Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Oh though I would like to point out to get the achievement for mounts none of the store bought mounts are required
    ...Made it through 9 years of wow...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arel00 View Post
    Honestly? There isn't a single mount on the shop that I would take over mounts available in game. Unique models? Sure. Better looking than what's already available? Not from my PoV.
    Same here. I wouldn't trade my phoenix for a shop mount, ever.
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 // 2023- || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

10+ Year Old Account
    at least new one isnt such eyesore as gay pride dragon

Quote Originally Posted by Saberstrike View Post
    We pay sub money for, among other things, the art team.

So having to pay for what we already paid for feels greedy and bad. End of.
    Logical challenge

What happens with your sub money? Goes back into development/maintenance to make more money, right?
    What happens with your store-buy money? Goes to magic profit fairies never to improve the game? No. Same as above.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Are you somehow forced to buy a mount? No. End of story.

American gamers attitude towards micropayments and F2P never cease to amuse me.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomana View Post
    Same here. I wouldn't trade my phoenix for a shop mount, ever.
    Unique and hard to find mounts are always better looking than store mount. Sky Golem,Invincible,Mimiron Head,Pheonix and many more.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sul View Post
    this , and while I do own a store mount I didn't buy it , my daughter did Store mounts don't get you from point A to B any faster then in game mounts , if people want to buy then that's fine with me .
    "I have store mount" "Store mounts are fine, they are nothing else then normal mounts" "i just buy them because of no reason"

Deleted
    Sorry but since the mount was first announced it was obviously going to be either a store or CE mount. Besides you get loads of mounts only available via grinding. It just seems like QQ because it's something you want but cba buying

I'd still rather sit on my Spawn of Galakras than anything out the shop to be honest.

Fine with me.

Also I hoped this is some sort of indication towards BETA as it seems out of the blue and pretty random for it to be out now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by LazarusLong View Post
    Are you somehow forced to buy a mount? No. End of story.

American gamers attitude towards micropayments and F2P never cease to amuse me.
    Stop differentiating between americans and europeans and try starting a hate war. I'm a from europe and i think the system sucks.

You should be banned

Just be glad they aren't selling the new models there ok?

Quote Originally Posted by Zabusasan View Post
    Tell me why people spend real money on them then?
    for the same reason some people buy fancier cars then others , all cars do the same job , they get you from point A to B , some people think that looking nicer makes it better -I don't , looks are the last thing I think about.
    Last edited by Sul; 2014-01-16 at 01:29 PM.

Thats actually wrong. Sub fees are for maintainance and related costs.

But you are not totally wrong as we pay the art Team with the game-Price/Expansion-Price.

Tough to debate because it's all speculation, but I feel the same way OP - selling mounts steals them away from being added content to be gotten by playing the game. Even if there was a gold purchasing option I would feel more okay with the store because, most of us, spend time in game PLAYING earning our gold. But, whose to say that these mounts would've ever even seen the light of day if not for the store. Just because the store exists doesn't mean that if it didn't these mounts would've have been created anyhow and then made to be drops or earned through achievements.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sul View Post
    for the same reason some people buy fancier cars then others , all cars do the same job , they get you from point A to B , some people think that looking nicer makes it better -I don't , looks are the last thing I think about.
    Thats what i was looking for. Clearly making store bought moutns trophies aswell. Even though you dont agree, you just confirmed me.

Deleted
    Poor blizzard, must be that bad to have an monthly income of 15 bucks from 7 million players. Lol @ money for game improvement, the same exploiters from cata still cheat to this day

Deleted
    People complaining about store mounts is soooooo 2010

All this indicates to me is that revenue for this quarter is even lower than initially expected and the accountants at Blizzard have said "we need MOAR monies to make next quarters investor call look healthy quick chuck out another $25 mount!"

Expect another mount or minipet or combo of both in the next quarter if WoD doesn't ship before end of June (which is highly unlikely).

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    Logical challenge

What happens with your sub money? Goes back into development/maintenance to make more money, right?
    What happens with your store-buy money? Goes to magic profit fairies never to improve the game? No. Same as above.
    Until you can prove that money from the store purchases goes into hiring more art workers than would otherwise be present it's a pointless challenge and means that rather than developing art for the game we pay for, they're trying to squeeze more money out.

I have absolutely no issue with paid DLC in a F2P game, but in a sub based game I find it disgusting unless the company make it abundantly clear that it's not taking away from development time + it hired new artists

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Just be glad they aren't selling the new models there ok?

Uhm. They ARE selling new models on there? ok?