Poll: Do you think Blizzard will someday sell heirlooms in the Blizzard store?

Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Do you think Blizzard will someday sell heirlooms in the Blizzard store?

I could see it. The gear only applies to older content, for the most part, and it seems to go hand in hand with buying an insta-90.

Some might decide that, instead of insta-90'ing my mage lowbie, I'll just buy some heirloom cloth and level it the old fashioned way.

No, just let us buy them with in-game currency...

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    No, just let us buy them with in-game currency...
    Hrm... what about buying currency in the store then? Cut out the black market.

They could sell the lastest tier raiding/pvp gear in the shop and around 75% of the forum would say it is ok. The newest paradigm on these forum is that anything below 90 is the devil and paying to avoid it is cool.

If i was Blizzard reading these forums i would go to town. Alar $50! Tier 3 gear $50!. New character updates!! $50 per race!

Quote Originally Posted by Deadite View Post
    They could sell the lastest tier raiding/pvp gear in the shop and around 75% of the forum would say it is ok. The newest paradigm on these forum is that anything below 90 is the devil and paying to avoid it is cool.

If i was Blizzard reading these forums i would go to town. Alar $50! Tier 3 gear $50!. New character updates!! $50 per race!
    Cosmetic tier sets of old isn't so far from the truth.

I know a pally or two out there who would pay for a judgement set without the need to run all the vanilla stuff each week.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't support the in game store at all. I hate it, but these items got item store written all over them. They should be in the store next patch. It only makes sense.

I strongly suspect they will because its an entirely feezable option, that said, they probably wont give every piece of item as heirloom, maybe necklaces, since they havent been done yet.

Doesn't really make sense when you can buy near-maxlvl chars for cash...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzo View Post
    You can get a full set of heirlooms in an hour. If you have decent gear you can actually solo the heroic dungeons in a short amount of time. The bosses have less HP then the brawler's guild ones.

This is just personal expirence, so I know everyone may not have the gear, but on my warrior I plow through everything haha.

I got a full leather + cloth heirloom set WITH trinkets and weapon in just 2 hours.

Each heroic taking approx 5-7 minutes.
    Not if you're new to the game, or on a new account for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzo View Post

I got a full leather + cloth heirloom set WITH trinkets and weapon in just 2 hours.
    Can you write a guide? I can only enter 5 instances an hour while solo.

Quote Originally Posted by YumYum View Post
    Doesn't really make sense when you can buy near-maxlvl chars for cash...
    Pretty much my thought as well. If anything I think the store will get any type of vanity items. Like transmog sets, toys, mounts obviously. Once you can spend money on + any stat. That's were I draw the line.

Quote Originally Posted by SL1200 View Post
    Not if you're new to the game, or on a new account for some reason.
    If you're new to the game...why would you need fast forward through content you've never seen before..?

Yes, either within WoD or starting during the expansion after the entire game will be pay to win.

Deleted
    Lol, nope.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by robsdow View Post
    Yes, either within WoD or starting during the expansion after the entire game will be pay to win.
    Oh look, a forum troll! Can i keep it , Mom? Pleaaaaaaaaase?
    Also: Getting heirlooms is easy enough as it is, try getting one SINGLE shoudler heirloom back when it was first released. No lfg. Heroics were actually something. It would take you a fuckload of normals to get them.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sceptical, but only because paid 90s and XP potions are already implemented under-the-bonnet, so heirlooms would seem redundant.

More extensive cash-shop Transmog options seem more likely, since those are extremely powerful/popular in most other Cash Shop MMOs.

Quote Originally Posted by Aegislash View Post
    Oh look, a forum troll! Can i keep it , Mom? Pleaaaaaaaaase?
    Also: Getting heirlooms is easy enough as it is, try getting one SINGLE shoudler heirloom back when it was first released. No lfg. Heroics were actually something. It would take you a fuckload of normals to get them.
    Heirlooms are the least of your worries if you believe that the WotLK heroics were difficult.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post
    Heirlooms are the least of your worries if you believe that the WotLK heroics were difficult.
    Good luck trying to solo Wotlk heroics back then as any class ( or god forbid gutwrenching stuff like Pit of Saron which was a no-go zone for PuGs )
    Compared to heroics in later expansions when they were outdated but still in the same expansion..yeah, WotlK heroics were harder. See where i'm getting at? At some point i can clear a dungeon in 1 min on my Hunter by just looking at my screen angrily.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nah, don't think so. With instant level 90, heirlooms will become obsolete. Why buy gear to level faster when you can just buy the levels for the same price?

Edit*
    Also, what is wrong with your choices? Blizz is already selling gear on the store, but for cosmetics. And heirlooms can hardly be considered P2W and are not seen as controversial so that would make your choices pretty unrelated. Blizz only cares about end-game content when mentioning PVE/PVP gear. lower level/old gear does not interest them as those are not relevant to the current game anymore. Just a stepping stone they've already done and are through with

If instant level 90 wouldn't come to fruition, I would've loved so see some heirlooms being sold. But honestly, I think they'd rather do what they've done with all their heirlooms so far and sell them in-game. But blizz wouldn't see this as controversial (or P2W) and I don't think any player with a brain would either. It's to level faster. If you want to get to end-game faster, you can buy the gear and do so.
    Last edited by Isoge; 2014-01-18 at 01:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadite View Post
    Only makes sense really. There's no gameplay before 90 other than mash whatever one skill you have that does the most damage. I literally leveled my Hunter from 85-90 using only Multi-Shot. Yeah, that's really cool gameplay there, but it is the fastest way.

I wouldn't really care if they sold hoonr gear or LFR gear honestly, neither matter in the grand scheme of things, though I doubt they ever will. As for the heirloom gear, that does make sense. It's incredibly easy to get a heirloom set, but some people are lazy and would rather spend 10-15 bucks and get it that way, so might as well allow it.