Thread: WoD Archeology

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

WoD Archeology

What do you think will be the cultures in dreanor, for archeology? We already used orc/dreanei in outlands, do you think they will add more to those or add new ones.

I think ogre/arRakoa and maybe even some relating to the iron horde will be the route.
    Last edited by lobain357; 2014-01-13 at 03:59 AM.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ogre and.... Arrakoa.

Since we already had Draenei and Orc in Outland.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by lobain357 View Post
    What do you think will be the cultures in dreanor, for archeology? We already used orc/dreanei in outlands, do you think they will add more to those or add new ones.

I think ogre/arakoa and maybe even some relating to the iron horde will be the route.
    Archeology doesn't work that way.
    The relics we found are the same ones that are burding in the WoD outland (Draenor), we just haven't dug them up yet.
    Technically we should be finding the exact same relics that we found in outland, but since it's another dimension's Draenor we don't have to worry about the future.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2
    People who don't buy the deluxe edition should be permanently banned. I'm sick of playing with poor people.

Like mentioned about the Ogre and Arakkoa but also more relics to Draenei and Orcs and maybe Saberon.

Deleted
    1st, thanks for reminding of subbing back to level up my Arch... Forgot about that.

I'm really interested in Draenei, but the Arakkoa sound really fun to get a mount ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Atirador View Post
    1st, thanks for reminding of subbing back to level up my Arch... Forgot about that.

I'm really interested in Draenei, but the Arakkoa sound really fun to get a mount ^^
    Pandaria archaeology was such a let down

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Enan1981 View Post
    Indeed, I stopped in Cata. I was looking at the Pandarian Arch guide... And was like this is so disappointing I'm not gonna even waste time on this.

I got some good use out of the agility polearm (leveled my druid, monk, paladin, warrior and DK with it) and the ability to buy Tol'Vir fragments was nice. But it really lacked in vanity items, pets and mounts.

I hope they add more Vanity items for WoD Archaeology and not give them high cooldowns and low durations.

Just please, please help eliminate the RNG. Its so AWFUL. Make it a fun past time, not the epitome of disappointment for so many.

(As a disclaimer I have the Tol'vir mount and sword)

I'd say expanded and upgraded Orc and Draenei dig sites, and then maybe some Arakoa and Ogre dig sites.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazzorx View Post
    Just please, please help eliminate the RNG. Its so AWFUL. Make it a fun past time, not the epitome of disappointment for so many.

(As a disclaimer I have the Tol'vir mount and sword)
    We've been 10 years with RNG EVERYTHING! Come on.. Let's not say RNG is going away in anything in wow.. because you know RNG is aliens..

We've been 10 years with RNG EVERYTHING! Come on.. Let's not say RNG is going away in anything in wow.. because you know RNG is aliens..
    RNG is good, the tiny drop rates on the Tolv'ir stuff is not. Over the top RNG is not. Something that is solely designed as a side activity shouldn't have stuff with that awful RNG. The amount of RNG in Pandaria rares was a good level.

Deleted
    Since it's a secondary profession I gotta agree with you. But the end of the day Arch is a hell of a grind.. it's supposed to be I guess

Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2 View Post
    Archeology doesn't work that way.
    The relics we found are the same ones that are burding in the WoD outland (Draenor), we just haven't dug them up yet.
    Technically we should be finding the exact same relics that we found in outland, but since it's another dimension's Draenor we don't have to worry about the future.
    Not necessarily as Outland is just the shattered remnant of Draenor. I'm sure Blizzard will throw Arakkoa, Saberon and Ogre stuff our way. But yeah, I'd expect Orc stuff as well, Draenei not so much as my impression has been that every major Draenei holding that was lost is now occupied by the Iron Horde so hard to go digging around for stuff.

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Since it's a secondary profession I gotta agree with you. But the end of the day Arch is a hell of a grind.. it's supposed to be I guess
    And not all secondary professions are mandatory! The only ones that are most helpful are cooking, then fishing. First Aid is for the non-healers in tight situations. Archaeology is for anyone who likes lore, unearthing artifacts and collecting those mounts/pets.
    And it got an overhaul of sorts in MoP-if you grind out in Pandaria, and turn in items for restored artifacts, you can choose the fragments you so desire (Tol'vir!!!) without leaving one continent or flying up and down.
    Isn't it ironic how education is important, yet people forget all about it when they visit the internet?

I was completely stunned to see how Woeful Pandaria archaeology's loot table was.

Seriously, they were just a handful of BoE blue 85 items - with the sole exception of that Pandaren dummy... ugh...

Here's how I broke it down:

Pandaria Archaeology Pros:
    1) Returning items to the Lorewakers to set up a "museum" display - AWESOME!
    2) Being able to re-package items and exchange for old-world fragments.
    3) Some of those items that let you reorganize dig sites/teleport to a random one - but all depend on if you collected all the scrolls, which I haven't (I'm exploring to find them... not just reading a FAQ and clearing them up in an hour, which is the point). But right now I'm at a point where i've dug up everything and yet am just revered with lorewalkers...

Pandaria Archaeology cons:
    1) Next to NO TOYS... no pets, no mounts, no fun stuff at all. As for that Pandaren dummy... yeesh...
    2) The "flavor" stuff you got all had the same set value of 1g each. Seriously? I actually LIKED saying "YES! Another chest of glass animals and/or ring of Zoe!" as they were worth a LOT of vendor gold. I felt like a treasure hunter then! ^_^

To that end, I want/hope in WoD they'd bring back some more toys/pets/mounts to unearth, particularly now that they have the toy tab. I'm also hoping that there's going to be a "museum" you can set up in your garrison to post up items for display just as you did with the lorewalkers. They could even have that as the means of "growing" that particular building to level 3.

- - - Updated - - -

RNG is good, the tiny drop rates on the Tolv'ir stuff is not. Over the top RNG is not. Something that is solely designed as a side activity shouldn't have stuff with that awful RNG. The amount of RNG in Pandaria rares was a good level.
    A pitty the amount of Pandaria rares themselves was NOT at a good level. :P

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    I was completely stunned to see how Woeful Pandaria archaeology's loot table was.

Seriously, they were just a handful of BoE blue 85 items - with the sole exception of that Pandaren dummy... ugh...

Here's how I broke it down:

Pandaria Archaeology Pros:
    1) Returning items to the Lorewakers to set up a "museum" display - AWESOME!
    2) Being able to re-package items and exchange for old-world fragments.
    3) Some of those items that let you reorganize dig sites/teleport to a random one - but all depend on if you collected all the scrolls, which I haven't (I'm exploring to find them... not just reading a FAQ and clearing them up in an hour, which is the point). But right now I'm at a point where i've dug up everything and yet am just revered with lorewalkers...

Pandaria Archaeology cons:
    1) Next to NO TOYS... no pets, no mounts, no fun stuff at all. As for that Pandaren dummy... yeesh...
    2) The "flavor" stuff you got all had the same set value of 1g each. Seriously? I actually LIKED saying "YES! Another chest of glass animals and/or ring of Zoe!" as they were worth a LOT of vendor gold. I felt like a treasure hunter then! ^_^

To that end, I want/hope in WoD they'd bring back some more toys/pets/mounts to unearth, particularly now that they have the toy tab. I'm also hoping that there's going to be a "museum" you can set up in your garrison to post up items for display just as you did with the lorewalkers. They could even have that as the means of "growing" that particular building to level 3.
    I guess it depends on perspective.

To me, transmog weapons with lore>toys (at least until the toy box, in which case to me it'll be closer in value).

- - - Updated - - -

Would I have liked to see more toys? Of course I would, but at least the RNG is more reasonable now. (Though they really should fix the Tol'vir stuff)

I guess it depends on perspective.

To me, transmog weapons with lore>toys (at least until the toy box, in which case to me it'll be closer in value).)
    Then you should've been equally as disappointed, as the only "transmog weapons" there were was that spear (boring, IMO) and the umbrella... which I'll admit is a really cool transmog.

After that, all you get is a trinket (untransmogable) and that dummy... that's IT. Ugh...

EDIT: and yeah, they SHOULD fix that RNG on some of those tol'vir items - particularly that staff. Also, I wonder why Jin'rok for Trolls is so damn hard to find either...

It should be the same thing being that its just outland but you know alternate timeline and stuff

Draeneic archaeology will be awesome