Thread: Karazhan wtf?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Karazhan wtf?

Ok so i have been trying very hard to glitch outside karazhan to get the the middle island type deal of netherspace which happens to be this

But then i somehow peaked through the wall at some point outside kara to find this alter, anybody have any ideas why this is here?
    Last edited by Trilicity; 2014-01-15 at 02:37 AM.

screenshot anything by chance id love to actually see what your trying to describe.

10+ Year Old Account
    oh ok i got the pics up now check them

Here ya go.

10+ Year Old Account
    yeah those thats whats im wondering why is that alter there and also wondering if anybody knows how to get to center thing

i think its just something a dev put in for fun. they do that alot
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

It probably means nothing, just like the dead, chained bodies that are somewhere under Kara too. My guess would be that they are left over from the creation process and just left there as they dont harm anybody.

Its kinda like the web design im doing atm, I have a bunch of useless CSS going on that I just CBA to clear out, the same applies to level design.

im no lore expert but, those statues standing around the circle remind me of the dark portal. not sure what that could mean if it means anything at all.

That altar is in the blasted lands, its typical for them to copy paste parts of the world into the background of dungeons. In old scholo almost all of the plaguelands were accessible though blinking out.

That altar you see is probably part of the blasted lands from an ancient version wow beta or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodjunky22 View Post
    im no lore expert but, those statues standing around the circle remind me of the dark portal. not sure what that could mean if it means anything at all.
    Its an Alter of Storms, I beleive.

And yeah, the Devs love messing around with Karazhan. Would be nice if they actually gave us something to do there, like finally opening up Upside Down Karazhan - even if its just an explorable area with no quests or mobs.

15+ Year Old Account
    Number 1: That's an Altar of Storms. They appear in the Blasted Lands and the Burning Steppes. Number 2: that's clearly the terrain outside of the instance, which is normal. Anytime you glitch outside of an instance you'll usually find a small area that is identical to where the instance is located, ie: if you get out of Zul'Gurub there's a small section of STV, if you get out of Sunwell Plateau you can walk around an empty IQD. Go to the west boundary of the Blasted Lands, about halfway between the Ogre fortress and the entrance to the Tainted Scar/Haunted Forest, and you'll see a path leading up to the Altar of Storms there.

Quote Originally Posted by Nazmina View Post
    That altar is in the blasted lands, its typical for them to copy paste parts of the world into the background of dungeons. In old scholo almost all of the plaguelands were accessible though blinking out.

That altar you see is probably part of the blasted lands from an ancient version wow beta or something.
    This, more or less. When an instance is created with a view of the outside the exterior zone is just copied into the instance map so it all matches up (though not always, as changes made to the world map at a later time aren't usually reflected in the instance zone.) So what your seeing is the alter of storms from the West mountain of Blasted Lands, just a short distance from Kara.
    You used to be able to glitch to the outside area of Kara and get onto the mountain where the summonable Dragon boss (can't remember his name). From there you can see Troll structures from the world map area of ZG.

That's just that generic altar of storms graphic you see around the world occasionally. Like in Blasted Lands.

I don't know where you're looking exactly but it might just be a random art asset, you see them sometimes in dev areas.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

What you're looking at is a copy/paste of part of the Blasted Lands with the wrong tileset. With any instance where you can see 'outside', Blizzard paste a section of the gameworld to make it look consistent with what's supposed to be there lorewise. The Karazhan instance contains sections of Deadwind Pass, Blasted Lands, Swamp of Sorrows and Duskwood with all objects and terrain.

You can't reach the thing in the middle, not without flying. I'm not even sure if it's solid.

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    What you're looking at is a copy/paste of part of the Blasted Lands with the wrong tileset. With any instance where you can see 'outside', Blizzard paste a section of the gameworld to make it look consistent with what's supposed to be there lorewise. The Karazhan instance contains sections of Deadwind Pass, Blasted Lands, Swamp of Sorrows and Duskwood with all objects and terrain.

You can't reach the thing in the middle, not without flying. I'm not even sure if it's solid.
    http://wow.freierbund.de/map_and_gui.../Karazhan.html

You can see the altar you're referring to on this map on the right. Remember that Karazhan was created before the cataclysm so the altar may have been moved from its original position.

Deleted
    I think they have to put instances into zones. Maybe there's a technical reason for that. They even put Naxxramas in an ice region so it gives players the icy breath

10+ Year Old Account
    the nethery castle thingy was likely once used for something, but it got scrapped. It could have been where the Prince was, or another boss they chose not to use or ran out of time for,

10+ Year Old Account
    Karazhan is like this never ending font of weird crap.

I'm choked that they were working on something with it and wound up canceling it.

That 'island' is where you fight Prince Malchezzar. There's a skybox around the top of the tower in that area with all that floaty stuff in it you can only see from certain angles (such as when you're actually in that room).

it's the same thing for stratholme, if you fly over the gate you can see a necropolis flying over the city but actually inside the dungeon it's no where to be seen; back then blizzard left alot of "scraps" around (kara crypts is another example) cuz they tought players where never able to see or access it.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.