Page 1 of 15
... LastLast
    Deleted

Unhappy Not cool Blizzard

I'm one of the people who are most likely not going to spendt bucks on the blizzard store. I wont stand up and shout about it, i just feel i am allready paying enough to blizzard as it is.

However. When it comes to mounts these days blizzard has taken a turn that i simply believe is god awful. All(and i do really mean all) the new mounts that they have worked that little bit extra on all comes on the store instead of being hard earned in game.

You might not all think that the fey(fairy?)dragon was the coolest looking mount ever, but its a very unique mount no matter how you look at it(personally i find it very cool).

I simply do not agree with this strategy and wanted to be heard.

How do you guys feel? Is it cool that the unique new mounts all come from the shop?

15+ Year Old Account
    Honestly? There isn't a single mount on the shop that I would take over mounts available in game. Unique models? Sure. Better looking than what's already available? Not from my PoV.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qieth
    I don't do math, blind assumptions work so much better for me.

Deleted
    Its a mount, it does not make you better, it does not make you go faster then on other mounts. I have the Fey Dragon, I bought the new one. But I do not care if they are obtainable in the game or has to be bought. I will join the whining army if they start selling gear or performance stuff in the shop.

For a while unique mounts came from the card game, and then were added to the game later as reskins. Maybe the same will happen with the shop? In the end it's essentially the same thing, and it's been happening for a lot longer than most people give it credit for. If anything, these cool mounts are cheaper and more accessible than before for those who really want them, so there isn't only bad.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by arel00 View Post
    Honestly? There isn't a single mount on the shop that I would take over mounts available in game. Unique models? Sure. Better looking than what's already available? Not from my PoV.
    Ok so thats personal opinion mate. That is why i wrote unique. I personally find them awesome.

The special part about them is they have unique models and have ekstra features like colour change and this new one does thigns in the air plus it has rocket boosters.

Well, they produce unique mounts for both the store and in game. I think I'm fine about it. That goblin robot is one of the coolest mount ever and it is obtainable by playing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerdoz View Post
    Its a mount, it does not make you better, it does not make you go faster then on other mounts. I have the Fey Dragon, I bought the new one. But I do not care if they are obtainable in the game or has to be bought. I will join the whining army if they start selling gear or performance stuff in the shop.
    Remember that everything in this game is pixels. Gear or mounts what you fight for is still half cosmetic.

A unique mount is a win too-.

Quote Originally Posted by Zabusasan View Post
    Ok so thats personal opinion mate. That is why i wrote unique. I personally find them awesome.

The special part about them is they have unique models and have ekstra features like colour change and this new one does thigns in the air plus it has rocket boosters.
    it's a mount. It gets you from A to B in the fastest time possible, therefore you spend the minimal amount of time on one. Why do you care?
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

You probably have 100+ Mounts anyway, for what you Need a new one?

10+ Year Old Account
    Ingame store is just another source of revenue for Blizzard, and it doesn't sell things that would affect your gameplay, just cosmetic stuff.
    As far as I am concerned, that's not affecting me in the slightest, and thus I am alright with it.

Those store purchases subsidise a subscription fee which contrary to inflation has not increased since release.
    If you feel you are already spending enough, then be man enough to thank those people who kept your subscription fee at the level it is by buying that mount, pet or helm.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by willtron View Post
    it's a mount. It gets you from A to B in the fastest time possible, therefore you spend the minimal amount of time on one. Why do you care?
    Its like you dont get the point. Remember the days before transmog where people would show off their new gear inside the big city? Remember the first time you got a glory of the X mount?

Mounts are not just vehicles in this game. They are trophies. If you dont realise that then you and me cant understand eachother.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Those store purchases subsidise a subscription fee which contrary to inflation has not increased since release.
    If you feel you are already spending enough, then be man enough to thank those people who kept your subscription fee at the level it is by buying that mount, pet or helm.
    Or just realise that blizzard took way more then they needed the last 10 years to make them ablt to still run wow at the same price. Inlfation? come on dude. They made billions. Everyone knows that if they started upping the subscription fee they would loose a lot of customers. Anyway back on topic please.

I'm a druid mounts mean nothing to me unless I'm playing taxi
    ...Made it through 9 years of wow...

Quote Originally Posted by Zabusasan View Post
    Its like you dont get the point. Remember the days before transmog where people would show off their new gear inside the big city? Remember the first time you got a glory of the X mount?

Mounts are not just vehicles in this game. They are trophies. If you dont realise that then you and me cant understand eachother.
    Surely the source of teh mount defines whether its a trophy?

Store mounts are hardly trophies, neither is a blue wyvern.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

All the new mounts are from the store? From when, exactly, would you consider a mount 'new'? I want a date.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerdoz View Post
    It doesn't matter if it makes you better or not, it's content you need to pay extra for to obtain. I already pay a subscription for the content.

I wouldnt be as bothered if they only released these mounts say every six months, and atleast 50% of the profits went to a good charity.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    Surely the source of teh mount defines whether its a trophy?

Store mounts are hardly trophies, neither is a blue wyvern.
    Tell me why people spend real money on them then?

Quote Originally Posted by willtron View Post
    this , and while I do own a store mount I didn't buy it , my daughter did Store mounts don't get you from point A to B any faster then in game mounts , if people want to buy then that's fine with me .

We pay sub money for, among other things, the art team.

So having to pay for what we already paid for feels greedy and bad. End of.