Deleted

Scenarios, do I have to do them?

I only recently came back to WoW and level capped, I did a couple of scenarios for a quest (I assume this was an introduction to them) and I kinda hate them, albeit these were solo ones. One was where I had to go through some kind of assault course and collect gold, I died twice, got bored and just left it. Can I get by, by doing heroic dungeons to work up to raids? As a tank, I like to tank.

What benefits do scenarios offer?
    Last edited by mmoc066944a2d8; 2014-01-15 at 02:07 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Scenarios are entirely optional.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

just go to Timeless isle

Deleted
    Scenarios offer fast valor and once a day you get a chance at a i516 piece from heroic scenarios. There is no real reason to do scenarios other than 1 heroic scenario per day to gear up.

Heroic scenarios are by far the fastest way to get valor. Do you have to do norm or heroic scenarios, no, they are just the quickest way to earn valor.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    You don't have to do anything, least of all scenarios. Just do the things you like. You'll stay longer. They are a decent way of getting valor if you need that and queues for them are nearly instant as scenarios are not role dependent.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    Heroic scenarios are by far the fastest way to get valor. Do you have to do norm or heroic scenarios, no, they are just the quickest way to earn valor.
    CMs are a lot faster.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    CMs are a lot faster.
    But CMs require a lot more effort and a decent group for it to be faster. If you have good gear enough, you can just carry 2 other people, like from trade chat, in scenarios and have it still be decently fast.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    In general if you have a choice between "scenario" and "other content" for valor, "scenario" is (much) faster.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alzu View Post
    But CMs require a lot more effort and a decent group for it to be faster. If you have good gear enough, you can just carry 2 other people, like from trade chat, in scenarios and have it still be decently fast.
    Doesnt change the fact that they are way way faster though. You can carry 2 players in CMs aswell and still get gold.

Scenarios is of course much much easier, it is the fastest way to get valor that does not require any effort. However it is not the fastest way overall.

Deleted
    CMs are a lot faster.
    while true, with a semi decent group.
    for the majority of players doing heroic scenario's will be a faster way too earn valor.

Deleted
    Ah, thanks for all the answers. I'll give heroic ones a shot before dismissing them completely, glad to hear it's only for valor. I'll probably end up doing them anyway if they're as fast as they sound.

Quote Originally Posted by Grumple View Post
    Ah, thanks for all the answers. I'll give heroic ones a shot before dismissing them completely, glad to hear it's only for valor. I'll probably end up doing them anyway if they're as fast as they sound.
    what role do you play? as a dps scenarios work very well, but for instance I being a tank still prefer 5mans or clearing wings of older LFR raids.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hlx View Post
    what role do you play? as a dps scenarios work very well, but for instance I being a tank still prefer 5mans or clearing wings of older LFR raids.
    Tank but I can always switch to my PVP spec for them I suppose. Currently working up my ilvl so I can do heroic 5mans and LFR, I imagine I'd prefer those too

CMs are a lot faster.
    If you get decent RNG and get Crypt a lot with good people then that is significantly faster than CM farming even if you were getting realm first times every time.

Crypt takes 3-4 minutes.

Deleted
    Scenario's are mainly good for the bonus reputation boost if you want to up some faction rep.

As a tank you might as well do the 5-man instances instead since you won't have to sit in a queue.

But yeah, scenarios are mainly good for valor, and unless you have a fast CM group they are the quickest source of valor, they also have a chance at loot, but nothing too interesting compared to what you can get from other sources.
    My addons:
    Announce Interrupts: Announces in chat when you interrupt a spell.
    Tol Barad Reminder: Reminds you to queue for Tol Barad by printing a message when the battle is approaching.
    EasyLogger: Turns on /combatlog inside raid instances, and off outside.
    Simple class resource bars: Paladin Rogue Shaman Monk Priest

CMs are a lot faster.
    They require 2 more ppl and ppl that can get them done in time on some servers that is impossible. H scenarios take all of 5 minutes in most cases, mix that in with being easier to form a group for and easier to do once you zone in they are the best bang for your buck.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

I don't even think you need to do dungeons to get gear for raids now. Just go to the Timeless Isle, and you should be set at least for ToT LFR within an hour.