Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marema View Post
    Pretty much this.
    I can't believe I'm having to ask this again, but what is it about this topic that has anything at all to do with someone's inability to "get over" themselves? I'm really not sure where this fits into relevant discussion.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

Quote Originally Posted by Zabusasan View Post
    Its like you dont get the point. Remember the days before transmog where people would show off their new gear inside the big city? Remember the first time you got a glory of the X mount?

Mounts are not just vehicles in this game. They are trophies. If you dont realise that then you and me cant understand eachother.
    Yeah, I remember rolling my eyes at those people because their self-worth was tied into a video game.

No, they're not trophies, they're mounts. And I understand you perfectly. You see playing a video game as a grand accomplishment, I see playing a video game as playing a video game.

It's fine. It's a vanity item. If people want to buy them -- then good for them. Eat ramen noodles for a couple weeks if you're that hard up and want to buy the item.

Coming from someone who bought the Pandaren Monk years ago for charity, I'm really thinking that this has been getting ridiculous. Sure, Blizzard may be making good bucks out of this, but I'm highly against cash shops in subscription-based games. If WoW wasn't subscription based but still needed purchase, like GW2, I would've accepted the cash shop. People ask why I won't pay for subscription for MMOs, saying that you can have "all of the content" without fees, another reason is because I don't trust sub fees when they even pull off cash shops like WoW.

Don't get me wrong, WoW is an excellent game, one of the best games out there, but there are things that have been getting very disagreeable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not cool? It's VERY cool! The fact that these unique mounts are in the store means they're easy +1s to your collection that you don't have to worry about spending time in game to get. The more store mounts the better if you ask me.

And just because the misinformed fellow above me mention it I've got to say: Your subscription gives you the right to log in and play on your account. Nothing more, nothing less. Your subscription does not entitle you to any content beyond being able to access your current expansion. Paying for things in the store is 100% optional and $25 is not a lot of money to pay once in a while on top of the already measly $15 we pay each month. Quite frankly the price we pay for WoW is a steal.
    Last edited by ACES; 2014-01-16 at 03:11 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    the only single reason I have never purchased a mount is because everyone and their mothers can get them instantly. Same can be said for mounts in game, HOWEVER, if im on my, say, Flameward Hippogryph, and the person next to me is on one as well, we both know that, it took us at LEAST a month to grind it out, not just click PURCHASE.

EDIT:: At the end of the day, everyone does what they want with their time and money, and to be totally honest, this thread is pointless. They're not forcing you to buy it. They're not affecting you by releasing these vanity items. If you dont like it, move along. Simple as that.

I was just about to get back into the game, then I saw an add for this mount as I opened BNet launcher.

Shit makes me sick. Very clear why the 'magic' of Blizzard is gone. It's their current attitude. Achieving a feat in-game gets you a re-skin of a 20 year old mount (sprinkle some armor on it), and the new unique models get shoved off to the shop.

This is my reasoning behind hating F2P games (Of course WoW is now Buy to Play, Sub and Cash Shop), usually items in the shop are of noticeably higher quality, than items you can get actually playing the game, more thought, effort and money goes into them. It doesn't have to be Pay to Win to be bad.

Works for some games though - Spent 100$'s on PoE and happy about it. Have no problem with Indie devs doing it.

Blizzard has quickly changed from one of my most loved and trusted companies, to ones I expect to ruin games. It's so upsetting.

Ingame store is just another source of revenue for Blizzard, and it doesn't sell things that would affect your gameplay, just cosmetic stuff.
    As far as I am concerned, that's not affecting me in the slightest, and thus I am alright with it.
    Yes of course it does. That mount could have added gameplay. Could have been a rare drop. Could have been a reward - the list goes on. Instead they pop it on the shop for 20$...

If an MMO came on to the market today, that was B2P, Sub AND Item Shop, it would have been laughed out of existence.

Deleted
    Tbh, as long as ppl are paying for store products, why would blizzard stop? Do i think its silly, stupid or even that they put (like you said) more effort into these mounts? - Well yes ofc. As for the price.. 20Euro is not alot but i still think its quite overprice for a few pixels,
    Thats kinda why i'm waiting for %- off weeks (hurray)

Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    Unique and hard to find mounts are always better looking than store mount. Sky Golem,Invincible,Mimiron Head,Pheonix and many more.
    Sky Golem? Hard to find? LOL! I just got the thing after logging back into the game for 20k. All the other mounts you listed are indeed amazing. Mostly because of the way they are obtained, though.

Notice how none of the ones you mentioned (with the exception of the Sky Golem which is NOT hard to obtain at all, and is not a unique model), came with the last two expansions, when Blizzard really started to push the item shop. The Skyreaver would have been a Garrosh drop back in the day

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Etrigan View Post
    I was just about to get back into the game, then I saw an add for this mount as I opened BNet launcher.

Shit makes me sick. Very clear why the 'magic' of Blizzard is gone. It's their current attitude. Achieving a feat in-game gets you a re-skin of a 20 year old mount (sprinkle some armor on it), and the new unique models get shoved off to the shop.

This is my reasoning behind hating F2P games (Of course WoW is now Buy to Play, Sub and Cash Shop), usually items in the shop are of noticeably higher quality, than items you can get actually playing the game, more thought, effort and money goes into them. It doesn't have to be Pay to Win to be bad.

Works for some games though - Spent 100$'s on PoE and happy about it. Have no problem with Indie devs doing it.

Blizzard has quickly changed from one of my most loved and trusted companies, to ones I expect to ruin games. It's so upsetting.

Yes of course it does. That mount could have added gameplay. Could have been a rare drop. Could have been a reward - the list goes on. Instead they pop it on the shop for 20$...

If an MMO came on to the market today, that was B2P, Sub AND Item Shop, it would have been laughed out of existence.
    If a mount being for sale in the store ruins a game for you, that's really sad.

The mount funds gameplay
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Zabusasan View Post
    Remember that everything in this game is pixels. Gear or mounts what you fight for is still half cosmetic.

A unique mount is a win too-.
    No, it absofuckinglutely isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by ACES View Post
    Not cool? It's VERY cool! The fact that these unique mounts are in the store means they're easy +1s to your collection that you don't have to worry about spending time in game to get. The more store mounts the better if you ask me.

And just because the misinformed fellow above me mention it I've got to say: Your subscription gives you the right to log in and play on your account. Nothing more, nothing less. Your subscription does not entitle you to any content beyond being able to access your current expansion. Paying for things in the store is 100% optional and $25 is not a lot of money to pay once in a while on top of the already measly $15 we pay each month. Quite frankly the price we pay for WoW is a steal.
    Here's the problem: Subscriptions were made usually to fund servers. Normally, the subscription model for newer MMOs fail for them. But people are telling me that they prefer the subscription model just because you won't have content restrictions, yet I hardly believe it because more and more games lately have been pushing for microtransactions after paying a fee for the game. I never said that I hated expansions either, because I still believe in that philosophy: Expanded, newer, and epic. But I am highly against the cash shop. I have better ideas to spend 25$ on than some mount on the cash shop, which I feel is overpriced. And 15$ a month is a steal?

Okay, so you pay 15$ a month. There's 12 months in a year. So that's 180$ a year. On top of that, there are about 7.6 million subscribers as of the last quarter, still the most populated MMO in the market, which is still 114,000,000 a month, 1,368,000,000 a year. So no, it's not a "steal". The sad thing is, people will still fund for the mounts because it's a neat model. My bigger problem isn't the cash shop, but for how they're priced.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerdoz View Post
    Its a mount, it does not make you better, it does not make you go faster then on other mounts. I have the Fey Dragon, I bought the new one. But I do not care if they are obtainable in the game or has to be bought. I will join the whining army if they start selling gear or performance stuff in the shop.
    lol such a terrible outlook. Especially considering WoW has a retail price + subscription fee. Who cares if it's only cosmetic. Not to mention the prices are insane. They're more expensive than whole expansions.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainArlong View Post
    Yeah, I remember rolling my eyes at those people because their self-worth was tied into a video game.

No, they're not trophies, they're mounts. And I understand you perfectly. You see playing a video game as a grand accomplishment, I see playing a video game as playing a video game.
    Are you saying that providing a sense of accomplishment is not one of the main things MMO's were designed to do? Good one.

Notice how none of the ones you mentioned (with the exception of the Sky Golem which is NOT hard to obtain at all, and is not a unique model), came with the last two expansions, when Blizzard really started to push the item shop. The Skyreaver would have been a Garrosh drop back in the day
    Invincible and mimiron's head were not exactly hard to find as well if you played at that time.
    Cool though again to see in so many threads so many financial geniuses.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    The mount funds gameplay
    The subscription, and the price of the expansions fund gameplay.

Quote Originally Posted by cFortyfive View Post
    Invincible and mimiron's head were not exactly hard to find as well if you played at that time.
    Cool though again to see in so many threads so many financial geniuses.
    Did you play at the time? You needed to overcome one of the hardest encounters ever put into the game to get Invincible, and then be the person who your guild decides deserves the mount out of the other 24 people in the group. Comparable to spending 20k at the AH?

10+ Year Old Account
    lets take a moment to discuss all the posters saying "it doesnt affect your game at all" etc.

if mount/pet collecting is your favorite pastime in the game, then YES it DOES affect your game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Did you play at the time? You needed to overcome one of the hardest encounters ever put into the game to get Invincible, and then be the person who your guild decides deserves the mount out of the other 24 people in the group. Comparable to spending 20k at the AH?
    i can remember it was only 2 months before cata when the realm first for no lights 25 popped on my realm. and it wasnt until several months later when lvl 85s started grinding it that more mim's heads started showing up.