Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mitbrandir View Post
    People have enough difficulty learning the very basics of the game through lvl 1-90
    Thats because 1-89 is nothing like raiding at level 90. you can easily get to 90 by pressing 2 buttons, would teach you anything about your class. The mentioned "DK-like" tutorial you will have to go through is most likely gonna teach you alot more about how to play your char than levling ever will.

You could argue that you learn a bit about tanking/healing while doing dungeons leveling up. So for the pre-ordered lvl 90s it's probably gonna make tanks in LFR even worse (or it might be that people that know how to play pick up a second tank charr and carry LFR). As for the dungeonfinder queues beeing longer. why? are you asuming that all the people that use 90boost are tanks/healers? I know I rather boost my dps charrs up and level a class that can tank/heal for faster queues. It's more likely dungeonfinder queues will go DOWN..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CalamityHeart View Post
    Dude, every level 90 is stronger than every level 1, whether it was boosted or not. However, any given boosted 90 will likely be less powerful that the average level 90 today that has done any raid content (LFR included). I predict the boosted 90 will be made with either 384 greens or 425 blues, something along those lines, gear for the leveling 90, not the raiding 90. If you've done any MoP endgame, it will be harder for the boosted 90 to survive in Draenor than it will be for you. There is no "win" in this "pay-to-win" boost other than the fact that you've skipped a lot of dead time that you would have spent trudging yourself through useless, cut-up, old, irrelevant content. Not much "win".
    Very basic definition of pay to win is that it allow you to buy character power. Leveling give your character more power, so buying levels is P2W. As I said it doesn't effect end-game, but that doesn't change it to some cosmetic upgrade you buy from item shop.

Hoping for Beta soon . Was expecting it weeks ago ;(

You guys complaining about this feature, saying that it is a disaster and will only bring more and more bad players should stop dreaming for a bit.
    Do you really think that levelling is what makes you a good player in the first place ? If so, you really didn't do any levelling recently.
    It doesn't give you any hint of how you should play your character.
    Plus, you can't even imagine how many players go through 1-90 using 2-3 skills and not even caring to check their new skills from time to time.
    And they are right to do so, seeing how easy it is now.
    However, introducing some kind of DK starting zone, kinda "forcing" you to learn how to use your spells, or at least take a look at them, this might be good after all.
    Well at least it won't be worse.
    Last edited by Captainkrabs; 2014-01-17 at 12:30 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    WoD release would be months away even if we already had the beta at the start of January... >_> If it goes live in August or before, it's faster expansion content too

yoeah fast datadisk release but siege of orgrimar it will be 10 months up, its like dragon soul 3/4 year one content without any new updates

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Getting a toon boosted to 90 is not P2W. What the hell do you win?
    Your time investment back, I put a huge value on that, so do others - it's why it's always lucrative and used in F2P games.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    Your time investment back, I put a huge value on that, so do others - it's why it's always lucrative and used in F2P games.
    i dont see any benefit on one character instant 90, with RAF you have 90 in one day too, btw i have 12x90 more like half year without any problems

My Shaman nods in approval.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tangers58 View Post
    Sigh... sounds like WoD is going to be strictly pay to win.
    That's true, if i dont pay i wont have lvl 90.. oh wait. i already have a lvl 90.

Oh wait, buying the game already gives you another 90.

And im probably the only person in the world who currently has ONE lvl 90.

10+ Year Old Account
    After reaching level 90 on my 12th char, I don't really see the issue with getting a onetime instant 90.

If you RAF, then sure. Leveling is quick. But if you don't use RAF, leveling is slow and tedious, and you might just want that extra alt to farm herbs for your main, etc.
    It's not gamebreaking.
    It's not "Pay to win", as you're not getting level 100. It's 90. It puts you next to the others.
    It's beneficial for the people who don't have time to level alts.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love the 1 level 90 you get when you purchase the expansion. It's a great chance to try out opposite faction and see how the new expansion looks on the other side, not spend hours leveling something up to 90 (even with leveling boosts it'll take a while probably). I can probably guess that for some of you it is not appealing, but I find it something to look forward to. Specially that I have never played alliance side ^^.

Unfortunately with my luck I won't be seeing any beta invites ever, I do wish for a rough release date though... Need to set my vacation before the end of this month x_x

archeage waiting for us!

Thoughts & Hopes

1) Hopefully if you pre-order a boxed CE (like from Gamestop or something) It'll have a code on the receipt that you can give to Blizz for your free 90.

2) Buying a free 90 I think is good. I've got a handful of 90's and want more and I am bored of leveling (especially through BC & Wrath content) but want to try other classes. I think they should be more than a mount ($25) but less than $50. I'm thinking $35 is a decent price. I'm paying for the time it would take me to level.

3) I hope they do the closed Beta for WOW differently than they did for Hearthstone. By this I mean don't give it to all of the Twitch, Podcasters & such and then a number of "normal" people, and slowly hand out more betas to the "normal" folks. I stopped listening to podcasts because they became so much about Hearthstone (a game I wasn't able to play at the time) that I just stopped listening.

I'll probably get either a Priest or a Pally with my free 90. Something that can do multiple roles (probably heal + dps). With the new gearing system, not having to collect 2 sets is a great bonus, and I've already got DK, Monk, Druid, and am working on Shammy (also have rogue, mage & hunter).

10+ Year Old Account
    Österreich or Austria for the english speaking
    why i have the feeling taht beta is right around corner .
    Last edited by Igzorn; 2014-01-17 at 01:58 PM. Reason: Grammer

I can't believe this community sometimes.

It's just like an angry mob of zombies lacking any sort of logic or reasoning spurting out hatred where ever they go like a swarm of locusts.

It's doomsday nearly every week for WoW according to those people, or they seem to hope it will be.

Do people forget this is a game? To have fun? WoW isn't your first born child.

Deleted
    I honestly don't know how I feel about buying additional level 90 characters. I know that I'm not going to use it as I have most classes at high level but people saying that you learn your class while leveling don't know what they are saying. I'm leveling a hunter now on my friend's realm and I'm in Northrend. Every single mob is dead after two arcane shots. How does that teach me how to play hunter if I don't even have to use other spells? It was the same when I was leveling my rogue. Everything dies after one ambush.

It's always funny how people hate on ideas like this by saying it doesn't give people time to learn their class. This is World of Warcraft, it is nowhere near being a hard game to learn. If you can't learn a class in an hour, something is wrong.

It's always the people that believe they should be special, and since they put time into leveling up a character, others should have to as well. Deal with the fact that life isn't fair. How anyone can make it past the age of 15 and have not learned that lesson, I don't understand, well, unless you're completely spoiled and have never had to work a day in your life, and have been given everything you've ever desired. Somehow I don't think that kind of person plays WoW as they're probably flying around the world on their rocket hoverboard.

Oh good looks like the expansion's coming out on July...

I just read the 'buy level 90' bit, and I was like. "Oh.. Ouch. This is not going to go well."

It personally wouldn't affect me, but I can understand that some people have different thoughts about it. Furthermore, this is yet another step in 'paying for stuff'. That slippery slope argument people keep using? Blizzard is starting to justify it more and more, imo.

Deleted
    no do not do it blizz plz