15+ Year Old Account

Jedi Knight/Sith Warrior advanced class for PvP?

Hey everyone, an old Sith coming home here.

I've been playing up until I think 1.2 and then quit for more than a year due to RL issues. But now I'm back. Having never played a Sith Warrior before I've found a great pleasure in playing the class. I am, however, puzzled when it comes to choosing the advanced class.

I'm a PvP (pretty much PvP only) guy. I only enjoy damage dealing roles andI love playing a class which has a lot of control and CC abilities. What I hate is getting kited with no way of getting to the target though.

Which one would you recommend for PvP guys, Marauder or Juggernaut and why?

Thank you.
    Natural Selection: Each time you say "Worgens" as a plural form of the word "Worgen", you have a 2/4/6% chance to be eaten by a grammar nazi.
    Tier 2 talent of the Grammar-specced "Player" class.

I can't talk about level 55 because I am not a sub/don't have the expansion, but I believe the general feeling is that Maras/Sents are one of the top Advance Classes for pvp and much better than Jugs/Guardians. A lot of burst, good Cds, good mobility, the whole package. Their only problem apparently is that they can't "heal to full", but no Jedi Knight/Sith Warrior AC has heals so that's irrelevant in your case.

That's just my POV anyway, ideally a more knowledgeable player with access to lvl55 that actually plays regularly these ACs can give more specific info.

All the best

15+ Year Old Account
    Thank you very much Pourekos, much obliged. I'm leaning towards a Mara, still thinking though, and thank you once again for your input.
    Natural Selection: Each time you say "Worgens" as a plural form of the word "Worgen", you have a 2/4/6% chance to be eaten by a grammar nazi.
    Tier 2 talent of the Grammar-specced "Player" class.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you like CC then you will be disappointed with the Marauder. Their only means of CC are a channeled stun (deals small amount of damage) or an AoE Mez.

Juggernaut is similarly limited, but they do at least have a Push ability that is a single target knockback with a strong magnitude. If you spec into the Defensive tree, Juggernauts also gain the ability for their channeled stun to no longer require channeling. As an anti-CC, their single target DPS tree provides a brief immunity to roots and snares following a leap.

First off:
    Warning! Leveling in PvP with Knights/Warriors is rough. Why? Most classes get their stun/cc/knockback by level 16. Knights/Warriors get theirs much much later like... mid 30's to 40's.

Secondly:
    Sith Warrior slightly > Jedi Knight regardless of advance class. I say this because Blade Storm has a slightly longer start-up animation than Force Scream (this causes me to have a bug where sometimes I'll be spamming the move and it will cancel the Blade Storm in start up animation to try and Blade Storm again... it happens with Force Scream sometimes too, but less so from my experience).

Third:
    End Game Marauders/Sentinels are much better than Juggernauts/Guardians.

I believe they are the only class in the game to bring Healing Debuff. Overall though, their tools simply make them the best at training and killing healers. They're also great at killing tanks with their ability to break armor (though a few other classes can do so as well).

The main drawback is that Sentinels and Marauders have bad CC.

Forth:
    Guardian/Juggernaut is much easier to level with.
    1) I know you're going to mainly PvP, but the daily dungeon is like 1/4th of a level and it's much much faster queues if you can tank. It's also the easiest way to make sure you're well geared for PvP.
    2) Sentinels/Marauders really rely on some later tier talents.
    3) If you know how the system works in PvP, beyond simply winning, it's pretty important to get 8 medals per round. This is much easier to achieve with Guardians/Juggernauts because of their ability to obtain Guard medals.

Overall I still recommend a Marauder, just know the road to 55 is harder than most. I know a lot of people enjoy playing Smash Jugg/Guardian, but I feel like that's really just a 1 trick pony with nice burst, but no real threat of killing good players.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Windry View Post
    I believe they are the only class in the game to bring Healing Debuff.
    Snipers/Ginslingers also have a healing debuff. Its combo'd with their Armor-Reducing shot (Shatter Shot for Snipers).