Auctioneer - Dependancy Disabled

Am I the only one with this problem? I'm just a little bit frustrated because no matter what I do Auctioneer is not working whatsoever.
    Even though there aren't even many routes to go when trying to fix an addon. Auctioneer just flat-out does not work. I just wanted to
    know if I was the only one or not. I guess I should send some messages to the creator on Curse.com? This has been an issue for quite
    a few days.

Please don't post saying your addon is giving you no problems just to get a higher post count. I'm looking for answers here.
    Last edited by Seukos; 2014-01-13 at 08:08 AM.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Seems to be working fine for me.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    How could anyone help you without knowing what your problem is specifically?

Auctioneer is working fine for me and has worked fine throughout 5.x with the usual exception of an occasional fast scan freeze.

What symptoms of malfunction are you seeing?

I am using the Auctioneer bundle from Curse and updating it with the Curse client. I used to maintain it manually but when I started using TSM also, that became impractical.

I had a problem and it was either stubby or swatter needed to be active

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wezmon View Post
    I had a problem and it was either stubby or swatter needed to be active
    Yes, but those are normally part of the bundle. Perhaps OP disabled them without noticing/realizing that Auctioneer was also disabled as a result.

Quote Originally Posted by Normie View Post
    Yes, but those are normally part of the bundle. Perhaps OP disabled them without noticing/realizing that Auctioneer was also disabled as a result.
    I bet this is what's wrong.

Dependency Disabled means that another addon which is a necessary requirement has been disabled.
    Stubby is the only required dependency for the core of Auctioneer.
    Swatter is optional.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Dependency Disabled means that another addon which is a necessary requirement has been disabled.
    Stubby is the only required dependency for the core of Auctioneer.
    Swatter is optional.
    This for emphasis.

I had a similar problem when upgrading to weakauras 2, I managed to fix it by deleting the addon and re-downloading it (your setting should be unaffected, as they're stored in your WTF folder). The core package had become corrupt or wasn't installed completely, and the dependancies were showing as 'dependancy disabled' with the core addon not appearing in WoW's addon list.

I can't remember if Auctioneer is a Wow-interface only thing or not, but if you're using curse client to manage addons, if it says 'Modified' in the addon list, do a force-update to get it back in sync.

Quote Originally Posted by blackblade View Post
    This for emphasis.

I had a similar problem when upgrading to weakauras 2, I managed to fix it by deleting the addon and re-downloading it (your setting should be unaffected, as they're stored in your WTF folder). The core package had become corrupt or wasn't installed completely, and the dependancies were showing as 'dependancy disabled' with the core addon not appearing in WoW's addon list.

I can't remember if Auctioneer is a Wow-interface only thing or not, but if you're using curse client to manage addons, if it says 'Modified' in the addon list, do a force-update to get it back in sync.
    Perfect!!!!