 9, 19, 29 waves so mana regen was spot on. I used unleashed fury to heal virmen dots easier, some people use primal elementalist for extra damage, remember to use stormlash, i used it on wave 5 and 10th (with mages hero, didnt use hero myself to save mana)." by a user called melzas in another thread.

The main thing i'm asking is if there is a list of gear that is best for proving grounds, or if it more comes down to individual playstyle?

Cheers,
    Shmiles.

Eventually the playstyle matters more than the gear. The dps on the team there are pretty bad -- they do mediocre dps and like to stand in the fire.
    The trick is to be familiar with the spawn locations of each round, help dps, stun the casters with capacitor totem, and interrupt a lot.

With regards to gear:

1. The gear ilvl is scaled, but not the gems. Therefore it's best to use items with as much gem slots as possible. For the weapon, use old one which can use the extra gem slot from the legendary quest.

2. Intellect is king there. The higher our ilvl, intellect gets weaker relatively when compared to our secondary stats, but it works in reverse too -- the lower the ilvl, intellect gets much stronger. Use intellect flask & food, gem intellect in red sockets, use the intellect meta.

3. Legendary meta, cloak proc, and set bonuses don't work -- use other items.

4. Mana regen is a problem - spirit is important, and you want to avoid haste & mastery, use spirit & crit instead.

5. Use the darkmoon trinket, Relic of Chi-Ji, since it is itemized higher than its ilvl compared to other trinkets (I used Horridon's trinket in the other slot).

I personally found the conductivity talent to work best there. In the lower rounds rushing streams can seem better, but once you get the hang of using conductivity, I found it stronger in the higher rounds. You can have the entire team except the hunter in the healing rain, and extend it using lightning bolts so you also help dps. Also use the totemic recall and telluric currents glyphs for extra mana regen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Vixsin has an awesome guide here: http://lifeingroup5.com/?p=3632

There's really not much to add to that.

Everything that gives you more mana is great. You want gear that has a lot of sockets. You want a helmet with a non-legendary meta (Revitalizing Primal Diamond). The Darkmoon trinket is great.

Quote Originally Posted by Koor View Post
    2. Intellect is king there. The higher our ilvl, intellect gets weaker relatively when compared to our secondary stats, but it works in reverse too -- the lower the ilvl, intellect gets much stronger. Use intellect flask & food, gem intellect in red sockets, use the intellect meta.

3. Legendary meta, cloak proc, and set bonuses don't work -- use other items.

4. Mana regen is a problem - spirit is important, and you want to avoid haste & mastery, use spirit & crit instead.

5. Use the darkmoon trinket, Relic of Chi-Ji, since it is itemized higher than its ilvl compared to other trinkets (I used Horridon's trinket in the other slot).
    Guess those are the main points for me. I didn't want to slog out weeks of SoO LFR for items when they will be similar to items I could get from the older tiers which have almost 100% droprates

Deleted
    I personally took the TC glyph because there is alot of downtime from healing where you can just spam lightning bolt and this gives you alot of mana back. I did endless recently to 48 on my third attemt with no pre knowlage of the encounter I had no specific gear for it I was running with crit gems and had everything reforged out of spirit the only reason I didn't go futher was because I messed up a spirit link. I personally Hero'd on the 5th wave because it can overlaps alot with the 6th otherwise and the 10th one always has breathing room because they give you an additional 10 seconds to drink after where you only need a split second to drink while the 1st wave comes in as it doesn't do much damaage so you can ignore healing until you are full mana. The only other tip I can give is that you should dps the adds which do the ineruptable AOE because otherwise the rest of your group can end up dpsing other mobs and if they do that they won't help interupt which means you end up taking tons of unnessisary damage. Endless healer is pretty easy once you figure out how to deal with the mobs. Windsheer and Grounding totem are your friends.

Deleted
    I used conductivity and kept it all the time at tank+rogue+me, HW is key to go - low mana cost and increases HR timing. TC glyph is also handy for low dmg periods (When HR is sufficient)

the throughput requirements are not hard to meet, but the regen can be brutal. i used my engineering helm with +600 spirit and +600 crit gems and the spirit meta. i also used the DMF & alchemy trinkets, and ate spirit food and spirit flask.

i didn't go out of my way to find old gear, but i did strap on whatever i had in my bank, looking for gear with gem slots and base spirit. i tried to maximize spirit in my gemming & enchants as well, while also picking up socket bonuses. otherwise, i went spirit > crit = mastery > haste. i didn't worry about any haste breakpoints.

i ended up using conductivity when i got the proven healer achievement, and maintained it with HW and glyphed CH.

with all that mana was very manageable, which was nice because my group sucked at dps enough that i never got out of combat to drink after the 10's.

i think i also used UF for a boosted big heal on the tank when needed.

you'll eventually get into a rotation, and remember which waves to drop your FE, EE, etc. stun as often as possible and use ascendance as a mana saver.

Deleted
    Legendary items won't work, meaning meta gem and extra gem in weapon wont work. Cloak proc wont work. But the cloak itself has great stats + a socket so its still BiS for challenge modes and proving grounds.

Use TC glyph. Makes a HUGE difference.

Get as many sockets as possible

Reforge for first haste breakpoint then spirit and crit.

Use stun totem basicly on cd.

Use earth ele to help out tank (as it taunts)

Use UF talent. since a highpowered healing wave is cheap and effective.

Use the talent where HR lasts up to 40 seconds (conductivity?) and place HR on melee and stand there yourself.

Dispel ASAP

Watch out for the bleed debuff that goes away at +90% hp

Most of these tips are from what i remember when doing it myself and from vixsins guide someone linked to.

Deleted
    Prioritize dispelling those standing in melee. If you get two debuffs at the same time (dunno if grounding works for that) and one of them is on yourself, dispel the tank go somewhere else, pop astral shift and wait for the damage to hit.