Poll: Would you be in favor of an "instant travel" system in WoW?

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Would you be in favor of an "Instant Travel" system in WoW?

Blizzard has removed flying for at least the first major tier of WoD. We all know that. Several people complained about this, but most are in favor to have this change, and also most want it for the entire expansion.

That being said, what if they implemented a fast travel, or instant travel system? So as long as you got the "waypoint" in that zone, or "waypoints" you could instantly portal there (with a short cast time) from where you were based off the map, paying a little gold in the process?

Kinda like how Diablo 3 works with the bounty system. You can pretty much teleport to any waypoint, or player that you choose. But in WoW you would have to discover the waypoint first, or perhaps they could do a little quest event to unlock each new waypoint you encounter.

You would still have your mounts, and you could still travel with them (on the ground) if you so choosed, but you could take the convenient way through fast travel if you wanted as well.
    Last edited by Jaylock; 2014-04-15 at 04:23 PM.

No, I much rather just have flying.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Trouble is then everyone would be screaming that they ripped off an idea from GW2.. But in all fairness taxi birds are fine they have been fine for the last 10 or so years..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    No, I much rather just have flying.
    It would be more convenient and faster than flying.

If we are indeed grounded for an extended period of time I'd take Wayshrines/Public Portals in a heart beat.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    I don't like flying because it's fast or convenient. I like it because of the view I get of the landscape. Land mounts don't capture it right.

10+ Year Old Account
    Absolutely no.

I'd rather the just sped up the Flight Paths a little bit, made them more convenient as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't like flying because it's fast or convenient. I like it because of the view I get of the landscape. Land mounts don't capture it right.
    Agreed, and flight paths don't let you stop and enjoy a view. I voted other. I'd rather have flying.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    But the governments of Azeroth and Draenor would go broke having to hire all those extra portal mages.. lol

You know what else flies over landscapes, taxis

I've been thinking about this for a few days and without trying to invent something new this seems like the best thing to satisfy both camps.

People who want to travel/explore/get raped by mobs on the road can do that and those who want to fast travel somewhere can use the wayshrines ( because lets face it flight paths take to much time compared to other ways).

Also something I was pondering with is to have a limited time per day when you can use your flying mounts. I don't know exactly how it would work but imagine something along the line you activate a "buff" your spellbook and you get a whole hour a day to fly. ( time would be adjusted of course, it could be half an hour or how much blizzard wanted.)

And I mean a whole hour of flight, the timer will only drain when you use the mounts, it wouldn't be a one hour buff and if you use the mount 15 minutes and then you, lets say, make a dungeon and the timer expires you loose the buff until 24 hours pass.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandapuncher View Post
    You know what else flies over landscapes, taxis
    I think sums it up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaen View Post
    Agreed, and flight paths don't let you stop and enjoy a view.
    Flight paths are just not the same for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VoodooGaming View Post
    I'd rather the just sped up the Flight Paths a little bit, made them more convenient as well.
    This could also work. I am just trying to give the no flight whiners a compromise to think about, that even I would enjoy as well.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    This could also work. I am just trying to give the no flight whiners a compromise to think about, that even I would enjoy as well.
    I think it is because of the areas one can explore that you can't do via a ground mount.. Maybe this is why Blizz are doing this so they don't have to do all that extra little bits type of thing in zones that made them feel more than they actually were..

Deleted
    I wouldn't mind it. It serves the same supposed purpose as flying mounts do in a more efficient fashion without damaging gameplay the way that FMs do. Maybe don't give every town one, just one or two major locations per zone.

No. Instant travel takes players out of the game and turns the game into an excessively large and complex Arena/Dungeon/Raid/Battleground selection interface.

I also prefer no flying.

Deleted
    Instant travel scrolls will be sold in store eventually.

Other.

I'd like there to be more "teleporters" like the one at Shrine that takes you to the Barrens. (Alliance only?) I don't want full GW2 style "I can go anywhere at any time within seconds" convenience but if I'm going to have to go through a loading screen anyway, take me to the specific region I want to go to.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

10+ Year Old Account
    No. One of my favorite things about WoW is how big the world feels when you're in it. Instant travel turns it into nothing but a series of points of interest.

I think way too many underestimate the overwhelming negative effects that an overload of "convenience" can bring to these types of games, and it's sad.