Poll: How would you react to a Burning Legion based Patch?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    As long as they write it well, I'd welcome it.

I believe the community is rooting for an entire expansion of this... a sampler dish of Legion would be just fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    What if Velen is corrupted in this timeline?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm pretty open to everything

I'd say "Yeesh... I'm so sick of green fire..." and then continue to do content with the Arrakoa/Ogres.

Deleted
    something has to come in to stop us just fighting orcs, ogres, Arakkoa, Gronn and possibly the rare evil draenei from being all we fight this expansion.

garrosh interrupts the drinking of the demon blood, they aren't just going to walk away from it and give up on the planet.

There is no "if" about it, they've already said we will see The Legion in WoD.

I already expect it to happen and I'm excited. Having a bunch of Orcs as the enemy for the whole expansion would be boring.

I'd squeal in delight.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    So? The Legion could show up as a small strike force in WoD in patch 6.3 or 6.4, which sets the tone and leads up to the next expansion.

Similar to how the Zandalari showed up in Cataclysm only to have a bigger storyline in MoP. Except the Legion in WoD would need to have a better storyline than simply a rehash of a dungeon. And it needs heavy Gul'dan story progression.
    That's what i'm hoping, that it's a prelude to 7.0, not ramrodded in for WoD's main villain.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Deleted
    He knows what we are thinking but the Sunwell was merely a setback. Did we honestly believe that Kil'jaeden would trust the future to some malformed wretched mongrel? *laugh* Oh, no, no, no.....Kael'thas was merely an instrument, a stepping stone to a much larger plan and in this time we will not interfere, guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Atirador View Post
    Simple, if there was either a patch 6.1, 6.2 or etc.. How would you react to it?

Let's imagine something like the legion returns, with Ki'll Jaedan or something.

Would you like to see PvE based content on that matter? Like for example a few scenarios, dungeons and a new raid tier?

Also discuss in the thread IF it was to happen which villains from the Legion you would like to see.

EDIT: Sorry about the typo of "Villains" in the poll.
    returns? the legion is already THERE they never left. gul'dan and all his followers are still working for the legion.

of course theres going to be a legion patch, theres no reason to even think there wouldnt be

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    That's what i'm hoping, that it's a prelude to 7.0, not ramrodded in for WoD's main villain.
    ramrodded in?

the entire expansion is based around garrosh stopping a legion plan, theres an entire group of VERY powerful and nasty people still loyal to the legion following gul'dan.

there is no ramrodding, theyve been upfront about the legion being a major presence since the beginning.

someone doesnt just go "hey 2nd in command of the burning legion! fuck your shit!" and get away with it when they still have direct contact with the planet
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Not sure why people are so caught up on the Burning Legion. Is it because TBC was considered a strong expansion?
    IMO TBC was not good because of the demons walking around, it was the zones themselves which carried the weight.

I didn't feel fulfilled by the demon's involvement, especially considering they weren't even a main feature in most of the raids.
    If they come back, that's fine, but it won't happen in this expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by blackhammer99 View Post
    Not sure why people are so caught up on the Burning Legion. Is it because TBC was considered a strong expansion?
    IMO TBC was not good because of the demons walking around, it was the zones themselves which carried the weight.

I didn't feel fulfilled by the demon's involvement, especially considering they weren't even a main feature in most of the raids.
    If they come back, that's fine, but it won't happen in this expansion.
    the burning crusade was a horrible expansion.

the burning legion needs to come back because they are awesome it has nothing to do with tbc
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

Quote Originally Posted by Vorune View Post
    It's unlikely to be in 6.0 onwards. i think it'll happen in 7.0 though, the whole orc storyline with gul'dan on the phone with kil'jaeden just screams legion expansion in the works for me.

That said, i'd be stoked when/if it does happen. I love the legion artstyle and theme.
    I agree with this 100%. I think there's absolutely no way that they're going to use the Burning Legion as a throw away, one or two patch worth story line, it's going to be an entire expansion. Likewise, we're in Outland, where the Burning Legion story originated. If the next expansion is anything but the Burning Legion, I'd be amazed. I highly doubt that Blizzard has that amount of creativity though. They've been horribly see through with their story telling lately. Not much interest to be had when you can see the story before it's even been written.

Quote Originally Posted by Thetruth1400 View Post
    Likewise, we're in Outland, where the Burning Legion story originated..
    not true at all

10+ Year Old Account
    Would be amazing.

Brings back the World and War in World of Warcraft. MoP has bad storywriting, messed up lore, and fluffy Pandaren peasants that want you to help them out on their farm all day long.

Aside from The Burning Legion, I will welcome anything with open arms... but another MoP themed expansion and I will hang myself, lol.
    "The sword is mightier than the pen, and considerably easier to kill with."

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    returns? the legion is already THERE they never left. gul'dan and all his followers are still working for the legion.

of course theres going to be a legion patch, theres no reason to even think there wouldnt be

- - - Updated - - -

ramrodded in?

the entire expansion is based around garrosh stopping a legion plan, theres an entire group of VERY powerful and nasty people still loyal to the legion following gul'dan.

there is no ramrodding, theyve been upfront about the legion being a major presence since the beginning.

someone doesnt just go "hey 2nd in command of the burning legion! fuck your shit!" and get away with it when they still have direct contact with the planet
    No, the expansion is about the Iron Horde being built up and seeking to invade Azeroth. That's like saying "There are demons in Outland, so Kil'jaedan was the real villain all along." He wasn't, he was a filler boss because Blizz overestimated the time it would take to finish Wrath.

I wanted this to be THE Legion expansion, but it just isn't. This isn't THE Legion expansion, this is a filler before THE Legion expansion. And I wish people would stop saying "They'll pull back the curtain, and it was <Kil'jaedan/Sargeras> all along" just because they wanted WoD to be THE Legion expansion.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    No, the expansion is about the Iron Horde being built up and seeking to invade Azeroth. That's like saying "There are demons in Outland, so Kil'jaedan was the real villain all along." He wasn't, he was a filler boss because Blizz overestimated the time it would take to finish Wrath.

I wanted this to be THE Legion expansion, but it just isn't. This isn't THE Legion expansion, this is a filler before THE Legion expansion.
    and where does the iron horde come from? huh? think about it.

the entire premise is that garrosh basically tells the burning legion to go away.

the burning legion doesnt just go away

if garrosh had killed gul'dan and all the demons and cut off their contact and none of the orcs drank the demon blood then sure you could say its just about the iron horde but when from the begining blizzard says theres an entire faction of people still loyal to the legion who play a major part in the expansion?

thats just idiotic levels of denial
    Last edited by Immitis; 2014-01-13 at 05:49 PM.

dont worry guys WoD is really the dark below!!