Trouble launching game, feel silly

Heya

So I am having huge isssues launching this game. I download the launcher and then... nothing happens.

I log in and all I get is Minimum Download in Progress message. So I uninstalled and tried again, same issue. I wait for over 6 hours, nothing happens it stays at 0%.

I tried the trouble shooting page, in fact I just spent the last 4 hours running through every single fix they suggest for any launcher issue. Nothing is fixing the fact that nothing is downloading.

So I start the game in safe mode with no antivirus to block it, run as admin and still nothing being downloaded.
    I tried calling customer support, but seeing as I am Preferred status not an active subscriber, they refuse to help out. I pointed out the fact that I am returning to the game means I will be subbing as soon as I can play again, they didn't see this and couldn't understand why I wouldn't sub when I cant even play the game! why on earth would I?

Anyone had this issue? nothing seems to work and I see no help in the near future