Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    i kinda hope it gets to the point they start selling gear... i hate having to do raid finder with other people, just because i need a sword instead of a stupid polearm.

I figure if they're going to give one 90-powerup, they might as well offer it through pay-option because they're right that people who want to do that will just buy multiple expansions.

I understand the feeling that it may belittle the 'accomplishment' of others that have spent time to actually level their characters, but when it comes down to it, it's not that big of a deal. Like others have said, how does someone else using the power-up personally affect your own gameplay? I've got lots of alts but am nowhere near the cap (which is like, what, 50?). Sometimes I might make a toon to level, sometimes I play my main to crush and dominate, sometimes I play a different toon that's leveled to run around and quest/raid/whatnot, sometimes I might want to pet battle or go brawl. There's plenty of options and, I feel sure that more options are coming.

Those who powerup to 90 don't affect me. The way I see it, they're missing out on fun times, not me. And, if you're not enjoying what you're doing, then why in the world are you playing the game? Huh?

There are plenty of ppl who lvled a char from 1-90 and have no clue how to play that class. It's not the time you put into playing with your char but how much skill and, yes, intelligence you have. If you want to play a class right you might inform yourself before creating that class. Many don't, they one-shot nearly everything due to heirlooms, so I don't think insta-90's will hurt the game. There maybe even more skilled players in the game afterwards because some don't want to spend their time lvling countless alts.

awesome i can't wait to spend all my money $$$ i hate lvling woot woot!

I'm looking forward to a huge bump to rogue, the banker, so she can open lock boxes without leveling properly. Combo points annoy me.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i kinda hope it gets to the point they start selling gear... i hate having to do raid finder with other people, just because i need a sword instead of a stupid polearm.
    Please, no. You are missing the entire point of an RPG; progression, immersion, being two key factors. Not actually playing the game, and paying for an e-peen does not exactly qualify as either of these. When it DOES get to that point, what is the point of even playing the game? At that point, you are basically paying to have a digital avatar. Improve gameplay, stahp breaking immersion, stay with real progression. Somewhat off topic, but I actually prefer progressing through multiple raid tiers, instead of progressing through the same raid tier in 4 difficulty levels. Seeing the same content is somewhat meh, and I feel that has been lacking since WotLK. Still enjoy the game though

I don't think it is going to be the huge draw Blizzard thinks this is going to be.

I have done so many free boosted character events. The problems is I get so many skills, maybe boosted gear, maybe not and no idea where to go or how to play or connection to the gaming community.

In one game I played I remember thinking I wished I had leveled traditionally cause I knew I would of had a better time learning the game and all the skills.

Now Blizzard's leveling/dungeon experience is so easy that it happens that you can go 1-90 and not know what you are doing. But at least there is a slow introduction to skills in the leveling process that eases the player into being semi-competent in the tool set and arguably too slow atm.

If they made the boosts go through a starting zone like DKs with a faster pace of skill introduction but still slowly introducing the tool set of the class, I think the experience of boosts would be much improved.

10+ Year Old Account
    Österreich or Austria for the english speaking
    Quote Originally Posted by Hendor View Post
    I stopped playing in Cata, didn't buy Mop. If I get WOD for a free boost for my 85 to 90, do I need to purchase Mop?
    from a business standpoint ......$YES$.

10+ Year Old Account
    well the pay to 90 has to be under the cost of the expansion, or people will just buy expansion. I'm gonna say 20-35$ for the auto 90

pay 2 win line officially crossed.

"but it's ok cause blizzard is a business and they want to make money!"

fanboy ethics 101.

why dont we just sell gear? we already have welfare epics, mounts, and soon instant level 90 characters.

the new generation of gamers is so lazy it makes me sick. do they pay someone to wipe when they go to the washroom too?

im hungry! maybe I can get someone to feed me grapes.
    Last edited by Moradim; 2014-01-17 at 06:10 PM.

but arent we steering into p2w territory? pay gated content, and a paid level boost, which is essentially an XP boost from p2w games on steroids.

is that appropriate, or acceptable, for a sub model game?

Quote Originally Posted by Moradim View Post
    pay 2 win line officially crossed.
    What exactly do you "win"?

Please elaborate?

Quote Originally Posted by Dawnseven View Post
    Sorry, I think @Talonkaine has a point. I have 15 90s myself. Do I think I'm a special snowflake? No. Do I care whether or not you (or anyone else) is impressed with my feat? No. But like Talonkaine I've worked my ass off to get those characters to 90 and level their professions (and work their freaking farms every day LOL) and it belittles the personal sense of accomplishment when you suddenly change course and let people drop a few dollars to get the same level.

To throw in some George Costanza ... "it's not you it's me". I don't give a fig if you have 15 90s too. It doesn't hurt my feelings or make me a lesser player. It's just nice to know that if you DO you probably worked for it just as hard as I did.
    Except they can't drop a few coins to get to the same level. Just think about it, this won't be available until level 100 is standard. What you're doing is the equivalent of bitching about people being able to pay for level 80 or 85 characters with no professions or gear or achievements or quest progress or gold. What does it matter to you at all that someone has a lot of level 85s?
    Shahaad , Kevkul
    <Magdalena's pet>

I know i won't buy a lvl 90. With heirlooms and guild bonus you can reach max level in 2 or 3 days if you want to. And i find leveling relaxing.

Can't wait for more beta news!

Deleted
    You may now pay to skip content!

Why don't they actually invest more in questing making it significant instead of boosting to max return Silver and golden quest mobs at least.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just a comment to all those complaining about people having to learn the new class. If WoD is anything like MOP, everyone will have to learn their class anyway. I've been a demonology deadlock, so I get to relearn my class every expansion. So it doesn't matter about new 90s

Deleted
    So after years of protecting the game against people exploiting levels and using level services they do this.
    Hey kids - pay money to spend less time playing a game you are paying to play.
    What does it say about their content if people pay money to skip it?
    And people said you will never be able to pay for an in game advantage.

10+ Year Old Account
    in Limbo... damn the Wi-fi is expensive here...
    Quote Originally Posted by OmniSkribe View Post
    Why don't they actually invest more in questing making it significant instead of boosting to max return Silver and golden quest mobs at least.
    It's not boosting to max... just to 90.. there are still 10 levels to go when WoD arrives... far too many people are forgetting this