Thinking of making a Prot Warrior twink for the 24 bracket

Good idea or bad?

I've been accumulation the non-tanking heirlooms, I figured I would need the damage more. Though I plan on buying the JP shied. Was this a mistake? My main question though, would Arms be more fun?

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by noo View Post
    Good idea or bad?

I've been accumulation the non-tanking heirlooms, I figured I would need the damage more. Though I plan on buying the JP shied. Was this a mistake? My main question though, would Arms be more fun?
    Casters pwn on low lv, good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    Casters pwn on low lv, good luck!
    By casters he means Disc Priests until about L82 when their scaling stops being retarded. Any other healer too actually, but Discs because of the shield that absorbs more than their own HP, and heal to full in one heal, whilst still doing a lot of damage.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Treelife View Post
    By casters he means Disc Priests until about L82 when their scaling stops being retarded. Any other healer too actually, but Discs because of the shield that absorbs more than their own HP, and heal to full in one heal, whilst still doing a lot of damage.
    pretty much.

A prot warrior may not work out in the bracket as there are better tanks, Druids/Paladins/monks and much higher dps'ers Rogue/Feral/Priests/Hunters/Monks, also as a prot warrior you will very rarely if at all find yourself in a position where you can take down a healer, and taking down a dps is going to be a bitch because most have healers or will kill you before you kill them. but if you really want to make one i hope it works out well

Enjoy being soloed by every hunter / disc priest in whites (which makes up like 99% of the people playing in them brackets).

Penance hitting for 1/2 of your HP per hit (Penance hits three times).

/outplayed

To be honest though, if you deliberately want to play in that mongo bracket you probably deserve it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Anzen View Post
    Enjoy being soloed by every hunter / disc priest in whites (which makes up like 99% of the people playing in them brackets).
    I've leveled both Disc Priest and Hunter recently. Disc Priest was less obscene than I thought they were, they could still die fairly easy to Rogues, but Hunters were every bit as overpowered as I imagined them to be. I one shotted people with Aimed Shot and if they didn't die then a single Chimera Shot would pretty much finish the job.

Quote Originally Posted by Ripley6174 View Post
    I've leveled both Disc Priest and Hunter recently. Disc Priest was less obscene than I thought they were, they could still die fairly easy to Rogues, but Hunters were every bit as overpowered as I imagined them to be. I one shotted people with Aimed Shot and if they didn't die then a single Chimera Shot would pretty much finish the job.
    I have a rather vague/nightmare-ish recollection of levelling on various characters over the past and from what I remember Hunters at extremely low level are literally un-counterable by every class and at some point slightly higher level disc priests start becoming ridiculous (dealing more damage than damage dealers, every spell was a glorified Lay on Hands, being able to solo entire bases if in looms).

10+ Year Old Account
    Idk what game you guys are playing but my Prot war lv 24 was killing anything but a disc priest.
    Hunters without stam enchants would die in 1 shield slam + a heroic strike.

I ran him with Full Tank Heirlooms with the Heirloom pvp Trinkets + the Tanking one Hander with crusader on it. Rest had Stam and Tanking Enchants
    Only other enchant I used was +hit on Cloak ( so I never missed )
    I also used the Dodge to Shield Enchant ( was running with like 22% dodge ) made me very hard to hit

With this setup I could live long enough to solo 2-4 people before going down ( without a healer )

Just pay attention to Casters Casts ( Using your double charge to switch targets often and stop their casts )

Deleted
    Prot wars faceroll most classes in lvl 24 PVP except Discos.