Deleted

Is GoSac viable for Affliction PvP?

Will i be just fine with GoSac in BG/RBGs as Affliction lock? Maybe not the best talent for Arenas but what about BGs? Playing a pet class in BG/RBG is somehow frustrating for me. And they move so slow, jesus! Also i would like to play Soul Link + Grimoire of Sacrifice from the start of the BG, not just sacrificing my pet when it's needed.
    Also, what do you do, when GoSac expired? Do you wait until the end or you summon pet few minutes before duration has ended? I would rather see it lasts until canceled.

GoSac isn't bad if you're in full control and freecast, but it is much better for Destro.

Reason being things will rely on you alone instead of being evenly split among you and your minion, and as often you can't CC both the demon and the master, your pressure would be cut 100% instead of to half.

Don't worry for regular BGs, as you can randomly choose talents by throwing dice and still do fine.

What to do when GoSac expires..? never actually happens. Just summon another pet and renew it.. the cooldown of Sac is 20sec.
    If you die, your last chosen pet will revive with you and all you have to do is Hit the Sac. Hah.

Using Soul Link and Sac without actually killing the pet is viable and has multiple uses. Most of the time you want your pet dead but you could.. say, use a Voidwalker to tank 20% of your damage taken, disarm your aggressor, eat it (sac), gain sac-soul-link (20% HP passive) use Bulwark (30% more HP for a few sec) and use your healing cooldowns.

The result, you took 20% less damage from that burst and now you're healing 50% more.

Deleted
    Ty very much, Veliane
    I like your tips about Voidwalker ... never thought to take a Voidwalker into PvP. That's one of the reasons why i don't like to PvP as Affliction: I'm like forced to use GoSup or GoSer and Felhunter/Observer, which I don't like them at all:P I mean i don't like how they both look like. I could live with Voidwalker/Voidlord, Imp/Fel Imp or even Shivara ...
    sry for eng

Sac is definitely less damage for affliction, but in arena it is very good against hunter comps because you can dispell traps for your healer.

Deleted
    But in BGs your pet is CCed almost all the time. And it's so easily be destroyed by opposite team. Damage of Demons are laughably low on players (if we compare it with hunter pets), with exception or Wrathguard. They move so slowly ... They are good for 1v1, but in a massive fights they die all the time ... Only benefit I get with pets is more (usually one more) special abilities, damage part is like non existing. That's why i've been thinking about GoSac.

If you are in a rbg and the amount of cleave/dotting/etc means your pet evaporates then use gosac...just be aware its not "optimal" in a 2's or 3's situation for affliction. Most destro use gosac in pvp except for maybe duels or 2's where you'd use the shivara for more CC while you are CC'd. Anytime you use an imp you can dispel off your healer IF there is only 1 effect. If there are more then its a craps shoot. Just be sure to use a pet temporarily when you are node/flag guarding as a defense against the typical ninja cap routine.

CS, Sac CS, SB - new doggie CS. I'd say thats pretty viable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sifu View Post
    But in BGs your pet is CCed almost all the time. And it's so easily be destroyed by opposite team. Damage of Demons are laughably low on players (if we compare it with hunter pets), with exception or Wrathguard. They move so slowly ... They are good for 1v1, but in a massive fights they die all the time ... Only benefit I get with pets is more (usually one more) special abilities, damage part is like non existing. That's why i've been thinking about GoSac.
    In that case it's better to stick with the imp and GoSup.

OT: Sacrifice is viable, but it doesn't increase the damage of your DoT's so you'll lose out on some damage, not too much though. The main reason to use a pet is to still have some damage and utility when being CC'ed. GoSac+SL on the other hand gives you more health and stronger selfhealing ( due more health). Myself I prefer doing BG with a Shivarra for Whiplash and Mesmerize, it helps a lot to keep people off your ass, allowing you to focus on doing damage.

Also, GoSac lasts 1h, it shouldn't expire in battleground or arena.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicola View Post
    I Myself I prefer doing BG with a Shivarra for Whiplash and Mesmerize, it helps a lot to keep people off your ass, allowing you to focus on doing damage.
    Shivarra is great for Destro, but do you think I can also use her as Affliction?

10+ Year Old Account
    Shivarra is never great in 3s. 2s might be a different story just don't use it in 3s. In order to use it effectively you need to monitor your pet the whole time. If you don't you'll just get fear dr on the wrong person then you don't have it when you need it. Also mesmerize breaks on any damage so you can't run it with any kind of dot/cleave team.

As destro you pretty much always run sac. Voidwalker vs pure cleaves. Imp vs Hunter teams. Felpup for everything else.

As affliction the only reason to run sac is if you're running a burst comp and line up your trinkets/procs with haunt spam. Since sac only affects haunt and fel flame for afflic it's useless outside of burst. The only other reason you might want to use sac is vs high cleave teams that just kill your pet.

Everything I'm saying is only for 3s btw. In bgs do what you want it depends on your play style. I just don't like SL no matter what cause your pet dies constantly plus bargain is awesome. Haven't really tried SL + sac cause bargain is just way too nice to give up.
    Last edited by Kildragon; 2014-01-17 at 05:54 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sifu View Post
    Shivarra is great for Destro, but do you think I can also use her as Affliction?
    For battlegrounds, yes. For arena it's better to use the Observer unless you need extra dispels, in which case you use the Imp.