Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaosturn View Post
    He already indirectly pays the art team to create the mount by paying the subscription fee.
    Pay subscription to keep playing (inb4 "are you forced to play this game?") > x% of subscription fee goes to art team > art team creates mount > blizzard charges him for the mount again.
    So yeah, he essentially is forced to pay for it once, but can't obtain it unless he pays for it again.
    Do you believe the shop doesn't generate profit? Because that's what you are arguing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by reckoner04 View Post
    That doesn't really have anything to do with what I wrote. A separate team could still work on subscriber content instead of the store. Which still doesn't mean that that's what they'd do if the store didn't exist (maybe the employees would just get more vacation, would be laid off, whatever).
    I was agreeing with you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by Saafe View Post
    Cosmetic? Hehe Just wait and see darling!
    no need to wait.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...age=9#comments

but then what? you whiners are finally going to stop playing? well i hope so. then there will finally be peace on the forums.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zabusasan View Post
    I'm one of the people who are most likely not going to spendt bucks on the blizzard store. I wont stand up and shout about it, i just feel i am allready paying enough to blizzard as it is.

However. When it comes to mounts these days blizzard has taken a turn that i simply believe is god awful. All(and i do really mean all) the new mounts that they have worked that little bit extra on all comes on the store instead of being hard earned in game.

You might not all think that the fey(fairy?)dragon was the coolest looking mount ever, but its a very unique mount no matter how you look at it(personally i find it very cool).

I simply do not agree with this strategy and wanted to be heard.

How do you guys feel? Is it cool that the unique new mounts all come from the shop?
    I can understand why you don't like it, but it's not entirely true either. I think that giant, flying robot mount was pretty damned cool, and it's from Engineering. They should do more stuff like that.

Though in truth, you don't NEED these mounts. You don't HAVE to have them. So in a way, the complaint has merit, in another way it's irrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerdoz View Post
    Its a mount, it does not make you better, it does not make you go faster then on other mounts. I have the Fey Dragon, I bought the new one. But I do not care if they are obtainable in the game or has to be bought. I will join the whining army if they start selling gear or performance stuff in the shop.
    It's not about making someone better or faster. When you're paying for a game, you'd like to see that money put back into the game for yourself and others, not to be converted into more pixels that you cannot touch without opening your wallet once again. Our reward is grinding daily's for rep so then we can buy rehashed/reskinned mounts, while Blizzard goes balls out on shop items.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saafe View Post
    I'm usually not one to complain, but now I understand why so many people have left this game and it's only going to get worse.
    Because people expect an ever-changing MMO that's been around for 10 years to be the same for 10 years and that their wants and needs from such a game have nothing to do with how they percieve the game and what they want from it.

In short, people are too short-sighted and narrowminded to realize that no MMO like WoW will keep them playing forever and that the reasons for them quitting isn't all Blizzard, but also themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Pickynerd View Post
    It's not about making someone better or faster. When you're paying for a game, you'd like to see that money put back into the game for yourself and others, not to be converted into more pixels that you cannot touch without opening your wallet once again. Our reward is grinding daily's for rep so then we can buy rehashed/reskinned mounts, while Blizzard goes balls out on shop items.
    As covered a thousand times, shop mounts are rehash/reskin, too.
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaosturn View Post
    So yeah, he essentially is forced to pay for it once, but can't obtain it unless he pays for it again.
    He isn't forced to do anything. Purely his own choice.
    Stop trying to act like a victim, it's making you look like a spoiled child.

Where do you think the money from the mounts go then? Away from development? It's charity, or into Blizzard. Neither is bad.

Deleted
    Are the store mounts really that awesome that it's such a big deal not having them? I don't know about others, but I prefer my Blue Shado-Pan Riding Tiger and Red Flying Cloud over any mount on the store.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pickletusk View Post
    It doesn't matter if it makes you better or not, it's content you need to pay extra for to obtain. I already pay a subscription for the content.

I wouldnt be as bothered if they only released these mounts say every six months, and atleast 50% of the profits went to a good charity.
    So by that logic you should get at least one expansion for free because it's content you need to pay extra for to obtain. Hell, if you're subscribed to the game non stop every expansion should be for free because it's content you need to pay extra for to obtain. I like to treat content as something I can be a part of, not some flying pixels that look different from my flying pixles but fly at the same speed.

We pay for server costs, for people who develop and keep this game up. That's what s subscription is for and nothing else. We don't pay Blizzard to cater to our needs, we pay them so they can have the money to develop this game further.

When you go to a restaurant? Do you complain about not getting enough steak or potatoes on your plate because you paid for a meal and you think it should have more of a certain ingredient?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ViridianWRA View Post
    Ji-Kun Mount is a reskinned Phoenix.
    Heroic Garrosh mount is a reskinned Amber Scorpion (Klaxxi).

And... That's the exact attitude that was implied in the game before 3.3 when they added the first damn Store mount. When you earned things like the Raven Lord or Deathcharger, instead of buying them and suffering cheap, lazy reskins for achievements.
    Nope, it's not a reskinned phoenix. Just because they're both birds doesn't mean they're the same.

http://fr.wowhead.com/spell=139448#modelviewer:11+0

http://fr.wowhead.com/spell=129552#modelviewer:11+0

Quote Originally Posted by Wacomman View Post
    So by that logic you should get at least one expansion for free because it's content you need to pay extra for to obtain.
    Actually, yes. People were / are only tolerating paying for boxes while also paying for subs, because there was / is relative lack of alternatives to WoW, and because WoW has some good memories associated with it. That's not endless.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    As covered a thousand times, shop mounts are rehash/reskin, too.
    But 100% unique, in-game different color.

No matter how many times it has been covered, shop items have so much more work put into them.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zabusasan View Post
    I'm one of the people who are most likely not going to spendt bucks on the blizzard store. I wont stand up and shout about it, i just feel i am allready paying enough to blizzard as it is.

However. When it comes to mounts these days blizzard has taken a turn that i simply believe is god awful. All(and i do really mean all) the new mounts that they have worked that little bit extra on all comes on the store instead of being hard earned in game.

You might not all think that the fey(fairy?)dragon was the coolest looking mount ever, but its a very unique mount no matter how you look at it(personally i find it very cool).

I simply do not agree with this strategy and wanted to be heard.

How do you guys feel? Is it cool that the unique new mounts all come from the shop?
    Pretty soon, the way it looks like its heading at least, you will be able to buy all the in game mounts in the store...so it wont matter.

Deleted

No matter how many times it has been covered, shop items have so much more work put into them.
    Except for the chimera all the other shop mounts uses an in game skeleton.
    The shop items doesn't have much more work put into them, they just fit the mists of pandaria standards, you just have this impression because the latest in-game mounts such as the Iron Juggernaut are out of your range.
    The problem is that peoples on this thread compare the shop's mounts with with the mounts they could easily get with a bit of luck - the mounts that comes from previous expansions.
    The quality of the mounts in the store always fit the quality of it's time.

Deleted
    I am pretty concerned about the number of people who think its ok for Blizz to double dip into their pockets for content.

There is what I can only call a strong vocal group of people who are determined to accept this and slap others who disagree down.

For every store mount you mention had significant work put in, I can bring up 2 ingame ones. I already have in previous threads.

Love the fanbois defending their beloved Blizzard, who have managed to turn WoW into both a p2p and b2p game at the same time. Why people choose to defend a billion dollar corporation while they are being robbed by said corporation is a great mystery.

As far as the laughable notion that "its cosmetic, it doesn't effect gameplay," cosmetics are a huge part of what WoW is. Do you not consider the thousands of hours people spend running old and new content for transmog gear and mounts to be "gameplay"?

*~To change one's life: Start immediately. Do it flamboyantly.~*

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ShimmerSwirl View Post
    Love the fanbois defending their beloved Blizzard, who have managed to turn WoW into both a p2p and b2p game at the same time. Why people choose to defend a billion dollar corporation while they are being robbed by said corporation is a great mystery.

As far as the laughable notion that "its cosmetic, it doesn't effect gameplay," cosmetics are a huge part of what WoW is. Do you not consider the thousands of hours people spend running old and new content for transmog gear and mounts to be "gameplay"?
    The fact is that without the store thoses would simply not exist. The store is a way to put the content that doesn't fit in the game available.
    Paying 14 bucks a month for a games that ensure me several complete days of playing in the month, damn what a scam.

This "Bash blizzard no matter what" movement is really ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuragalolz View Post
    The fact is that without the store thoses would simply not exist. The store is a way to put the content that doesn't fit in the game available.
    No. It works differently. They do the items and from time to time someone decides "hey, let's sell *that* one for extra money". That's all. The bashing is justified.