Poll: Paid 90 Character Levels: Support or Oppose?

Page 10 of 54 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Support, I love leveling to experience the lore, the content and everything that is related to leveling but it gets boring really soon after that, the second alt may be just about okay but starting with the third, I get irritated and just want to hit max level. Love the idea, an extension towards Level 100 might be cool IF the leveling in WOD turns out to be just like MOP, too tedious in my honest opinion.

That being said I find it stupid to claim that people won't know their class after buying their way up to level 90. You don't have to learn your class in order to reach maximum level already so there is no real different right there, right now.
    Last edited by Chrotesque; 2014-01-17 at 02:58 PM.

Support. The only requirement for leveling is time and a pulse. Everyone reaches level 90, even the worst players in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Eclipsed1234 View Post
    Oppose. I don't like buying power for real money in a game with a subscription model.
    How is having a level 90 character equal to "power"? Being level 90 is not power. It's not like you buy a level 90 character and suddenly you have power. The worst player in the world could buy a level 90 character, but he's still the worst player in the world. Nothing about buying a character to 90 indicates that the player himself becomes better/stronger/faster.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Seems like the community is now fine with P2W, how we have deteriorated.
    Explain how it is pay to win and not pay to catch up? Without using idiocy.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

Seems like the community is now fine with P2W, how we have deteriorated.
    Considering leveling takes all of a couple days and has nothing to do with end game, gear, loot, or raiding, I don't see how it's "pay to win." That term gets thrown around a lot by people who don't even seem to understand what it means.

Pay to Win would be buying Thunderforged equivalents of the highest raids. Being able to buy the best armor and weapons, etc.

I prefer leveling myself, but if they're making it available with purchase of the expansion for 1 character, they've already identified a way to work around it, so a more direct option makes sense.

I'd personally prefer to see a Paid 90 have a simple restriction of already having the class at 90.

Faroth here is a level 90 NE hunter, but I would like to play and see some things from Horde side so allowing me to buy a level 90 Horde hunter would be convenient.
    But I don't have a level 90 warlock on either side, so not allowing me to have a paid 90 warlock would be okay with me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gangplank View Post
    Support. The only requirement for leveling is time and a pulse. Everyone reaches level 90, even the worst players in the game.

How is having a level 90 character equal to "power"? Being level 90 is not power. It's not like you buy a level 90 character and suddenly you have power. The worst player in the world could buy a level 90 character, but he's still the worst player in the world. Nothing about buying a character to 90 indicates that the player himself becomes better/stronger/faster.
    Maybe they should take their insta-90 into Battlegrounds or Arena and prove how powerful they are and prove how WoW is pay to win?

I'd also say raids, but ilvl won't let them in to begin with, I'm betting.

Deleted
    Support.

You learn the game properly in the endgame with every spell available. For the most people, including me, questing/dungeons got really boring after the 5th toon, but that's just a personal feeling. I play for the endcontent, that's what I like about this game and this option just supports my way of trying different things out. Well as long the price is reasonable.

I doubt it will affect the game for others that much because when WoD comes out you still have to do those 10 levels.

This is such a great Idea. There are soo many people that want to try wow that have never played, or have played but dont want to go through the level grind. This has a good chance of solidly boosting wow subs and therefore having more people to play with. This is a good thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    They have Deathknights and Monks for this sort of thing. As well as Scroll of Resurrection. I understand one toon per account, or maybe one toon per faction per account, but anything more then this takes away from the game. Took me forever to hit 70 in TBC and get my first epic ground mount. I road that for days on end!

NA - Dominiko#1777(BN) Dominiko#5315 (D)

Assuming the cost is around $30 or so, I support it. The game doesn't start until max level, the leveling process is just one long obnoxious speed bump that I am all in favor of skipping after my first or second time through an expansion. Most of my MoP alts have leveled strictly through LFG because I just can't stomach the questing.

Leveling is the ultimate form of success in this game
    No, raid gear is.

I 100% support character upgrades! I would love it if they did away with the whole leveling system all together. I only have one level 90 for the pure fact that I don't want to spend my time leveling when I could be doing end game content with friends.
    Last edited by Kitty Claws; 2014-01-17 at 02:55 PM.

Support: Though WoW does have a fairly expansive section of the content devoted to leveling, its focus has always been endgame.

Casually(2-4 hours a day) I can level a character from 1-90 in about a week. Gearing that character for current content and enjoying that content, maybe another 6-10 weeks.

Trying alternate content out if I get bored with my focus? another 6-10 weeks of casual play.

20 weeks or so is about what they are pushing for with patch cycles, and pvp seasons.

The only people group this will really effect adversely are those without an extensive friends or guild lists. Those that run exclusively on matchmaking content may be held back until the new people learn to play better.

It doesn't personally affect me, and I don't oppose it. So I guess I support it. Perhaps, if it's not super expensive (it probably will be) I will use it to jump ahead to 90 because I've leveled several characters, and I .. y'know. I've gotten acquainted with the leveling experience more than enough to be "OMG THIS IS NEW AND EXCITING. I'M SO GLAD I LEVELED A CHARACTER."

On the flipside, I can very much see why people think this would lead to P2W. Why? Because people have predicted a pattern ever since the pet shop in WoTLK, when the first pet was released for sale. That pattern is being followed by Blizzard, so I can't blame them for being nervous that it will lead to P2W. In a way, Blizzard is, time and time again, actively justifying the existence of the whole "P2W Slippery Slope" argument.

People should also remember that an instant-90 character goes through a starting experience similar to DK to unlock abilities and learn what they do, etc.

Leveling is the ultimate form of success in this game.
    I like my current signature too much to swap to one where people quote the dumbest stuff they've read recently and use it in their signature; but this is the first time I've been tempted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Well firstly you can stop focusing on 1 word and start understanding the meaning of the phrase. Pay to Win means your paying a premium for an advantage over other players. Leveling is the ultimate form of success in this game, you cant get anywhere without leveling, but even that assessment is irrelevant, because regardless of what I think about paying for leveling.

You are still paying a premium to get an advantage over everyone else, you are paying to win. Too many people (whether they are english speaking natives or not) focus on the one word at the end of the phrase, instead of looking at the bigger picture.

Edit: Succeeding in this game doesnt just boil down to HC raiding or PvP fights.
    Bolded the part that shows you really don't know what you are talking about. Getting to level 90 doesn't mean you are successful. It means you spammed a couple of buttons for 90 levels. Grats!

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends on how new players where introduced to the game after boosting straight to max lvl (or close to). For existing players it wouldn't matter much either way.

And what would it mean for those who chose to not boost to 90 or whatever, but instead choose to lvl the ordinary way ?
    Zones and dungeons would be even more deserted than they are, eventually people would feel "forced" to boost a character in lvl.

I would likely boost my alts if I could, exceptions being classes I really don't know well enough. Who I prefer to lvl from scratch, even if it sucks after having done it so many times.

Oppose. A different solution would be to simply cut the amount of exp needed again, like they did back in (I forgot). Or maybe we could have paid to 55 (or 60 cause it sounds nicer with a rounded off number) since DKs start at that level anyways?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lochglen View Post
    I am wondering if Blizzard are going to give the Alliance the 5 mounts because the worgen have running wild, the horde have 5 new mounts , i just think they should balance it out, how say you all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post
    hows about you give half your money to africa because you have more than them, and it's not balanced
    no? didn't think so

Quote Originally Posted by Eclipsed1234 View Post
    Oppose. I don't like buying power for real money in a game with a subscription model.
    So a level 90 character in dungeons blues is buying power?

OT: I support it, simply because regardless bad players will be bad and it would mean I could skip the shit I don't care about doing for the seventh plus time. I have six 90s, and the reason I refuse to make an alt is simply because I dont want to level up. I can't wait to start playing my monk.

Quote Originally Posted by Hb View Post
    Support. Cuz questing is boring and I think the vast majority of players play for endgame.
    Nope. Really don't speak for people you don't know. I don't like endgame. Raiding... ugh. I like the world and questing a lot more.

And on topic: I can't vote cause it all depends on how they implement it.
    If they implement it though, the world will be empty .

So... oppose I guess...

Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    "I want to pay you more money, so that I can completely skip this content that I just paid you for".

Next we bring you cinema customers paying extra so that they can leave the film that they just paid to see.
    You mean "Next we bring you cinema customers paying extra so that they don't have to look at all the promotional ads before the movie, so they can instantly enjoy the movie."