Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm a Warlock and I'd give up any CC before I gave up my Succubus' Seduction.
    Last edited by Bryrida; 2014-01-16 at 09:00 AM.
    "Being bad never felt so good!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xorious View Post
    Don't Dk's have like a 5 second stun/silence? :P
    Only if you don't want a snare or slowing pressure from howling blast.

As for remorseless winter... anything that makes you immune to simple movement impairing effects or rogue evasion completely negate remorseless winter because it can't stack.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arcarsenal View Post

id say the double grip on the set bonus in pvp. ppl underestimate the power of that in a cleave team or in RBGs.

if i was being selfish id say remorseless winter(mostly cuz i dont even use it)
    I love my double grip. Helps to negate hunter double disengage, monks just double rolling away...
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Warrior: Shockwave, Storm Bolt.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arayaa View Post
    Holy paladin and blinding light.

Looking at this thread though, so many people seem to want casted CC gone and replaced with easier to use CC. I think the main problem is not necessarily the amount of CC that's been introduced though, but instead the ease of use it has. Almost all the CC added this expansion was instant.

100% agree. Instant CC needs to be low duration/long cooldown and there shouldn't be much of it. Death coil was a good example of what constituted a balanced instant CC.

Quote Originally Posted by Everyone View Post
    My class shouldn't have a CC removed because it so under-powered and already takes ungodly amounts of skill to pull of the little CC I have. I am willing however to suggest removing minor CC's from classes I don't play: like Fear from Warlocks, Polymorph from Mages and Cyclone from Druids.
    To sum up this thread for the people just entering.

As a rogue? All the CC i was given in MoP! Which is pretty much only paralytic poison, I don't think Blizzard can write off too much CC for them without ruining the class again, most CC we have now is CC we've had since vanilla, Smokebomb for example being an exception. For feral... not much left to take tbh, I'd gladly sacrifice pounce useage during incarnation for instant cyclones, even if it'd be given a CD. For monks, dunno. I think in terms of amount of abilities monks are actually very well rounded, don't see any need to take abilities away or give them new abilities (from WW PoV that is, didn't play too much BrM yet and I dread MW so far), I would change how some abilities work though (manual targetting + latency issues etc).

So I guess paralytic can go for me, I don't think I'd be able to part with blind or sap, they're way too important. The CC from subterfuge might get canned, though it's once of the better designed talents, that didn't already exist, in the MoP tree. Gouge might get scrapped, though I'd hate to see it go aswell... KS, CS and garotte are so iconic... xD It's easy to list CC that can get scrapped for other classes, rogues are easily one of the most reliant classes when it comes to CC though.

Blood horror, but I'm pretty sure Howl of Terror is going away since it's a baseline and moved from talent tree (I'm warlock)

Warrior;
    Stormbolt
    Double Time Stun

I'm too attached to Intimdating Shout to want to see it go.
    Shockwave is a staple. I feel it's fine with the revamp.

As a druid, Cyclone. Get rid of that shit already. Useless in PvE and just feels lame in PvP. The whole immunity mechanic makes absolutely no sense. Also merge Entangling Roots with Nature's Grasp, or just remove both.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

Deleted
    storm bolt

Druid: we're fine.
    Cyclone is fine despite what everyone says. For pve it's great to cc mc'd targets. And also to quickly heal yourself when you run into trouble. For pvp I also see no problems, I rather get cycloned than feared. Because at least with cyclone I know I'm safe for enemy dmg.
    All others also work as intended and should stay imo.

But if I really had to give up on something then maybe...Hibernate I guess, I use this one less than the other ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Uoyredrum View Post
    Instant CC needs to be low duration/long cooldown and there shouldn't be much of it. Death coil was a good example of what constituted a balanced instant CC.
    I think so too, Death Coil is a really good example of a well implemented instant CC. You'd think that a 3s CC with 2min CD is lame, but it still felt pretty powerful. You have to see though that DC didn't share DR with other CC (maybe Psychic Horror or so, which was/is also a nice spell) so that also contributed to its strength.

Imo, if an instant CC doesn't have a long CD it should share DR with all stuns and must be additionally penalized, for example by using combo points, breaking on damage, etc.

EDIT: I also think that Cyclone is fine, at least for Restoration and Balance. Though the range at 20yd is enough imo, it shouldn't be possible to increase that range. The limited range made the spell much more interesting to use as a Druid or to outplay it as the opponent. Further range makes it just another spammable CC, boring.
    Last edited by reckoner04; 2014-01-16 at 12:15 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    mage; i dont want to give up anything. lol.. but lets say blanket, as long as the lock out stays ^.^.

If they end up removing, let's say 1 CC or stun per spec at minimum I highly advocate looking at removing the on use trinket from the game along with WoTF and EMFH.

Most classes have an ability they can use when rooted / stunned / CC'd which also gives flavor to classes again.

PVP trinket is just another roadblock into pvp blizzard mentioned they want to curb. And it's a global ability, so there is nothing special about it anymore.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by morislayer View Post
    If they end up removing, let's say 1 CC or stun per spec at minimum I highly advocate looking at removing the on use trinket from the game along with WoTF and EMFH.

Most classes have an ability they can use when rooted / stunned / CC'd which also gives flavor to classes again.

PVP trinket is just another roadblock into pvp blizzard mentioned they want to curb. And it's a global ability, so there is nothing special about it anymore.
    I believe some classes will be affected more than others, for example my class (warlock) will probably be affected more than other classes such as monk. As Warlocks have a ton of CC.

Blizzard won't remove fear as some people have suggested as that is very drastic (fear has been around since day 1 of wow), more likely they will add a short cooldown to it.

Ps: I find it amusing people who listed annoying cc to go :P