10+ Year Old Account

Post (BIO) Plague Master Verfallen Korper

Undead Name: Verfallen Korper
    Living Name: Lebenden Korper
    Race: Mechanical Undead
    Class: Plague Doctor

Languages: Most any.

Faction: None

Personality: Verfallen, in life, was a man true to his job. He would never decline an offer for a job, believing anyone in true danger deserved the right to his prowess, regardless of how rich or poor one man was. He was kind, friendly, very social, and was very happy with where he was. He never did worry about his love life, deeming it unnecessary and, as stated by him, "Just another distraction from my work."
    Lebenden, his true name, grew relationships with his patients to fill the void of love. He made small chat with his patients before he began his procedures, not only to calm the patient, but for interaction with the outside world. Lebenden wasn't an outside man, he enjoyed his time studying while not aiding the public, so he relied on the information given by his patients to understand what was happening outside of the walls of his home.
    In death, he was much different. Without his previous thoughts, emotions, or even instincts outside of surgery, he was literally designed for just reassembling the Undead, which rendered emotions null and void. Verfallen, if he could, would've felt happy with his life working for Arthas. He was designed for two purposes, Surgery and Murder. Which he cleverly combined when he was free from Arthas' grasp. His voice is low and robotic.

Likes/Dislikes: As stated previously, Verfallen as the Undead Mechanism you know now is incapable of enjoying anything other then the work he does, which is Reassembly of any Race. He also has a certain fascination for various Plagues, Poisons, and curing the living of their own weaknesses by turning them into Undead. To him, it doesn't matter if you are Blood Elf, Orc, Human, Draenei or Pandaren; As long as you have limbs, you can become part of the Undead, regardless of how it comes out, it will be acceptable.
    Lebenden, on the other hand, had similar interests. But, unlike his Undead counterpart, he actually cares for the well-being of his Patients. He does not force procedures on others, he simply offers them to the patient. He was a very likable Doctor, so he was trusted, as mentioned in his Personality. Verfallen, however, did not care whether the victim lived or died, most of the time, he outright TRIES to kill them.

Appearance: In life, Lebenden wore a white, shiny robe, with a yellow embroidered border along it's sides. His hood covered his balding brown hair, and a thin beard, but it was just barely noticeable. He carried around a Scythe, usually holstered on his back, and is rarely used, since not many criminals broke in. It was mostly used for Self-defense in case of a break-in.
    Verfellen, being a Mechanized Undead, is comprised mostly on artificial bones and skeleton, being powered by, to common knowledge, an unknown substance. All that is known is that it is hot to the touch, and cannot be extracted without killing Verfellen. Most of his original body is still within the husk, but it is disgusting and decayed, even for an undead. The husk mentioned is a deep green hue, with silver lining. His metal mask has sharp horns on either side of his head, with glowing eyesockets to simulate sight for him, but he views everything in green, but has taught himself to understand most common colors of common objects and races, despite this disadvantage. His mask also resembles that of a Gas Mask, but the two cylinders that would previously regulate breathing are capped by two spike-rimmed plugs, and in the middle is a small cage that regulates breathing. When he speaks, the mysterious substance is expelled, but it quickly fades.
    A similar cage can be found on his chest, where his power supply is, in a sense. It burns brightly, and is bolted shut with Hardened Elementium Bolts, and can only be opened by the owner, when the bolts are tapped in a specific order, in rapid succession. This is so the owner may refuel himself, should he be running low on the essence.
    His shoulderpads bear the likeness of a skull, expelling similar gas found in the two cages. This gas, for reference, is like Green Fire, and when expelled, lets out a green puff of gas.

((For Reference: http://www.wowhead.com/transmog-set=427#. Just in case you don't get a good enough picture))

He still bears his father's Scythe, but with a few alterations. On the back of the bladed part of the Scythe, is a giant Skull facing the opposite direction, missing a jaw. It has fangs, and is purple. It's eyes glow a haunting yellow. The bladed part of the Scythe is more jagged and rusty, and he uses it not only more often then in life, it's how he starts many of his procedures.

Strengths/Weaknesses: Verfallen is a merciless killer, but usually will not kill on sight. He prefers a more gruesome, horrific death then a quick and painless one. He usually gives someone a nonlethal disease, but with the effects of one (e.g. Dizziness, Nausea, Heartburn, etc.) and will offer his services. When they are taken to his lab, he would give them the cure, but not tell them. He will then force them onto the table, strap them down, and preform one of his many deadly surgeries. After he's had his fun, he would then rebuild the corpse to his liking, usually a few fabricated and robotic limbs for those who's limbs didn't make it, and couldn't be reattached. The newly risen corpses would have their memories blanked, and not remember what happened. They would be dropped off near a city, and they would never see 'The Good Doctor' again. In a way, he is mysterious, and is difficult to track down, but if you managed to, it would be like fighting a normal Forsaken, with normal Forsaken disadvantages, but with steel-plate skin, and instead of aiming for the brain, aim for the chest with something to douse the energy.

History: Lebenden, in life, was a doctor of secrecy. His tactics, though effective, were highly dangerous and risky, but managed to pull it off. His mind, though partially corrupted and, some may say, insane, his ideas of medical and surgical procedures were unmatched. His patients, though knowing of this mental illness he had, believed in his work, and all came out, for the most part, working and functional. He socialized with his patients, for it was the only thing keeping him sane. Their talks of war, crime, love and heartbreak, allowed him to do his procedures with ease, and keep himself from killing someone, accidentally, of course.

Despite his many attempts to hide himself, he was found by a Guard, and busted in the middle of a heart transplant. The Guard was shocked by the amount of blood and the crudeness of his tools. The room was poorly lit, the only light coming from a few candles by the patient. The surgical supplies mimicked that of silverware and construction supplies. Lebended was wearing goggles, holding a diseased Gnomish heart in his hands. The replacement heart was in a wooden box, that read "HEART" in red "Paint" (At least he hoped it was paint) on the side. The Guard, disgusted, demanded the Doctor end this monstrosity.

The Gnome, as well as all the other patients, were sent to a Priest, to be healed up. As for Lebenden, he was sent to the Stockades for illegal and illegitimate surgery on the sick. Lebenden was given dirty rags to wear, and he feared he would stay there forever.
    Until one of his patients, another Human, demanded that Lebenden be released. I quote, "Lebenden, though having a crude procedures, has kept more people alive then all the Alliance ever could! You have no right to lock him up in a cell!" The guard, however, was unfazed. He kept telling the man that Lebenden could've killed many with how he was handling things. But just at that time, a Priest came running down the steps of the Stockades, yelling that one of his patient's body was shutting down, his internal organs were bleeding, his brain activity was growing less and less by the second. They were only keeping him alive via powerful healing spells, but they couldn't keep him alive forever. Lebenden arose, and stated, "Did someone call for the doctor?"

The Guards decided that they didn't have many options, and allowed Lebenden to operate on the dying patient. The man, who turned out to be the same Gnome he was operating on, appeared to have been given a powerful poison that slowly shut down the body. "The only way to allow him life," Lebenden said after much review of the patient, "...Is to replace the poisoned blood cells, that are eating away at his insides, with healthy ones. Do we have any healthy blood?" The guard, hoping the Doctor knew what he was doing, gave him a bag of blood, taken from a unnamed donor. "Very good. Now, we will drain his body of 60% of his blood. Priest, you'll need to make sure he stays alive. Keep a steady stream of health channeled to the patient." He took a needle that was attached to a tube and stuck it up his arm. The tube went straight to a giant jar, that had markings on it that read 10%, 20%, 30%, all the way to 100%. The blood was sucked out slowly, as to not shock the patient.

The jar filled up to 20%, and the guard asked, "Mr. Korper. Are you 100% certain this will work? He'd only be surviving off of 30% blood, and he's already internally bleeding, so he'd be losing more and more by the second, doing this might mean his death!" Lebenden laughed, "My friend, I have never done anything I know would kill someone. Remember, I've done this before, without healers. So far, I've had 120 patients, some even more severe then this, and they've all survived. So yes, I am 100% certain." The guard, still worried, attempted to stay calm and nodded.

When the jar reached 60%, the Priest began to channel a powerful holy healing spell on the patient. The gnome, lightheaded, could barely speak. Lebenden looked at the Jar of blood, and took a gun-like item from his pocket. It had two barrels, both having a clear glass-like cylinder in the middle. He began to suck up the blood, green liquid filling the left barrel, blood filling the right. "What... is that, Mr. Korper?" The guard asked. "A Detoxinator, my friend. It sucks up the bad blood in one barrel, and the good blood in the right." Lebenden explained, as he continued to suck. "Well, hurry it up. We don't have much time." The guard pushed. Lebenden simply laughed, and continued his process.

Finally, he was done. about 40% of the good blood was sucked up, as well as 20% bad. He removed the bad blood canister, placing it on a nearby counter. With the good, the front of the barrel became a pointed needle, and he shoved the blood swiftly into the Gnome, returning most of his blood in a split-second. The gnome, miraculously, stood up and coughed, then saying, "I... I'm alive! Thank you, Doctor. I wouldn't've made it without you." Lebenden laughed, "Well, it's what I do best. You'll be mostly running on 80% blood, but, with weekly checkups, you'll be back to 100% in... give or take 3 weeks." Lebenden smiles, and looks back at the guard, "...Assuming I can be let out of the Stockades, that is..." the guard sighed, "Lebenden, you are a crazy, mad and unstable human being... but gods be damned if you can't bring back a man from the dead. I couldn't keep you in here... but, I would be a bad guard if I didn't give you a requirement to go see a psychiatrist at least once a day for 7 weeks. It's only mandatory for a man of your... mental state." Lebenden nods, "I understand. If you ever need me, you'll know where I am..."

Lebenden continued his work, no longer under the fear of the Alliance Guards finding him. He was offered more advanced equipment, but he declined. It's not certain whether it's due to his partial insanity, or the fact that he liked a challenge, but he refused to work with the top-of-the-line Medical Equipment. He got paid, and he used it to buy herbs, mysterious objects, and other items of interest. These objects, though few had anything to do with healing the sick and wounded, aided in ways that not many could even think of, let alone use safely. Lebenden, through the hours of 4-5 p.m., on Sundays, would stop his work, and visit his forced psychiatrist meeting. The Psychiatrist learned much about Lebenden and what went through his mind, but we cannot go through all of his meetings, due to the length and detail (And this has gone on longer then it should).

Lebenden eventually grew a liking to the Guard who he met, and they had a few discussions while neither were busy. They became quite friendly. The Guard's name turned out to be Andrew Kale, father of a 9 year old daughter, husband of the priest who aided in Lebenden's operation with the gnome.

During the age of the Lich King's return, Lebenden heard Andrew was being shipped off to a remote camp in Icecrown with some other soldiers, and Lebenden offered his expertise to the mission. Andrew, fearing Lebenden might not be the safest to bring along, was skeptical. But, after much convincing, Andrew had no choice, and allowed the Doctor to come along as a healer.
    The camp was pretty out in the open, but protected well. Six other soldiers other then Andrew were there, and Lebenden set up a temporary covered tent and operations room. However, after a few months, the Guards had yet to hear back from the Captain. The soldiers were getting cold, and their deaths might've seemed inevitable. But Lebenden, being the resourceful doctor he is, did what he did best. He determined that most of the soldiers, even Andrew, were corrupted with a plague. Lebenden equipped a Gas Mask, and took in the first patient.

Less then an hour later, the Soldier left the tent. His eyes were covered by a white sash, and was told to not remove it until told. He then called for the next patient, and the next soldier entered the tent. Similarly, thirty minutes passed, and the Soldier left with a blindfold. What was strange, is that it seemed that both could see perfectly well past the blindfold.
    The rest of the soldiers, though skeptical, were reassured by Andrew that Lebenden knew what he was doing. They all entered, and left thirty minutes later, all with blindfolds, all sitting where they used to sit. All that remained was Andrew, who walked into the Tent, seeing nothing but blackness. When a light blasted on, he saw blood on the operating table, more then he expected, a bloodied bucket on a counter, that was filled with blood and... eyes?
    "Hello, Andrew. The doctor will see you now." Lebenden closed the drapes to the tent. Andrew was shocked at what he saw, "Lebenden... What is all this? What did you do to them?" Andrew asked Lebenden, "I freed them. As I will you from your eternal agony." Lebenden forced Andrew onto the table, and strapped him down. Andrew, now angered, roared, "This... this is insane!" Lebenden simply chuckled, "It's what I do best."
    It was apparent now, as Lebenden removed the eyes of his old friend, his insanity had caught up with him. It had been many months, but Lebenden could no longer handle it. His mind was completely gone.

When Lebenden finished up with Andrew, he put on a bloody red sash around Andrew's eyesockets. He injected Andrew with a weak reanimation formula, which gives the target similar to that of zombies. When "Andrew" awoke, he rose slowly, and got on his feet. His entire body, though only being dead for a few minutes, already had the look of decay. Lebenden left the tent, and saw many armed Alliance Soldiers, his zombies were still sitting down, doing nothing. An Alliance Commander emerged from the crowd, and stated, "Lebenden Korper. For the vicious murdering and reanimation of 7 Alliance Soldiers, you are under arrest." Lebenden laughed, "Good show, commander, good show. But you fail to realize my potential. Remove the blindfolds!" At that moment, all the Zombies removed their sashes from their eyes, revealing their empty eyesockets. They locked on to the Alliance Soldiers and attempted vainly to strike them down. The Alliance Soldiers slaughtered them all with ease, as well as Lebenden, who joined in the assault. His body was left for dead, as well as the entire camp.

However, "Andrew" managed to escape the assault, and made refuge in a nearby cave. For many weeks, he hid. Waiting for someone to find him, and finally, someone arrived. A team of Forsaken managed to find "Andrew", and he led them to Lebenden's fallen corpse. "Andrew" was still capable of speech, though could only speak in short bursts, he told the Forsaken, "This is... my master... he... reanimated me... can you... rea-.. reanimate him..?" The forsaken, unfortunately, did not have the capabilities to reviving a corpse this decayed. But they could rebuild him, with some of the spare parts they found in Ulduar. They took what they could, and gave him to a team of expert scientists. It took them many months, but they managed to rebuild Lebenden, whom they have done the liberty of renaming 'Verfallen'. The new robotic body was nearly complete, and when they powered him up, the flames in his chestplate began to burn brightly, his eyes released a blast of green light before conforming to regular eye shape. He slowly began to breath normally, as the green gas puffed out of his mini-grate around his mouth area. "...Where am I..." Verfallen asked. "Home." One of the scientists replied.

For a few days, Verfallen had to relearn certain abilities, such as speech and his surgical training, though that only took a few minutes before he got the hold of it. Verfallen seemed more calm then any of them expected. Verfallen, one day, told "Andrew" that they needed to leave. The Forsaken, though sharing many similarities, were too safe for him. Their strategies were flawed, in his opinion, and he didn't much care for it. So "Andrew" and Verfallen stole one of the Forsaken Skeletal Warhorses, and fled the area. Not before leaving a homemade Flesh-eating poison as a farewell present. None of the Forsaken who stayed survived.

To this day, nobody knows where Verfallen went afterwards. Sometimes, in some Horde capitols, you can see "Andrew" walking about, with a blindfold on. Verfallen, however, is hard to tell where he is. Some had reported missing spouses, children, and even pets, who all returned home, if they did, with a red Blindfold over their eyes, pale skin, and are reported to be less social.

However, "Andrew" still does not have enough evidence against him to link him to Verfallen, but it is theorized that they work together, "Andrew" kidnapping the unknowing victims, and Verfallen doing the dirt work, while "Andrew" returns them to their general location.

Note: Please bear in mind that I'm not very good with the Strengths and Weaknesses portion :/ So I expect there to be some flaws there, and in some other areas. I would be glad to explain some things that you genuinely cannot understand, or you think is lorebreaking/RP-breaking. I was never a master at these things. Hope to see your feedback!

Lebenden's Psychiatric records: <Coming Soon>
    Last edited by Nekrotix; 2014-01-27 at 10:42 PM. Reason: Finished up the History
    Isn't it fitting WoW really took a nosedive after 'the Cataclysm'?

10+ Year Old Account
    Something I noticed right away was that his history is apparent with your earlier descriptions. His personality gives an idea of character, and you seem to repeat yourself when going into further detail.
    As per his method of execution, perhaps he should have a disguise? Most beings wouldn't trust a Forsaken doctor considering their already dismal medical record. Maybe the robotic parts can help.
    Normally, A robotic body would be a little over the top, but I see you've added a substantial weakness, the chest. I think this is a good idea and this character would be a fantastic villain.
    As a whole, my critiques are this: Make your descriptions simple and short, go into further detail in their history. Each section feels like a part of his life, which is good, but deters readers. Second, while I like that you've given him a weakness, the robotic suit still confuses me. Why does he have this, "condition?" Does he need it for some reason? I see potential with the idea, but it feels like your trying to fit in a lot of things you like into one character. Maybe there can a second character that Verfallen is in cahoots with? Or perhaps and arch enemy? Having one character with a scythe, robo-suit, murderous medical intent and substantial fore-knowledge of poisons seems a tad much. It's doable, but he seems a little more powerful than the average hero.

That's why he'd make a good villain; he has all these sinister attributes and the will to boot.

If you don't want him as a villain, then I'd recommend dumbing him down a little bit. He can be a plague-doctor with a sinister drive fueled by a nasty past. He could be a robotic undead bound to some will and he wants to break free. He could be a scythe-wielding assassin who uses toxins. Or he can be a serial killer that uses hand-made devices to administer poison for the sheer thrill. Either way, I feel simpler would be better here.

I like the idea though, it seems you've though a lot about this character and are ready to ship it out to the public. Looks good so far!

10+ Year Old Account
    I kinda sorta made this guy to be a villain, yes. But a sort of trickery villain, who seemed a bit untrustworthy, but seemed like he was a good guy on the outside. Thanks for the comment, I'll work on his backstory asap.

Also, I want to make a story with this character, but I'd have to limit myself in the bounds of the lore. I'm certain I could pull it off, but I might go a bit overboard. If I do, just try to keep myself from overdoing it. In any case, be prepped.
    Isn't it fitting WoW really took a nosedive after 'the Cataclysm'?