Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Gongratz to Riot.

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiorda View Post
    Why does Wrath get looked back on with such positivity? Are folks blinded by nostalgia? Anyone that played in Wrath knows most hated it but now everyone looks back at it like the good ole' days. Maybe people didn't know what they had back then. /shrug
    You see you are forcing your own opinion on others. Wotlk was the best expansion for me, when I had an amazing guild, most of my friends were still playing this game. Yes it were the good ol days much better than TBC. The only time I had more fun was in vanilla when I started but the fun faded as I didnt raid and there was nothing for me to do. In tbc it was the same case Karazhan gruul and thats it go back to battlegrounds farming epix.

On topic I'm glad ghostcrawler came to riot as I play league of legends hopefully the game will be more balanced because at the moment champions like Kassadin/Riven and Nasus rape everyone in low elo.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Azylo View Post
    Gonegratz to Riot.
    hahaha you, my good sir, made my day

Oh please, can someone hit Ghostcrawler with a Truck so he can leave gaming alone? Why isn't he doing what other people of his character do? He could go into politics for example. Nobody expects most of them to have a clue of their job, but they usually talk a lot of bullshit quite fluently. Though reflecting of his overall behavior warlord in central-africa or something equally fitting for a sociopath like him would be enough.
    Last edited by SoundOfGuns; 2014-01-15 at 11:49 AM.

Deleted
    Greg Street is a very experienced game designer, but most importantly, he has experience in leadership. Having grown to a huge size in a very small amount of time, Riot probably has strong needs for leadership in all areas of the business. It is something that most players don't consider (and why should they?) but finding great leaders in the relatively young industry that is online games is tough, and top men are fought over tooth and nail.

Riot is so successful with League of Legends that they are bound to explore new games and new genres, but I don't think this is why Mr Street was hired per se. I think it's like Morello said: there are a lot of designers now at Riot, and not enough people to lead them in a common direction, and this is why he was offered a job (and probably a great package).

If you would allow the analogy, if raid size would go from 25 to 250 players, we would probably need more than one raid-leader.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by autobahn1212 View Post
    R.I.P Ghostcrawler career. Everyone in the industry knows Riot and Pendragon are low life scum when it comes to games.
    I care very little about what Ghostcrawler does, and even less about WoW and LoL. I just wanted to point out that saying a man who is now going to have experience leading the 2 most popular games in the world is probably going to be fine.

Edit: The amount of people that think this one person has some sort of ultimate, unmatched control over an entire team of developers is astounding.

GC is a double agent trying to sabotage LoL from within so Blizzard Heroes Of The Storm can try to take its place as the most popular MOBA game. Clever Blizzard....

I suggest everyone who played , quited , been playing lol to enjoy last days of the game before greg starts to operate. This is your last chance.

as LoL player .. iam scared ..

15+ Year Old Account
    Noooo Greg tot LOL?

Well if he manage to balance champ its oke.

But probably this will mean LOL its downfall.

Deleted
    Well he was right there, that is quite an opportunity. Who is to say Riot aren't planning something new and asked him to head the project?

Deleted
    Seems he got fired from Blizzard. Because this is going a step down the ladder.

Quote Originally Posted by kreebs View Post
    Blizzard as a company is bigger than Riot Games, but League of Legends is bigger than all Blizzard games combined. Every blizzard game is losing players and popularity by the second while LoL gets bigger, if you ask me Riot games has a brighter future.
    Last edited by Ulfric Trumpcloak; 2014-01-15 at 09:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kreebs View Post
    GC haters, every day, make themselve look more and more childish. And ignorant.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

Ah... So Blizzard sent him with on a mission... a mission to ruin LOL so peaople would go back to WOW - makes sense.

"a game where people are incredibly invested in their character and any nerf is an extremely personal offense."
    sums up 90% of the posts

Quote Originally Posted by Naztrak View Post
    So a dude that has 0 understanding how an asymmetrical pvp scenario works is now working for a company that does just that. Indeed, LoL.
    I'm totally sure that you know best where Ghostcrawler is good at and where he is not.
    Please go on and enlight us with your infinite knowledge.

Inc sweeping nerfs to Kayle for no real reason. To the ground, baby!

Now that youve moved on from Blizz, what truly was the design intent for Ret in pvp?
    I don't think it was a mystery. They have a lot of utility and some ability to heal in a pinch but at the cost of mobility.
    Yeah, they just have no clue, do they?

He's just a blizzard plant. They sent him to ruin LoL so that when heroes of who gives a s#!t releases people tired of broken & unbalanced LoL will switch games...haha

I always felt like GC had a slightly sympathetic streak for people like me, who enjoyed the game and raiding in Wrath, and then lost our previous joy because we couldn't keep up with all the number crunching. I am an "interesting choice over sheer power" person, but that's not the direction the player hive mind has gone in. So I'm just another "lost" player.