Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    but for example the new WvW map could be considered a feature.
    Isn't the new WvW map for overflow only? Not much of a feature if overflow never happens.

There might not be very much movement in this patch. Last Friday the devs said the 2/4 patch will be the patch that will answer a lot of people's questions about Scarlet.
    boo
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

No. I mean it is certainly something that is designed to help with the queuing for WvW, but I am pretty sure it'll always be available regardless if there is currently a queue foe WvW or not.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I watched the video preview and it is like....*yawns. This is not the type of additional content I would like to see for the game. Give me a new continent to explore and a additional story chain for my char, etc.

Yes, Edge of the Mists is available at any time from the WvWvW drop-down menu.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    A new character is joining destinys edge 2.0. An asura who is quite.... different compared to anything we have seen before, even scarlet herself.
    DE is back? Hoooray! As much as people hate them... I find them rather nice :P To be honest, I missed them xD

Oh.. oh.. I got it! It's an evil plan of ArenaNet. Make people like DE by developing 15 months of Scarlet plot as a new hate object!

Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    Yes, but who is controlling the strings?
    Dhuum dhuum dhuuuummmmm
    Nah... Dhuum was defeated xD (Yes, it's a pun)

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    I'm going to assume Queen Jennah, since she's the one that built robot chicks with boobs and heels...

Yes, Queen Jennah is the evil mastermind behind everything, obviously she's a Mursaat in disguise.
    Yup. There are speculations about Jennah. A lot of them. But I think that Scarlet really would like to fight her so I don't think it's she to control the doll. Maybe Scarlet knows Jennah's secrets?

And if Tyria is really going to change after March update... I guess that LA will be destroyed and rebuilt once again ~2 months later.

Here are the patch notes.

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/foru...anuary-21-2014

To mitigate performance issues, items that summon pets now have a 30-minute cooldown.

RIP Fire Elemental spam during Teq.

On the other hand, horray for the "Deposit All Collectibles no longer deposits miniatures. However, they can still be individually deposited by right-clicking on them."

The best thing in this patch is that they revamped the event UI. They now do cool little slideins and out when you get in and out of range of them!
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    The best thing in this patch is that they revamped the event UI. They now do cool little slideins and out when you get in and out of range of them!
    It looked beautiful !

PS: Wurm event - hard, requires coordination with pugs :C, at least got one of the 3 wurms mechanics figured out!
    Cod has a new campaign, new weapons, new multiplayer levels every year. Zelda has been recycling the same weapons, villains, and dungeons since the 80's. Zelda recycles enough to make cod blush. The same weapons, villains, dungeons, and princess in every single Zelda for the most part. It's almost as cheesy as bowser vs Mario round 35

Did this wurm event replace the old one?

10+ Year Old Account
    Which one? Jungle Wurm is in an entirely different zone so I doubt it.

This is the most boring "update" they've ever released tbh. I've been playing since launch and this is the first time I've logged out early on a patchday, I was so bored and disappointed. There's LITERALLY only 2 new things to do here, both being open world bosses on LENGTHY spawn timers (I waited around for over an hour after the first attempt and still no spawn), both are also very difficult with no tactics explained anywhere ingame meaning we have another Tequila x2 on our hands. So good luck ever completing these new events other than on a select few servers at a select few times (as determined by the community).

10+ Year Old Account
    There's something in the water... Florida
    If it did ill be pissed >.< first they took Tequila, made Fire elemental an automatic repair bill, made Maw take forever, then they fixed the golem's knockback to be more spammy, making worm super saiyan will be the last straw for low skilled berserkers like me just trying to make money.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    MMO-C, where a shill for Putin cares about democracy in the US.

Wow the spawn timers on these are too freaken long and no way to track them

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    The best thing in this patch is that they revamped the event UI.
    Possbily the only thing of note, I returned back for this patch...monumental waste of effort on my part. World boss was a lcustefuck and I can't stand dying continuously to nothing.

I'll most likely wait until tomorrow, after they patch everything, before playing. Update day is almost always a cluster.

How i've missed thee, overflow.

I love taimi, I can't tell if she generally wants to be the groups friends or is using them so she can meet scarlet and become her apprentice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Possbily the only thing of note, I returned back for this patch...monumental waste of effort on my part. World boss was a lcustefuck and I can't stand dying continuously to nothing.
    *cough* personal problem *cough*, the fights are really simple and quite interesting, i loved the watchwork one, tough but cool, requires people to be actually good.
    Cod has a new campaign, new weapons, new multiplayer levels every year. Zelda has been recycling the same weapons, villains, and dungeons since the 80's. Zelda recycles enough to make cod blush. The same weapons, villains, dungeons, and princess in every single Zelda for the most part. It's almost as cheesy as bowser vs Mario round 35

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by barackopala View Post
    *cough* personal problem *cough*, the fights are really simple and quite interesting, i loved the watchwork one, tough but cool, requires people to be actually good.
    I only did the Wurm one, I did hear the robo chick was easier. I have no doubt that its a personal issue when a multitude of people are running around like headless chickens dying, its also post patch noobness that will get better, it was just bitterly dissapointing at the time dying to inconceviable things because of the mess.
    Last edited by draykorinee; 2014-01-22 at 07:14 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    I only did the Wurm one, I did hear the robo chick was easier. I have no doubt that its a personal issue when a multitude of people are running around like headless chickens dying, its also post patch noobness that will get better, it was just bitterly dissapointing at the time dying to inconceviable things because of the mess.
    Well welcome to every mmo on a patch day, people die and are stupid enough to not try to learn on their first try, they try spam attacking everything they see before they read what the boss do or what descrpition the spells have D:

The watchwork girl is not hard but there are certain platforms on the battle that require a little bit of brain, and that's the hard part, some guys are stupid, like braindead stupid to stand on the aoe or not get the enemies into their own aoe's in order to kill them. TC and JQ have been able to kill her already. And talking to an arena net dev on TC he said that no server has been able to down even one of the 3 wurms on the encounter and they expect the wurms to last a bit longer before getting the first kill, maybe a few days.

I'd say the watchwork is a bit below tequatl in the "dificulty chart" but wurm is higher than teq, my guild is still trying to beat watchwork (we're on 4/5) and we haven't tried wurm yet sadly but some players managed to get in the first try of the server thus allowing us to get the strategies on each wurm ! tomorrow is going to be a long watchworky-wormy day D:
    Last edited by barackopala; 2014-01-22 at 07:21 AM.