Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    Given he went to riot I think he secretly loves abuse from players, so let it continue!
    I agree. Or he's got the thickest skin of any developer in the industry.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mongoose19 View Post
    He was bad lead designer. Same thing with Obama, bad president but people like him because he is so "casual" and "outgoing".
    Damn dude, I'm going to hire you as a lead developer for my cloud company. You'll make us millions off your opinions and billions off your educated facts.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Please explain why. Please outline every decision that 100% his, and his alone, and what the reaction was. Right, you can't.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blade Wolf View Post
    You cannot reason with people who have mindless/no logic based conviction, they believe he's the cause of all that's wrong therefore it's true.
    I don't think you understand his role, in his own words:

"Systems design specifically is everything that is not level, story, quest or encounter design. My team handles everything from classes to mechanics to items to trade skills to achievements to UI design, and that includes the game balance."

And he was the leader of that team. Which means he is still the one calling the shots, he was the one dictating the direction and the approach of changes. He may of not been designing and implementing every change, but was certainly overseeing it. And with that management role goes a degree of responsibility and ownership.

You need to understand how management works, now I have never seen GC shun ownership of design changes, because he is a good leader regardless of if it was the best or correct decision. By absolving him of responsibility you are doing him a disservice.

Resilience was one of the worst PVP changes ever made. It was also one of my first design changes I hated.

They should remove that crap and fix their game now.

The people whop hate Ghostcrawler are the people incapable of dealing with change in their environment and got angry at the first name that tried to speak to them and spent years banging the wardrums because they got butthurt and wanted to pass the butthurt along.

Quote Originally Posted by Peso View Post
    Resilience was one of the worst PVP changes ever made. It was also one of my first design changes I hated.

In what way is that relevant? Resilience was actually a pretty good change because it allowed Blizzard to give a reason for PvP gear rather than just allowing PvE allstars to dominate based off gear and all around ilevel. Anyone who played in Season 1 remembers how fun it was to go against a fully geared PvE warrior...oh...wait...it wasn't.

Opinions aren't fact - Resilience if done correctly is actually a good feature (if done incorrectly such as it is now...it isn't) which is why they are looking at changing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    Maybe the new lead will know enough math to know that 1=1/2=2 and get rid of the stupid tie rule in WSG/TP!
    I just wanted to point out that 1 does not equal 1/2, which certainly does not equal 2.

Muahahaha
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Quote Originally Posted by Zergal View Post
    Clueless angry teenagers with no idea how the real world works in big companies need a scapegoat.
    Wasn't aware that the label "teenager" now stretches into ones old age. As someone who worked tech support and retail, old people love to scapegoat a single person for decisions they might not even be involved in.

It's never really be a sign of one's age in how they handle "they."
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by leaks View Post
    This thread doesn't make any sense.
    Most don't these days on any given fansite.

@the OP: I'd rather a tie than a loss. Esp while farming for my sets on my alts.

Quote Originally Posted by Novx View Post
    In what way is that relevant? Resilience was actually a pretty good change because it allowed Blizzard to give a reason for PvP gear rather than just allowing PvE allstars to dominate based off gear and all around ilevel. Anyone who played in Season 1 remembers how fun it was to go against a fully geared PvE warrior...oh...wait...it wasn't.

Opinions aren't fact - Resilience if done correctly is actually a good feature (if done incorrectly such as it is now...it isn't) which is why they are looking at changing it.
    Making fights artificially last longer takes the fun out of PVP. Especially with the retarded health pools we have now.

Making fights artificially last longer takes the fun out of PVP. Especially with the retarded health pools we have now.
    Hmm, wasn't resilience part of patch 2.01 released in December 2006 and didn't Ghostcrawler join Blizzard in February 2008? Unless he has the power to time travel you are blaming the wrong person.

Deleted

It was introduced for a reason. Before that it was raid or die in PvP so it forced a lot of PvPers to raid even if they hated it and back then it was very hard to get into a raiding guild. Those who devote themselves to PvP should have better gear for PvP than PvE players who only do PvE. It's only logical.

If they remove resil they have to introduce something else instead to make PvP gear better for PvP. Imgaine the cries if PvE players were forced to do a lot of PvP in order to PvE.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jamyz View Post
    What I don't get is why no one is crapheaping on Kalgan? He is afterall the Game Director and "boss" for all team leads - he is the dude calling the shots as far as they are called by one guy at Blizzard (from what I've read it's fairly collaborative process over there).

But no, the guy who actually wants to involve and talk to the community (and walked the extra mile to do it) gets to be the root of all evil - I guess it's easier to hate the public figure..
    Make no mistake about it. Kalgan got every bit as much flak that GC got before Kalgan was moved to the Titan project and was gradually forgotten after that. Kalgan was intensly diliked by a lot of people for his blatant support of overpowered warriors in arena back then. He never made a secret of the fact that he was playing one himself and made quite crude and arrogant posts about it too.
    Last edited by mmoc6cf872d270; 2014-01-14 at 09:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    Hmm, wasn't resilience part of patch 2.01 released in December 2006 and didn't Ghostcrawler join Blizzard in February 2008? Unless he has the power to time travel you are blaming the wrong person.
    I didn't mention GC and I am not blaming anyone except stating my opinion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Infinitus View Post
    It was introduced for a reason. Before that it was raid or die in PvP so it forced a lot of PvPers to raid even if they hated it and back then it was very hard to get into a raiding guild. Those who devote themselves to PvP should have better gear for PvP than PvE players who only do PvE. It's only logical.

If they remove resil they have to introduce something else instead to make PvP gear better for PvP. Imgaine the cries if PvE players were forced to do a lot of PvP in order to PvE..
    Solution: remove welfare PVP gear. Play the game and then PVP with your earned gear.

Oh! Okay. But that does seem a bit unrelated to the thread which is about reversing the decisions that Ghostcrawler made.

Deleted

- - - Updated - - -

Solution: remove welfare PVP gear. Play the game and then PVP with your earned gear.
    Agree, the way it was in TBC.

- - - Updated - - -

lol do you really think that would make the game better? there was a diffrent in pvp/pve gear. but never was it that big.
    and no i don't want to slay dragons and garrosh to get gear. if i want to pvp i want to gear up for pvp and somewhat casual pve. if i want to pve i want pve gear. that is somewhat good for pvp.. diffrent sets is great. and with what they are planned it looks great. now hope it works out great.

Guaranteed, that at least for the next ~6 months, the directions that are taken by the World of Warcraft Team are still working on whatever Ghostcrawler was working on.

sorry but i remember having gear earned while pvping. are you sure we talk about WoW and not some other mmo?

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicGuitars View Post
    You're deluding yourself. WoW's development and balance teams remain exactly the same. Ghostcrawler was but a single member of that team. If you think his departure will change anything, you're just fooling yourself.
    He was yeah, but we can expect changes, however nothing huge.. just like GC said himself.

Quote Originally Posted by VoodooGaming View Post
    Guaranteed, that at least for the next ~6 months, the directions that are taken by the World of Warcraft Team are still working on whatever Ghostcrawler was working on.
    if it's guaranteed where's your source.

- - - Updated - - -

Vanilla was good. PVE gear can be used to PVP. PVP gear can be used to PVE. Everyone's happy. Now people see PVP gear and kick you from PVE groups or vice versa.

Why do I have to get 2 sets so I can enjoy the game. Give me one for my time spent doing what I like and let me use it in both aspects of the game.
    Last edited by Peso; 2014-01-14 at 10:25 PM.