Page 44 of 45 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by b4dcrc View Post
    Thanks for the laugh. So one thing is sure, you know nothing about the games intent at the time of creation and are just looking through your pink tinted goggles. The game was ment to be accessible from the start and got ridiculed for it by the other MMO's at the time and they just followed on with that line of thinking and kept the game accessible for everyone. LFR is nothing, it's intent is to be there for people who don't want to invest the time but still want to see the flow of the story and personally i think that's a good thing. Encounter wise it's got nothing to do with real raiding and with flex, normal, heroic everyone can find their own spot of difficulty if they want to experience the real raid.
    So you get angry because everyone gets to see the raid and you are not a special snowflake anymore? well BUHU. If your ego gets a dent because of the way OTHER people see the content then it's time to get over yourself. If you say that you won't do the content anymore cause you have seen it in LFR then a) you haven't seen it cause LFR is missing a lot of the mechanics and b) you are raiding for your digital penis to be bigger than others instead of raiding because it's a challange and fun thing to do with friends (which in hero and normal it is).
    Actually he was right. WoW was agame with integrity up until some point in Wrath. Then it became just another game. People like to say how it has always been casual and accessible, but if you say that then your purposely being deceitful because casual/accessible now are MILES different than then.

10+ Year Old Account
    People like to say how it has always been casual and accessible, but if you say that then your purposely being deceitful because casual/accessible now are MILES different than then.
    Actual casual players are great for any game, whereas entitled casual bad players are a cancer for any game, especially if they're catered to.

Quote Originally Posted by Santoryu View Post
    Actual casual players are great for any game, whereas entitled casual bad players are a cancer for any game, especially if they're catered to.
    And I'd say a person wanting to be able to afk through the final boss fight in the game is the epitome of entitled.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon138 View Post
    And I'd say a person wanting to be able to afk through the final boss fight in the game is the epitome of entitled.
    Yes, exactly.

Sucks even more when they are no-lifers that call themselves casual in order to get the mindless content they want while also complaining that there isnt enough to do despite spending 40+ hours in the game and then claim they dont have time to raid. Just think of how ego sensitive a player is that effectively lives in WoW and takes it serious enough when others who spend less time in the game and are more social get ahead of them.
    Last edited by nekobaka; 2014-01-25 at 07:20 PM.

Deleted
    Just focus on heroic while others do LFR. I don't see the issue. LFR is for people that can't stick to set hours/raidtimes, and heroic is for the people that can / are good enough to do so. Let people enjoy what they want. Just because someone else is enjoying something that doesn't require as much "effort" as you and still getting loot, doesn't diminish any rewards you get.

Quote Originally Posted by Dutchmagoz View Post
    Just focus on heroic while others do LFR. I don't see the issue. LFR is for people that can't stick to set hours/raidtimes...
    MoP has shown this to be utterly bullshit given the time investment that players find themselves spending in LFR now which is longer than I spent progression raiding back in BC. PuG raiding has always been there for those who do not want to schedule or play with the same set of players every week. The difference was up until now players didnt have a cross realm option especially for the realms with too small of a raiding interested population. Players had been asking for such a system all the way back in WotLK.
    Last edited by nekobaka; 2014-01-25 at 08:19 PM.

It's been several years and multiple expansions since the introduction of LFR. It's safe to say it's here forever. You hardcores have fun shitting up your little fansite bitching about it. It's pretty clear that what you think doesn't matter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    The game just sucks... If blizzard didn't add all the stupid features that they did and made sure PvP/PvE had the highest priorities like they did throughout vanilla/THC, the game would still have a flourishing community. The only reason the game is turning down hill, is not because it's old, but because they changed the game drastically. They barely added shit to the game prior to wotlk, but as soon as wotlk hit shelves, blizzard was adding something new to the game every content patch. While LFD might have been cool on paper, blizzard didn't think how it would affect communities. As soon as LFD hit, all blacklist's went out the window and all those assholes were free to roam again. Prior to LFD, assholes were put in check due to black lists... someone would start a gruuls raid and as we're all about to enter, someone might point out that blah blah blah ninja'd or pulled a boss early etc... that person then gets kicked and replaced w/ someone who doesn't have a bad reputation. Pugs were doable on NORMAL DIFFICULTY prior to wotlk because not only did the average player have more skill, but players who wanted to try could do so w/o having to deal with noobs or assholes. WoW used to be amazing because it was not over done and any issues were easily fixed by the players.

I could honestly make a 20 page rant about how I quit and how the game used to be amazing... and not a single reason would be due to nostalgia. I still play WoW to this day, but only on TBC private servers that allow me to relive the amazing moments.
    I see some assumptions based on nothing really, and some things that aren't true. Communities, there was never such a thing. Most dungeons and raids were done within guilds or by people that knew other people, it was never a community, it was just a close inner circle of people. LFD made the queues a lot shorter, no longer did you have to search for someone for several hours, and travel to the dungeon only to find out that someone's house was on fire. Yes, blacklisting isn't possible anymore but the convenience that LFD brought far outweighs looking for a group for several ours within your server.
    Pugs have always been doable given the right players, that has nothing to do with Wotlk or whatever happened then or after it.

You're looking at the past through some rose colored goggles I think. I've been playing since Vanilla and I'd never wanna go back to that time. Yes, the game is easier, but it's also more accessible now to a wider audience. The positives outweigh the negatives imho.

- - - Updated - - -

No I haven't, for 2 reasons: 1. I can't be bothered running yet another iteration of the same dungeon after LFR, Flex and Normal. 2. The stuff gets nerfed anyway and all the titles/mounts are still available in the next expansion so there's really no point.
    You just made your point invalid.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jna View Post
    Imo, WoW, like any other Blizz game was/is supposed to be accessible for big crowds. But the problem is how far this accessibility can go and if it can compromise the quality of the game in some way.

Personally, I think wow is still a great game, because while they may have made some wrong decisions, they have improved other aspects. So overall, I think the balance is positive.

That said, I miss a part of the RPG feeling in WoW, today a lot of players are like "just give me this", "just give me that"... I like the extra attention for casuals (I'm a casual), but they need to take care to not overdo this.

Ofc, being too RPG heavy to the point that my char will need to pee and eat every 3-4hours won't be that fun (in WoW scope). But I feel that today some things in WoW are too "express", "fast and straight"... But who knows, maybe they bring some new good things in WoD..
    I understand to an extent what you mean. Wow has become more accessible, perhaps to easy in some ways, but the difference between LFR and Normal modes is quite big. Not to mention heroics.
    Last edited by Raysz; 2014-01-26 at 12:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Snorlax View Post
    LFR started in Dragon Soul so it's really only like three raid tiers in.
    Oh yeah, I forgot, LFR only came in at the end of Cata.

Half a year after subscriptions had already started to tank.

It's funny how all the "DURRH GUYS LFR MADE SUBS GO DOWN" crybaby hardcores always seem to forget that too. Gosh, I wonder why Blizzard doesn't see it their way.

Quote Originally Posted by Alayen View Post
    Oh yeah, I forgot, LFR only came in at the end of Cata.

Half a year after subscriptions had already started to tank.

It's funny how all the "DURRH GUYS LFR MADE SUBS GO DOWN" crybaby hardcores always seem to forget that too. Gosh, I wonder why Blizzard doesn't see it their way.
    Literally all 7 of your posts have been immature bullshit. Say something useful or just go away. No one has blamed LFR solely for sub drops.

Quote Originally Posted by miffy23 View Post
    You fail to realize though that for example duels don't deter people to do arena, they motivate them to - the same thing only better, with actual cool rewards? Awsome! Same thing with BGs - there is a significant step up from "common" BGs to rated BGs in terms of motivation. However as a new player, the motivation and path from LFR to Heroic is much less clear or enticing. Which is why there are so few, if any, heroic raiders that began in MoP. And that is the issue, not LFR itself.
    They removed tier 2 pvp gear so the only motivation for pushing rating is fun. Its glad or bust at the moment. Pver's get heirlooms, titles, mounts, and achievements. There is no reward for doing well in pvp outside of the gladiator mounts. You can grind for all the gear in random battlegrounds.
    Last edited by worstpvperus; 2014-01-26 at 05:11 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by worstpvperus View Post
    They removed tier 2 pvp gear so the only motivation for pushing rating is fun. Its glad or bust at the moment. Pver's get heirlooms, titles, mounts, and achievements. There is no reward for doing well in pvp outside of the gladiator mounts. You can grind for all the gear in random battlegrounds.
    Except for heirlooms PVPers get all these as well - unless u already have ALL of them, which is the equivalent of having completed all heroic raiding tiers when they were current.
    My point was that the existing PVP elements outside of Arena and Rated BG don't deter new players from going there, in fact they motivate to. As a NEW player who doesn't have a full set of last season's gear, getting the better gear is very enticing, and going for premade PVP groups is also very rewarding and fun for people that enjoy PVP.

You could argue the same for PVE, but the fact is that the jump from LFR to anything more organized and challenging is very abstract and hard to make for new players, which directly affects the influx of new raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by miffy23 View Post
    Except for heirlooms PVPers get all these as well - unless u already have ALL of them, which is the equivalent of having completed all heroic raiding tiers when they were current.
    My point was that the existing PVP elements outside of Arena and Rated BG don't deter new players from going there, in fact they motivate to. As a NEW player who doesn't have a full set of last season's gear, getting the better gear is very enticing, and going for premade PVP groups is also very rewarding and fun for people that enjoy PVP.

You could argue the same for PVE, but the fact is that the jump from LFR to anything more organized and challenging is very abstract and hard to make for new players, which directly affects the influx of new raiders.
    Random battlegrounds reward conquest there are no reasons to even go past them. Once you have conquest gear its either push for gladiator or quit.
    Last edited by worstpvperus; 2014-01-26 at 08:07 PM.

Deleted
    A lot of people missed the whole point again.
    LFR allows people to see the end content , but on the other hand discourages other people to aim for normals or heroics.

This happened to me : I started playing again with the mindset of doing normals or maybe push a little bit more and do a bit hc . So I leveled a new toon , geared him up for LFR in no time , went to LFR , got a few pieces and finished the LFR content. At this point if i want to join a raiding guild and have a chance on anything I should probably get fully geared wih LFR purples . I did my LFR runs every week and after a point I got bored.
    I simply lost the willpower to try and do normal raids. Its just the same sh*t but harder and with better loot. Many people get discouraged to continue after they practically experienced everything.. There is nothing to really keep people focused on raids...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by worstpvperus View Post
    No pver's get heirlooms that let them get an advantage in wod. The pvp heirlooms don't offer that. They are fun but all of the gear can be gotten without ever stepping foot in arena or rated battlegrounds. There is no better gear outside of conquest which is obtainable through random battlegrounds. The jump from random battlegrounds to arena is huge a lot of the players in 1700-1800 bracket are former 2400 players. Pver's get all those rewards for doing flex which means you are decent. To get any decent rewards from pvp you have to be a glad or go home.
    Considering the beta for WOD hasn't been released you have no idea what heirlooms will be offered.

AS it stands the only heirloom available past 85 is a PVE weapon. None of the heirloom gear worked in mop, pve or pvp.

Well if you want to play with a community that's more social as opposed to anti-social just play on Moon Guard lol (just read the first couple of posts in thread)

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    Can anyone help me? After I saw this video it got me worried....because I was thinking of coming back in Draenor...but if things will be like this I really don't know anymore.

VIDEO: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFWh9aY4pas

min 3:35 (may the trolling begin)

Are things this bad? Can ANY player no matter how bad they are be able to do 100% of the content (Heroic modes not included).

I don't play the game for a long time because how things were in Pandaria. Easy accessibility and easy content for everyone removed my will for progression and willpower to continue playing. That and a community that was getting more antisocial by the second with Instanced content being the top priority at the moment. No more Socializing in the open World ( the Isle of Thunder made hoping for more content with pvp encounters and social gameplay in the world....)

Can someone plz get my hopes up for Draenor? :C

Mod-note: Fixed your link.

Well first let me get the elephant out of the room about online games being social...

That is pretty much getting close to dead, in many games, not just MMOs. With really only forums, like this one, keeping an actual social aspect to the game. The only REAL social MMO I remember playing was Star Wars Galaxies, but in that game you HAD to socialize with people since everything in the game was ran by the player base. (shops, towns, buffs, etc). While sure, in most MMOs you have raids, dungeons, battlegrounds, etc, from my experience of doing said things from City of Heroes all the way up to SWTOR, you really don't run into people wanting to be social. The thing is, social people will look for other social people. People searching for guilds will look for guilds, and people who don't care will continue on not caring.

If a player sees fit that all they wish to do is LFR, dailys, and a BG every other day, then that's their prerogative. I have friends, and including myself to where the real world comes a calling and do not have the time to do nearly as much as we'd like, but we still have opportunities to enjoy said content that doesn't require as much time and effort, but obviously being rewarded with less quality in comparison to people who do normal raids and rated BGs.

In the end I don't think things are that bad. Flex, normal raids, heriocs, etc are still done. There are guilds still being social, still doing hard content, and still dedicated to the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    I don't care! Are you telling me a player that does NOTHING can complete 99% of content in this game? And there are still no World social interaction? Did Blizzard said anything to counter this in the future? Im not that well informed about things atm....
    will be even more so in WoD by about 10x ... if you are thinking about coming back in WoD but are distraught by this then don't, they want to make it even easier and more accessible to baddies and will.

- - - Updated - - -

the only thing even nominally challenging still in the game is heroic mode raiding, and even that is far more challenging due to the getting-everyone-to-actually-show-up-consistently-and-have-a-full-group-boss rather than the actual content.

Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    Considering the beta for WOD hasn't been released you have no idea what heirlooms will be offered.

AS it stands the only heirloom available past 85 is a PVE weapon. None of the heirloom gear worked in mop, pve or pvp.
    Yeah I do Garrosh drops heirlooms that work from 90-100.

http://www.wowhead.com/item=105685
    Last edited by worstpvperus; 2014-01-26 at 07:59 PM.