Thread: Karazhan wtf?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    That's an altar of storms, as has been said. If I had to wager a guess, it's the altar of storms in blasted lands, specifically.

When blizzard makes outdoor dungeons, they take a copy past of terrain, plop it down onto a blank level, and then design the dungeon on top of that. Because Karazhan takes place in deadwind pass, and because you can see parts of deadwind pass from within Karazhan, they took a chunk of map focusing on deadwind pass and some of the surrounding area and plopped it down. That chunk just happened to include the altar of storms.

If the dungeons DON'T rely on you seeing "outside" of them (like most BC dungeons) they're literally floating hallways above flat blank canvases of land.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Isn't that the altar that's in Badlands? As they copied some of the environment around Kharazan into the raid it's probably is, as you could get into a part of Zul'Gurub before.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bufferunderrun View Post
    it's the same thing for stratholme, if you fly over the gate you can see a necropolis flying over the city but actually inside the dungeon it's no where to be seen
    That's because the "Stratholme" prop that they use in the open world is the early design of Stratholme, when Naxxramas was supposed to be flying over it. (Instead of over EPL proper) The giant untextured Naxxramas is "part" of that prop.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Karazhan huh? I'll just leave this here... http://shadeofaranchant.ytmnd.com/

No doubt the alter is there for the shits 'n giggles of Blizz putting it there
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by 3DTyrant View Post
    Karazhan huh? I'll just leave this here... http://shadeofaranchant.ytmnd.com/

No doubt the alter is there for the shits 'n giggles of Blizz putting it there
    I get so sad when I post this in guild chat and nobody knows it.

Deleted
    Blizzard love messing around with designs and such.

Back in Cata I also found this behind Deepholm. It's a big area so there is much more to see.

http://i.imgur.com/8ngDxqJ.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/W7coD7e.jpg

Deleted
    Took some pictures for you.

Prince Malchezaar, Netherspite, and ''Darkshire'' in the same picture.

Top view of the Karazhan Library

This whole black shadow is where the ''Netherspace'' is located, you can see Prince walking around in it.

This is pretty much the whole Karazhan map.
    Last edited by mmoc78d225b3dd; 2014-01-15 at 11:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    That's because the "Stratholme" prop that they use in the open world is the early design of Stratholme, when Naxxramas was supposed to be flying over it. (Instead of over EPL proper) The giant untextured Naxxramas is "part" of that prop.
    yep back then when flying wasn't in the way blizzard left alot of scrap and unfinished thing hidden behind a mountain or out of players reach, in that sense today every thing is way more polished. I wonder where in the map is siege of orgrimmar
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

As you go through the library before you reach the room with 6 ethereals in it; there is a stack of books near a windowsill you can jump up to to get "outside" Karazan when inside the instance. If you fancy exploring for yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

15+ Year Old Account
    You think this is wierd? Have you seen under the deadmines?
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    You think this is wierd? Have you seen under the deadmines?
    You thinking about ''old Outland''?