Warrior peeling advice needed!

So, here is the situation.

I play 2s with my girlfriend who happens to be a discipline priest and before you say anything, yes I know it's normally better to play 2s with two dps' as the fights are shorter, especially as we only play for cap.

So our team consists of: Arms Warrior (Me) and a Discipline Priest (gf)

It seems that matches where it is me who gets attacked we will do fine, most of the time even win, however if there comes a situation when the opposite team goes on her we are screwed and do not get me even started on teams with Death Knights on them, they are just ''yeah lost'' kind of thing.

I wish to improve constantly even if it just me doing PvP for cap and fun, so I am wondering what I am doing wrong:

Usually if she gets attacked I use the following:

Slows (got the talent), going away to charge, disarms and fears as a melee pops CDS like for example paladin with wings = Fear or disarm, sometimes both due to bubble.

Anyway regardless of that we seem to lose most of the time, am I really screwing up that badly or is it just that discipline is weak when they are being focused in 2s?

Ps: We are not fully geared, however got latest weapons with enchants etc.

A healer is especially hard to catch in arena by a melee when they have someone peeling for them. I would wager a couple of things are going on, the first being that she is probably not pillar humping correctly. What I mean by that is I have coached some healers on their movement around the pillar to avoid melee because they swing too wide around the pillar and leave themselves open to slows, stuns, grips, etc. A good healer will be able to stick very close to a pillar as they move around it and basically make it pointless to try to get to them, especially if that melee has a slow on them (you peeling for her).

You can practice this with her by actually flying to one of the arenas out in the world and basically just chase her. She will get better and it will be easier when you guys are doing it with no pressure and then talking about how you caught her, etc. Plus it would be a fun activity the two of you can do.

The other thing that I think might be happening is what I call healer panic. Some healers don't matchup offensive and defensive cooldowns correctly. Playing on my mage I have gotten healers low on health and then they pop defensive cds, not realizing that I don't have any more damage to do to them. They would have been better off using defensives while I was using my offensives instead of waiting until they are low health. DKs do tons of damage normally, and playing a DK myself as my main I can tell you that generally if we are training a healer I will try to save my gargoyle and stun for when they are low or have used a CD and I can draw them into the open. While you are learning I would get an addon called GaldiatorLOS. It will call out with voice when players are using cooldowns or CC. It basically makes it easier for players who can't focus on the field and everyone's buffs and debuffs at the same time to be aware when the opposing team is going for big damage. It will queue her in that she needs to run and LoS or use a CD or that you need to peel really hard for her.

Last thing, just because people are attacking her it does not mean you need to use all of your peeling skills right then. You want to match up your peels with their big damage, and not just spam it because they are connecting with her. Remember, on some comps the best way to peel as a warrior is to mess up the other team and force them defensive.

Great, Great answer. I really appreciate it.

We will go to an arena and try to see how her pillar humping skills are, and where there is room for improvement. I never really thought of doing that, but it sounds fun and sensible to do, great suggestion there.

Healer panic might very well be a thing, and we'll discuss that with her after getting this answer, along with getting the addon you did suggest, at least for the learning phase. Thanks for the headsup about it.

That might indeed be my issue, using my peels too early / when they are not needed and thus not saving them up for when there might actually be a situation that requires the usage of them, I will keep an eye on that from now on.

Overall this gave me a lot to think about and to discuss with her, in good atmosphere (I hope ), thank you.

And to be fair Disc is the weakest PvP healing spec in the game atm. Holy has a much easier time coping with melee training because of the large amount of instant casts it has available, lightwell providing a large amount of passive healing, and because Guardian is arguably a far more potent CD then Pain Supp for dealing with huge burst. Make sure she's running the Inner Fire glyph, and get her used to using feathers. While it may be a bit beyond her current play level, try and slowly introduce her to the concept of juking interrupts by starting a flash heal and taking a step forward after ~0.5s. Install Gladiatorlossa to make it easy, as it'll announce the kick, which is her cue that it's safe to start casting big heals for the next 10 seconds.

Make sure you safeguard the big burst and pop rally to prevent the kill. Also, Shockwave + Stormbolt is going to be far more effective here than Bloodbath Brostorming. It's obviously less damage overall but playing heals/dps in 2s you're playing the long game anyway.
    Last edited by crsdfr; 2014-01-19 at 02:14 AM.

My guess is that your girlfriend is just "bad", no offence.

I had "trade healers", without skype, tank DPSers, with minor peels from me, at 1800-1900 mmr.

Again, I mean no offence to you or your girlfriend.

Quote Originally Posted by Lafdet View Post
    Great, Great answer. I really appreciate it.

We will go to an arena and try to see how her pillar humping skills are, and where there is room for improvement. I never really thought of doing that, but it sounds fun and sensible to do, great suggestion there.

Healer panic might very well be a thing, and we'll discuss that with her after getting this answer, along with getting the addon you did suggest, at least for the learning phase. Thanks for the headsup about it.

That might indeed be my issue, using my peels too early / when they are not needed and thus not saving them up for when there might actually be a situation that requires the usage of them, I will keep an eye on that from now on.

Overall this gave me a lot to think about and to discuss with her, in good atmosphere (I hope ), thank you.

Be sure to let us know, in great detail preferable, how the humping sessions went. Sounds like you are going with Piercing Howl which is good, but if you slow them either with bloodbath or hamstring, then staggering shout will root them allowing your priest to get away safely. I like to BloodBath+Bladestorm+stageringshout - nothing they can do but trinket to get out of the damage, then you can follow that up with a fear/disarm etc.
    “What was God doing before the divine creation? Was he preparing
    hell for people who asked such questions?” - Stephen Hawking