Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Awesome - thanks so much!

Deleted
    Belive it or not, I have a great chance to beat Hunters on my Elemental Shaman. It's a long fight and i need to heal myself a lot, i mean realy a lot, but usualy i win or it is very close ... A good BM ones can make me the most troubles ... I can also kill them on my Disc priest and Holy Paladin after 5 + minutes fight, if we can add healers in that list:P

10+ Year Old Account
    Warlocks of all specs dominate Hunters pretty badly.

So do high burst hybrids (Elemental/Feral/Balance). Ret and Enhance can beat them if they get lucky crits on their healing, but outside of that typically not (although a well-timed wings can kill a Hunter between 2 hammers). Shadow Priests were problematic at one point, but both their healing and damage has been lowered enough that a good Hunter can burst through it...just don't get caught in that fear bomb.

Unholy Death Knights can train them pretty badly also (Chillblains is rough on them).
    I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes
    Or should I?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sifu View Post
    Belive it or not, I have a great chance to beat Hunters on my Elemental Shaman. It's a long fight and i need to heal myself a lot, i mean realy a lot, but usualy i win or it is very close ... A good BM ones can make me the most troubles ... I can also kill them on my Disc priest and Holy Paladin after 5 + minutes fight, if we can add healers in that list:P
    Not going to call you a liar or anything but the fact you have to heal yourself alot just says OOM to me as a ele shammy not to mention Healing Surge probably heals you fore more or less than same as 1 of the many free arcane instant shot spam a hunter has at their disposal during the fight. i.e your HS cast can't keep up with the incomming damage.

I agree a Ele shammy when pops everything can get a hunter mildy worried and forces them to pop detterence however with all the stuns, silence and insane damage they do with little to no real effort its a fight where hunter should win nearly every time.

I used to play hunter for 3 years and gave it up since with the removal of minimum range, no aspect dance and sick damage the class is dead in terms of requiring any skill to play, it's faceroll and many decent hunters out there would probably agree, there's very little to seperate a good hunter with a poor one because the class is massively compensated for ease of play.

That said there are plenty of insane dmg classes at the moment just some are very easy to lock down and have real weaknesses whereas Hunters have the best mobility dps in the game which in PvP is very rewarding for them.

Not a moan about OP or w/e but would love to see Hunters have minimum range re-introduced.

^ against an MM hunter that is arena specced, an elemental shaman has the advantage if not in arena/rbg (since, when unaffected by battle fatigue a healing surge heals for 80k and crits for 160k). That said, if the hunter is using PvE talents (Fervor and A Murder of Crows), then he can rather easily out damage the heals.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rogue jkflare.

Deleted
    So I decided to join the Hunters FotM club (I posted this thread) and I am amazed!
    I speedgeared my hunter (who was 90 for a year but I never geared for anything) and got full tyr pvp gear + 522 weapon now and I absolutely destroy people!

Even compared to my fully 522 geared warrior this Hunter is absoultely amazing. So much CC and the damage is great.
    I now also see that we, as pvp players, ar elucky that so many hunters backpaddle because I am rather good at kiting and people just cant touch me.

I'm sure Hunters will get the bat in S15, but for now: if you cant beat them, join them applies >.<

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripley6174 View Post
    Haven't played demo lock in ages, but it destroyed hunters early in the expansion, although to be fair, it destroyed every class. No idea if this is still true after the huge demo nerfs and hunter buffs. I don't think many classes straight up counter hunters, they're the strongest 1v1 class by far.
    Ineed demo was so broken for a while. I could literally just summon my zoo and have them kill my opponent.

Deleted
    What about Warriors? Why no one has mentioned them? They are op as hell, lol. But obviously not against Hunters?

Quote Originally Posted by quitefrankly View Post
    A blood dk shouldnteven touch a hunter outside of deathgrips. With all that kiting, coupled with spirit bond, the hunter should wreck any blood dk... Rest of your list i agree!
    ahahahahahhahahaha what are you smoking fool?? Lets set up a smash right now. Chuck on your pvp gear and I'll give you 5k on the spot if you can drop my dk below 80% before I spark you. Absolutly no fkin chance rofl. Don't confuse a backpeddling moron for people who know how to play. I've been embarrassing people on my blood since early cata and I will demoralize you I garuntee you of that. There is only 1 class that can stand up to a blood 1v1 and only if they are on their absolute A game. Make no mistake about it there is ONLY 1. That class is a WW monk who dispels disease properly and knows when to be offensive and when to be defensive.

Quote Originally Posted by Caninese View Post
    Wasn't even a good mechanic in the first place, unless they add the ability to use melee attacks again.

Try fighting fire with fire man. Just become a better hunter and establish yourself on the top of the food chain.
    Maybe it wasn't a good mechanic, but the problem is they don't have a basic mechanic weakness to exploit at all now. Casters can be interrupted and can't do anything if a decent melee is in their face or if they get silenced, and melee can be kited. For hunters, since they didn't have either of those problems, it was the minimum range; now it's nothing.

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sifu View Post
    What about Warriors? Why no one has mentioned them? They are op as hell, lol. But obviously not against Hunters?
    You are asking why no one has mention warriors and answer your own question by stating they aren't that great against hunters. What is the title of this thread?

10+ Year Old Account
    As a feral If I can get a good opener on a hunter it's damn near "GG" as he'll have a few hundred K worth of bleeds ticking away and deterrence don't do jack shit about bleeds.
    Last edited by Fahrenheit; 2014-01-28 at 05:21 PM.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

Hunters whilst good at dishing out damage don't do to well taking it themselves. The high CC and damage I feel is an set to the fact we are very squishy overall.

Deleted
    Double deterrence and RoS on a 1 minute cooldown, you're not so squishy that you deserve this amount of damage and CC. Something needs to give.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripley6174 View Post
    Double deterrence and RoS on a 1 minute cooldown, you're not so squishy that you deserve this amount of damage and CC. Something needs to give.
    I think hunters are still squishier than most; RoS is pretty situational and deterrence has a huge drawback since you can't do anything when using it.

Deleted
    SRSLY half the people posting here have no clue how hunter works. Who in his right mind would ever think that:

shadow priest can beat hunters???What game are u guys playing??
    blood dk?? Woodgela?? You have been embarrassing and demoralizing people with your blood dk?? There is no chance that you will ever touch a half descent hunter outside of death grip period. And no this is not world pvp where you can heal yourself to oblivion, I am talking about instanced pvp scenario with battle fatigue, you are a sitting duck. Calling people fools...pls lets set up that war game I will fraps it and post it here ----Mohyto#2488 Eu Stormscale

Only classes I have any issues 1v1 in instanced pvp are:

Rogues - equally skilled and geared, if I fail with flares
    Insane destro lock who knows how to use his pet to cc.

Evrything else is just meh
    boomkins and ferals are only op cuz people keep throwing dmg at them while defensive cd are up instead cc'ing

oh and Thopp, what are u talking about u can do plenty while deterrence is up, not everything is about dmg.

Disc priest! I kill tones of Hunters dueling outside ogrimmar!