Page 2 of 37 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    It's not ended, if anything it's just beginning. We have yet to see valor boosts and extra lockouts being sold, so there is plenty of wiggle room left.
    Didn't they have that, all you had to do was pay for a server transfer till a guild abused it to get the lead in a tier.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post
    so yes... this is SELLING MAX LVL CHARACTER.
    oh god, max level it's so hard and impressive to achieve /sar

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post
    Didn't they have that, all you had to do was pay for a server transfer till a guild abused it to get the lead in a tier.
    yes which is proof that blizzard aren't going to be allowing that otherwise they wouldn't of stopped that guild.

Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    Selling level 90s impacts you how, exactly? I'd say most people already have 90s of all the classes they want, not like leveling takes long, it's just incredibly boring and redundant.
    And this is the naive attitude that has ruined most things in this game.

Oh... I'll finally have a lvl max rogue <3

Never manage to get a level max Rogue since vanilla T_T. So boring to level it up.

Homophobia is so gay.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    That's not even remotely selling them.
    HAHA! They are selling 90s as part of WoD, of COURSE it's remotely selling them, they are just part of the package for now....you just wait they will sell them seoon enough lol
    Let's make America GREAT again. Trump 2016.

The community whined and bitched and cried, they stamped their little feet and demanded faster expansion releases. They don't get to complain now that expansions are shorter.

Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    Selling level 90s impacts you how, exactly?
    Comparing it to selling gear is stupid, because they're totally different. Selling level 90s when the level cap is 100 only exists to save time so you don't have to do more pointless level grinding which isn't fun to begin with. Selling gear that actually impacts the end game and impacts how you play the game at max level is completely different.

That being said, I wouldn't personally care if they sold LFR gear or honor gear, since neither of those really matter in the true end game of heroic raiding and high end arenas/RBGs. But I don't think they ever will, even though it wouldn't be that bad if they did.
    its another step in basically making the game Pay to Win. There has been a trend starting with server transfers and then escalating to faction transfers. Blizzard is just making it so people dont have to play the game any more. Also your last line is just disgusting. You seriiously dont think it would be bad if they sold gear? Whats the point of even playing then. Its just the same as the retarded ass RMAH in Diablo 3. You just buy your gear and then what? Theres nothing left to play for. The only people who would even do something like pay for gear are the terribads and they cant raid past LFR .

Quote Originally Posted by geewhiz80 View Post
    I couldn't care less even if they were selling level 100's, since I'll never buy one it doesn't affect me.

But it does effect you. It affects everyone.

Micro-transactions as a whole, will have a societal impact that will slowly deteriorate at the very fabric of the quality of the game.
    Last edited by ablib; 2014-01-17 at 04:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    oh god, max level it's so hard and impressive to achieve /sar

- - - Updated - - -

yes which is proof that blizzard aren't going to be allowing that otherwise they wouldn't of stopped that guild.
    It is for some, who have limited time to play this game, which imo is a good thing that they're finally doing this. But the OP's point that this is being sold is correct.

And even though they did fix it, it was there in the first place and required a service purchase to achieve. There wasn't a glitch involved, just a simple purchase(but during the race it was noticed... finally)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lovecrafts View Post
    HAHA! They are selling 90s as part of WoD, of COURSE it's remotely selling them, they are just part of the package for now....you just wait they will sell them seoon enough lol
    That's not the same thing and the OP pointed out the difference. He said that they're officially selling them AND giving you one in the expansion. They have not said they are; they've only done a little bit of research into the possibility which doesn't mean it'll happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilly32 View Post
    its another step in basically making the game Pay to Win. There has been a trend starting with server transfers and then escalating to faction transfers. Blizzard is just making it so people dont have to play the game any more. Also your last line is just disgusting. You seriiously dont think it would be bad if they sold gear? Whats the point of even playing then. Its just the same as the retarded ass RMAH in Diablo 3. You just buy your gear and then what? Theres nothing left to play for. The only people who would even do something like pay for gear are the terribads and they cant raid past LFR .
    No it isn't. This is equivalent of giving you Tier 6 gear during Wrath of the Lich King.

As for your D3 argument, people bought weapons and armor in D2. All Blizzard was trying to do was try and get their cut.

That's not the same thing and the OP pointed out the difference. He said that they're officially selling them AND giving you one in the expansion. They have not said they are; they've only done a little bit of research into the possibility which doesn't mean it'll happen.
    "Research" aka "will we gain enough money to make up for the subs we'll lose?"

Kinda like them wanting to charge for Real id

That's not even remotely selling them.
    Maybe not, but what about the new front page post? Yeah, its still being "tested" but it kinda blatantly states...

• Blizzard will be testing allowing you to purchase a character upgrade directly.
    It may not be happening yet and it may never happen, but we can at lest state that Blizzard is experimenting with the idea of selling character upgrades.
    #GarroshDidNothingWrong #TeamLightboundGarrosh
    #EXMVP

Selling almost-max level 90's is a good thing, and I applaud Blizzard's decision. It will only generate a larger player base for end game. In spite of the weak argument that they 'won't know how to play', leveling doesn't teach anyone much about how to play their class at max level.

Hey look, a slippery slop fallacy "BC WAS DA BEST!" thread.

Who cares if they sell character level boosts. That certainly is not pay to win, and never has. Try harder next time.

2/10

Quote Originally Posted by notorious98 View Post
    No it isn't. This is equivalent of giving you Tier 6 gear during Wrath of the Lich King.

As for your D3 argument, people bought weapons and armor in D2. All Blizzard was trying to do was try and get their cut.
    no blizzard was hoping this would stop 3rd party sites selling them, it didn't work so blizzard has stopped the RMAH and legendaries are now bind on account so 3rd party sites cannot sell that gear any more. so no sorry it wasn't about blizzard making money it was about stopping the botters and sites, and if items cannot be sold, how can those sites sell anything?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Hey look, a slippery slop fallacy "BC WAS DA BEST!" thread.

2/10
    /highfive exactly what i thought lol, makes you cringe.

Quote Originally Posted by The Ogdru Jahad View Post
    No. Look at it this way, imagine never playing an MMO, and knowing WoW is the biggest, are looking to get into it. But wait, Wow has, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 expansions. Thats beyond daunting to any new player. The free level 90 is for those that want to start at the new content that they're buying the expansion for and get right into the action.

There will be very few long time players actually paying for a level 90, they know the ropes of the game and for the price, the time it takes to level really won't be that big of a deal.
    Agree with what you're saying for the most part. Only thing I disagree with is that long term players will level just because they know how to do it efficiently; 25 USD isn't that much (0-3 hours of work before taxes) and reasonable enough to pay to skip the days/weeks it takes people to get to 90 via leveling. I'd probably be interested in doing this just to get the last few classes I still don't have leveled or made to 90 so that will cost me less than 100 USD ASSUMING leveling in WoD isn't as bad as Vanilla to MoP has been.

No they're not. Don't make things up.
    Oh, here's the "Super Moderator" to defend everything Blizzard does.

Check this out. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/124...port-1-16-2014

Bolster the Ranks.

"We’ve also heard feedback from players that they’d be interested in boosting multiple characters to 90, including alts they play with friends on other factions and realms. We’ve been evaluating ways to make that possible without having players go through roundabout methods (such as purchasing multiple boxes and performing multiple character transfers), and in the near future we’ll be testing out a feature that gives you the option to purchase a character upgrade directly."

Quote Originally Posted by Zannis View Post
    Selling almost-max level 90's is a good thing, and I applaud Blizzard's decision. It will only generate a larger player base for end game. In spite of the weak argument that they 'won't know how to play', leveling doesn't teach anyone much about how to play their class at max level.
    There's also the concern that the lack of investment in having spent time on the character will fail to trigger the "sunked cost fallacy" response that keeps people throwing investment at something to justify what they've already spent. Who knows what would really happen, but it certainly isn't as simple as boosting people and retaining the players.

Sigh..

I'm sorry but.. the over-reacting never ends, does it?

Does everyone seem to forget this is a video and not a lifestyle nor a life choice?

This is simply.. depressing.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilly32 View Post
    ERMAGERD

Server transfers -> faction transfers -> pets -> mounts -> sub-max level toons -> must be raid gear P2W next!!!111

Because obviously convenience -> convenience -> vanity -> vanity -> convenience is a trend pointing towards selling player power.

P.S. I would love an RMAH in WoW. You heard me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.