Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Huh. Interesting change in companies there, GC.

You know, ive gotta say, i never really payed attention to Ghostcrawler before, but after reading this, as an LoL player, im terrified.

"Even chess has a form of RNG"
    Great, works at blizzard for years, still doesnt know what RNG means.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kreebs View Post
    Seems he got fired from Blizzard. Because this is going a step down the ladder.
    You know, aside from the fact that Riot is currently the best company to work at in the entire world, recently dethroning google.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    GC is a double agent trying to sabotage LoL from within so Blizzard Heroes Of The Storm can try to take its place as the most popular MOBA game. Clever Blizzard....
    did you ever read about HotS? It has nothing in common with LoL/Dota, it's more Questbased etc.

I don't know why there is so much hate for GC.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bajumajuice View Post
    You know, ive gotta say, i never really payed attention to Ghostcrawler before, but after reading this, as an LoL player, im terrified.

"Even chess has a form of RNG"
    Great, works at blizzard for years, still doesnt know what RNG means.

- - - Updated - - -

You know, aside from the fact that Riot is currently the best company to work at in the entire world, recently dethroning google.
    For the chess i guess he means, for ordinary players , hmm well even up to grandmasters, no one can think xx moves ahead , so there is a random generation of chain_of_moves from a point and upwards inside our minds while playing Chess.

I don't know if Riot is the best company to work at in the entire world, because best means a lot and different things to anyone. I would prefer to think that Riot is making up something new and they wanted GC's expertise badly.

Riot seems to have about 1000 employees(2013 est) while blizzard 4700 (2012 est)

read this about 2012, is the tencent chinese company that acquired big portion of riot games
    http://www.tencent.com/en-us/content...nts/201202.pdf

Code:
    Other (losses)/gains, net. We recorded other losses, net of RMB284 million for the year ended 31 December 2012, compared
    to other gains, net of RMB421 million for the year ended 31 December 2011. The change primarily reflected the absence
    of deemed disposal gains of RMB708 million recognised in the previous year as a result of the Riot Games Acquisition and
    the Gamegoo Acquisition, and an increase in impairment provision against selected investee companies
    So a big portion of riot games capital is something less than 708million RMB which means something less than 85million euro/ 70something million USA.
    Even if we assume thats just say 30% of the total capital, Riot games is about 210million USD, where Blizzard is
    Code:
    --Activision Blizzard, Inc. (Nasdaq: ATVI) (the “Company”), a global leader in interactive entertainment, announced today that it reached an agreement under which it will acquire from Vivendi (Euronext Paris: VIV) approximately 429 million Company shares and certain tax attributes, in exchange for approximately $5.83 billion in cash, or $13.60 per share acquired before taking into account the future benefit from these tax attributes. In a simultaneous transaction, ASAC II LP, an investment vehicle led by Activision Blizzard CEO Bobby Kotick and Co-Chairman Brian Kelly, to which they have personally committed $100 million combined, separately will purchase approximately 172 million Company shares from Vivendi for approximately $2.34 billion in cash, or $13.60 per share.
    if these data doesn't reflect the reality of which company is bigger please give me some links i am very curious, kid woke up just now, i had no time to search more.

Quote Originally Posted by voskopoula View Post
    For the chess i guess he means, for ordinary players , hmm well even up to grandmasters, no one can think xx moves ahead , so there is a random generation of chain_of_moves from a point and upwards inside our minds while playing Chess.

I don't know if Riot is the best company to work at in the entire world, because best means a lot and different things to anyone. I would prefer to think that Riot is making up something new and they wanted GC's expertise badly.

Riot seems to have about 1000 employees(2013 est) while blizzard 4700 (2012 est)

read this about 2012, is the tencent chinese company that acquired big portion of riot games
    http://www.tencent.com/en-us/content...nts/201202.pdf

Code:
    Other (losses)/gains, net. We recorded other losses, net of RMB284 million for the year ended 31 December 2012, compared
    to other gains, net of RMB421 million for the year ended 31 December 2011. The change primarily reflected the absence
    of deemed disposal gains of RMB708 million recognised in the previous year as a result of the Riot Games Acquisition and
    the Gamegoo Acquisition, and an increase in impairment provision against selected investee companies
    So a big portion of riot games capital is something less than 708million RMB which means something less than 85million euro/ 70something million USA.
    Even if we assume thats just say 30% of the total capital, Riot games is about 210million USD, where Blizzard is
    Code:
    --Activision Blizzard, Inc. (Nasdaq: ATVI) (the “Company”), a global leader in interactive entertainment, announced today that it reached an agreement under which it will acquire from Vivendi (Euronext Paris: VIV) approximately 429 million Company shares and certain tax attributes, in exchange for approximately $5.83 billion in cash, or $13.60 per share acquired before taking into account the future benefit from these tax attributes. In a simultaneous transaction, ASAC II LP, an investment vehicle led by Activision Blizzard CEO Bobby Kotick and Co-Chairman Brian Kelly, to which they have personally committed $100 million combined, separately will purchase approximately 172 million Company shares from Vivendi for approximately $2.34 billion in cash, or $13.60 per share.
    if these data doesn't reflect the reality of which company is bigger please give me some links i am very curious, kid woke up just now, i had no time to search more.
    Bigger in no way implies better. Riot has a far superior employee satisfaction rating, and is therefore, as i said, the best company to work at.

Also, not knowing what someone will do != RNG. That's a completely different concept.

10+ Year Old Account
    Really! Well too bad for him! Heroes of the Storm will destroy LoL!

Quote Originally Posted by Aerialslayer View Post
    Really! Well too bad for him! Heroes of the Storm will destroy LoL!
    That's exactly why he went to Riot I think. They threw tons of money at him so that he would come and work on LoL before HotS came out. Obviously looking at HotS right now it absolutely destroys LoL from a "take my money now" factor.