Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Classiccs View Post
    As it stands right now, Night Elf can't be Shaman. To me, this doesn't feel right and seems like they'd at least be somewhat equipped to be one with the elements considering their history as Druid's. I've asked in-game and only ever gotten the "it goes against lore" response but no substantial explanation.

How do you guys feel about the race/class combo and what's truly preventing it from happening?
    It really is a cultural thing. Shamanism and Druidism serve the same function in their respective race's society. Realistically, it's weird that Tauren CAN be both.
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.

I haven't taken the time to look it up, so now I'm like, "Huh. Why ARE Taurens druids? Since they have a tribal shamanistic culture..."

Herald of the Titans Chain Chungus's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    They make a lot more sense to be shamans than Draenei do.

Quote Originally Posted by Darksoldierr View Post
    Tauren Rogue.
    Tauren Warlock; Demon Bull.

Quote Originally Posted by RaenavenBlacksun View Post
    I haven't taken the time to look it up, so now I'm like, "Huh. Why ARE Taurens druids? Since they have a tribal shamanistic culture..."
    Probably because they had to give the horde something or else the ally would get an extra class.

Quote Originally Posted by Babzu View Post
    Probably because they had to give the horde something or else the ally would get an extra class.
    I'm talking lore wise.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darksoldierr View Post
    Tauren Rogue.
    Yes I want one damn it!!! imagine a cow towering over you with a shank, the sheer terror.

- - - Updated - - -

I got other questions...
    Why can't my human have a fro or a mohawk or a mofro?
    Why can't gnomes be hunters when their counterpart goblin can?
    Blizz fix it!!!

15+ Year Old Account
    As it stands right now, Night Elf can't be Shaman. To me, this doesn't feel right and seems like they'd at least be somewhat equipped to be one with the elements considering their history as Druid's. I've asked in-game and only ever gotten the "it goes against lore" response but no substantial explanation.

How do you guys feel about the race/class combo and what's truly preventing it from happening?
    What "substantial" explanation do you expect to exist? "It goes against the story" is an excellent reason. You have a story, and in that story, stuff happens. Why did it happen in one way, when it could have happened the other way? Because that's the way the story teller wanted it to happen. If you don't enjoy the story, you are free to go find another story more to your liking. Why can't Wonder Woman shoot lasers from her eyes like Superman can? She'd be at least somewhat equipped since she has a magic lasso and it's not that big of a stretch to make her have magic lasers shoot out of her eyeballs. The reason why, is that it goes against what the guy who invented her said she could do. There is no need for a more "substantial explanation".

Quote Originally Posted by Solidsteel View Post
    Lore is a stupid reason
    Then why are you playing mmoRPGs? Are you one of those people who name their toons Swagyolo/Yolosaurrus/etc BS? Why are you here?

They've already stretched it with tauren paladins, gnome priests, nelf mages. Enough is enough. If you don't enjoy the lore behind the game, the story, and are here only for teh lewts and pvp, then why do you care? why should you have any say in how the writers do their job? When does it stop? Why even name it World of Warcraft? Why not have night elves playable as horde and orcs playable as alliance? Why even have a story? Only 2% or 3% care about the story right?

Every single time i facepalm when i see a lore retcon or gameplay mechanic change i remember that if the devs took anyone seriously and actually implemented even half of the silly and straight up dumb suggestions that get farted out on a weekly basis, without any thought put into them by random people on a forum, this game would have been LONG gone and we would all be playing guild wars 2 right about now. See how much success that game had with it's "rich lore" and story. Upcoming we have Wildstar, which is basically "some dudes go to a planet and there's old shit on it".

The Burning Crusade and Wrath of the Lich King were two of the best expansions they've ever put out. Why is that? Why is it that a huge number of people bought the game because they wanted to see what happened to the Lich King or Illidan? Why did so many people not care about Deathwing? The reason? Warcraft3 and it's expansion, which is the sole reason why a vast number of people are have purchased this MMORPG to begin with.
    Last edited by Srg56; 2014-01-19 at 09:01 AM.

Night Elves are into nature. They don't really care about fire or water or air.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tauren Warlock! Awwwww yeah.

10+ Year Old Account
    No. Night Elves are too refined to be Shaman.

Goblins shouldn't be Shaman either. One of the worst race/class combos ever. Both Gnomes and Goblins need a mechanical-based class.

Druidic culture and shamanistic cultures are not mutually exclusive. Taurens have both, while the Night Elves only have druidic culture.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    No. Night Elves are too refined to be Shaman.

Goblins shouldn't be Shaman either. One of the worst race/class combos ever. Both Gnomes and Goblins need a mechanical-based class.
    I agree with that to a point. At the beginning, I also did scratch my head at THAT particular race/class combo, but, in the end, it does make kind of sense. In its core, Shamanism is about contractual servitude, something the goblins are known for (profits and all that), and the goblins realized that, with the powers of the elements, they have much more to gain, profit-wise, once they figure out how to use the powers of the elements in their totally-not-explosion-prone inventions, making them even more powerful, and even more explode-y.

While doing Cataclysm zones while Cataclysm was current expansion, in Deepholm and in Twilight Highlands you do find a shaman goblin that, if I recall correctly, gives you some insight as to why goblins can be shamans.

Does the race/class combo make full sense? Not really. Does it make a bit of sense? Yeah, a bit.

Deleted
    It doesnt feel right at all imo.

And now that were at it, revert the class/race combinations that were introduced in Cataclysm and make Shamans and Paladins faction unique again!

Deleted
    I'd prefer worgen shamans, I wanted worgen shamans since worgen were implemented

Nah. It feels right in the same vein as Undead Paladins, Draenei Warlocks and Human Druids. To each their own, however.

10+ Year Old Account
    I want a Worgen Shaman personally. I don't think it fits any lore but I want one for the racials (fast skinning and the sprint) =)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    It's also incorrect.

Dwarves evolved from the Earthen due to the Curse of Flesh. The ancestors of dwarves were made of earth. Literal Earth elementals. If they couldn't communicate with Earth spirits (And by extension, spirits of the other elements), I'd be extremely disappointed.
    slightly inaccurate, but along the right vein of thought

Dwarves can be shamans because the Bronzebeards (playable dwarves) learnt it from Wildhammer shamans

the Wildhammer learnt Shamanism because they have strong ties with the elements, mirroring the Frostwolf Clan in some aspects (replace Frostwolves with Gryphons, replace frigid valley with troll-infested Hinterlands

until Cataclysm, when the Bronzebeards/Wildhammer finally started integrating their two cultures in earnest, no Bronzebeard had ever thought about becoming a shaman (most likely they were too engrossed with Titan technology and discovering their origins)

there's also no connection between the Earthen and the Elements, the fact they were made out of stone is simply because of the Earthens working environments (underground, shaping the world) was incredibly suited to being made out of stone; cave-in? no problem, they don't need food, water and have extremely tough exteriors, perfect for toiling in the deep places of Azeroth

the only reason they weren't made for fighting (like the Vrykul were) is that it seems more difficult to heal Earthen warriors, as they require special poultices or explosive bandages :P

on-topic, i think Night Elf Shamans make sense, especially considering Druidism is a specialization of Shamanism, where the Druid focuses on dealing with the Spirit of Life instead of the rest of the Elemental spirits
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombiebob
    I'm still waiting on someone to tell me where all these people that suddenly care about Warrior balance were during Cataclysm when they were blow up dolls with plate armor on.
    Quote Originally Posted by cutterx2202 View Post
    Stop complaining to solve your lack of ability, and start reading and practicing to gain ability. Stop trying to bring people down to your level instead of striving to raise yours.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be

Yeah it feels perfectly right... Well of course besides the fact that the Night Elves don't worship their Ancestors or the Elemental Spirits which you know, is what being a shama is all about.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I didn't really like the whole Druid can be Mages thing. I'm not too fond of this one either.
    In regards to Night Elves, it's actually more of a "Society of Mages gone Druid because Mages fucked things up royally and were thus banished until 10.000 years later when Night Elf society could see the benefits of arcane magisters to help them fight the Cataclysm, but they are still not very popular" case.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Only if Orc Priests.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Because Malfurion taught Hamuul a few things. That's why.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann