Thread: druid almost 90

druid almost 90

Well, my druid is nearing 88, so if I ever get a day off and don't have homework will be 90 soon.

I'm looking forward to putting on all of my timeless gear and starting to attempt to gear up a bit and see what it's like to be a balance druid at max level again. Even though I haven't really ever been able to do that much damage despite following the rotation.

Anyway, the point of this thread is to just quickly point out as hopefully somebody before me has...

Druid tier 16 is possibly the ugliest most thoughtless tier in existence.

It's like they took some old wrath of the lich king questing/npc gear and plugged some neon feathers into it. I mean, really? Yeeeesh. Here's to hoping I can get better at healing and attempt to get challenge mode gear or something.

Anyway, hope others share my opinion. I was looking at it earlier in Shrine and thinking... THIS... is the final tier of their expansion? Really none of the tier this expansion has really caught my eye though. A lot of people seem to love that whole simplistic leather is scraps of brown texture-less chunks with no details design. So maybe I'm in the minority.

G'night ya'll.

10+ Year Old Account
    You want to play moonkin, and complain about gear looks?

The only piece of gear you see, is your weapon...
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    You want to play moonkin -Edit or feral or guadian edit -and complain about gear looks?

isent resto the only spec showing gear?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cptaylor38 View Post
    see what it's like to be a balance druid at max level again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unproven View Post
    isent resto the only spec showing gear?
    1: He specifically state balance..
    2: Resto have a glyph for PermaTree
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

Deleted

Not if you use the glyph that "cancels" moonkin form and gives you a transparent starry look instead...

That said I haven't been to fond of the last to sets of druid tier... challenge mode set is lovely, but hard to get I think (must say I haven't really given it a go)

So maybe you will have to run some old raids/dungeons for transmog and/or take a look at look at the druid transmog thread on the druid forum to get some inspiration - http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...Druid-Transmog

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Not if he uses the Glyph, which I see most Boomkin use.

I have 2 druids at 90 at the moment, And I have hated most Druid tier there has been, I hate how stupid they make it look, Best tier is IMO the Gladiator T1 and the PvE color version.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gobra View Post
    Not if he uses the Glyph, which I see most Boomkin use.
    I have, to date, seen ONE player use that glyph...

10+ Year Old Account
    There may be some addons out there that will help you maximize DPS; rotation helpers, spellflash, DoTimers and whatnot. I am unfamiliar with Balance Druids (or DPS for that matter), but I know rotation helpers exist for some classes/specs. Of course, a lot of people object to rotation helpers but no one has to know you have it. Even still, I have seen some very talanted players using rotation helpers. I know a BrM Monk who uses one called CLC, and as a "Proven Defender," 9/9 Challenge Mode (with a respectful rank), and 10/14 Heroic, he's probably better than most people who'd be apt to respond to this claiming such addons are for "scrubs" or whatever. The key is use rotations helpers as a GUIDE not as scripture. I have learned in WoW how one sets up an interface can, at times, have just as much of a positive impact on playing as properly tweaking the actual toon.

Here's to hoping you see 90 soon, that you enjoy your Druid, top meters, and have great loot rolls.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzo View Post
    Honestly, I find it highly disappointing druids can't even see their gear while transformed.

Hey guys, we added challenge mode gear for your druid, but we're not going to let you enjoy the visual appeal as a Bear or Cat.
    I am really trying to imagine a full set of tier on a bear. Not that I don't agree with you, it's just a funny thought imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have, to date, seen ONE player use that glyph...
    Or have you only noticed one player with it? i doubt you've only ever been near 1person with it, Unless ofcourse you play between the hours of 4-6AM and hang around in descolace:P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gobra View Post
    Or have you only noticed one player with it? i doubt you've only ever been near 1person with it, Unless ofcourse you play between the hours of 4-6AM and hang around in descolace:P
    I play on the biggest horde PvE server.. I noticed the ugly stars.. I clicked him, and saw he had the moonkin-buff, but was still a troll (with said ugly stars).. Inspected him, and saw the glyph...

That was ~12 months ago.. Never seen it since, but I have seen the same player in moonkin-form since...

10+ Year Old Account
    Not that you will ever seen any of your gear except in caster form... they have this new thing called transmogrification. It makes all of the ugly ass MoP gear look better.

10+ Year Old Account
    I play on the biggest horde PvE server.. I noticed the ugly stars.. I clicked him, and saw he had the moonkin-buff, but was still a troll (with said ugly stars).. Inspected him, and saw the glyph...

That was ~12 months ago.. Never seen it since, but I have seen the same player in moonkin-form since...
    So yes, you've only noticed one person then :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MW4Life View Post
    I am really trying to imagine a full set of tier on a bear. Not that I don't agree with you, it's just a funny thought imo.
    Well I laugh my ass off everytime I see a geared cow. Why not a geared bear?

@ OP
    Quote Originally Posted by cptaylor38
    Even though I haven't really ever been able to do that much damage despite following the rotation
    Don't expect any DPS before ilvl 520. You are also leveling the most difficult caster class. Be patient.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Talisman View Post
    Well I laugh my ass off everytime I see a geared cow. Why not a geared bear?

Kinda like the gear you wear when you trigger the Incarnation? Would love to have that gear full time in bear mode.