Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    AV is BS these days, it's all about zerging to the enemy base.
    If it were old school AV I'd pick it without thinking twice, but these days i prefere Temple of Kotmogu because it focusses on PvP so much

Deleted
    AV back in the days, now - AB.
    I really miss old AV tho.

Alterac valley is first, and so much ahead??

I see there is a lot of Alliance over here...

10+ Year Old Account
    How about how many active players actually participated in more than 10 BG's last month?

Wow, AV winning? Every time I join a random BG and it's AV, the chat screen is flooded with comments like "Fuck not this again" or "Ugh, AV" or "So and so has left the game".

Deleted
    How the hell is AV no1? Nowdays its basically played like a wotlk dungeon.

Anyways, voted for AB.

Deleted
    Fanboys arguing with people saying that Blizzard will put this crap to the store. Its sad that you are allowed to be loud and talk BS while everyone else gets warned for it. Inb4 infract while the fanboys are allowed to call people they disagree with a moron etc. Btw im playing on a priv server and man it feels better and better doing so when Blizzard puts all this crap to the website.
    Last edited by mmoc664e732ce0; 2014-01-16 at 12:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Konung Alpha View Post
    Why is SotA that low? IMO one of the best bg's. For me as a PvE player it is a rare chance to win among long queue of losses, i actually can be MvP without landing a single blow on a player.
    That's one reason why it sucks for PvP interested players..

I've voted for AB. Loved this BG from the day it was released 'til now.. it's awesome! Second choice would be AV (classic style).

My favorite battleground is Wintergrasp which you didn't list.

10+ Year Old Account
    As annoying as they can be, WSG and Twin Peaks are still my favorites.

How AV is "winning" the poll I will never understand. It's part of the shitty three; AV, IoC and SotA - yuck!

I don't really understand blizzard why are there so many battlegrounds....
    I mean i like only the vanilla BGs the rest of them are mostly crap.

AV in its old format / games that are long. Warsong otherwise. Arathi second to that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    You can literally do all of that still.
    yes however it serves no purpose and the npc's summoned are too weak to matter the least in the current time rush version of AV.

the mechanics exist but serve no purpose

I suppose you didn't take into account that some battlegrounds had their weekends when you pulled those numbers?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by meekus View Post
    As annoying as they can be, WSG and Twin Peaks are still my favorites.

How AV is "winning" the poll I will never understand. It's part of the shitty three; AV, IoC and SotA - yuck!

i gotta agree with you there that i c ant see why AV is winning, it is easy free honor for player's who dont wish to play pvpsince the entire team rushes to the boss and kill's.

i could however understand if they meant the vanilla version and how challenging it could be with worthy reward's. hard work through many day's just to get some reward's as well as the fights that lasted multiple hours and team efforts that went into collecting and improving your allies like buff's npc spawns npc rescue and so on that could not just be beaten by a single player but required multiple player's since they posed a great threat especially the giant's. all mechanics still exist but where killed by changing the game into "time rush" rather than "raid vs raid" world fight, in fact they could remove every mechanic except tower's and boss and nobody would really notice anything, honestly i am wondering who went and took a dump on AV that was so well designed yet it became degraded to being the lowest desired battleground except for honor farming...

Quote Originally Posted by Madruga View Post
    Alterac valley is first, and so much ahead??

I see there is a lot of Alliance over here...

Nah, I'm horde and I always loved AV. The problem about AV is that one side needs coordination while the other can just PVE-Rush and win...this is why it's not balanced. It's a great battleground and much more interesting than the others...it just needs to be fixed.

I think most of the votes go for the great battle AV can be....not for the PVE-Rush AV usually is(cause PVE-Rush is the best option for alliance and horde players behave like lemmings following bots to their final defeat over and over again).

Same with isle of conquest. As long as one side has an advantage by just going PVE while the other side needs to enforce PvP to win, the game is not balanced. The horde would have equal chances on both battlegrounds if they would all go for the pvp...unfortunately half of them believe they got a serious chance with a PVE-rush too...and lose. This is not horde-specific tho...if the horde would have the PVE-rush advantage on both battlegrounds then the alliance would screw it up just like that too. Hoping that PvP will happen if only one faction has to enforce pvp(to have a serious chance to win) just doesn't work....
    Last edited by Pacster; 2014-01-16 at 02:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Exploitbat View Post
    I suppose you didn't take into account that some battlegrounds had their weekends when you pulled those numbers?
    Every battleground had a CtA during the span of time the data was from, but Silvershard Mines and AV got cut a little bit short due to the dates and time it takes to update the characters.

Deleted
    Of course it is AV. You get tons of honor, even if you lose. AV weekends were my favorite.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chaud View Post
    Every battleground had a CtA during the span of time the data was from, but Silvershard Mines and AV got cut a little bit short due to the dates and time it takes to update the characters.
    Is there any way you can compare activity? say ... % of active players who did a RBG, % of active players who did LFR, % of players who did any other difficulty raid, and % who did neither ... that sort of thing?

Deleted
    BFG, no contest.

Really nice take on AB, an already great BG.