Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Never apologise in LFR.

Was doing Horridon LFR earlier and managed to die early in the fight totally due to my own mistake while being slightly distracted by a real ID whisper. The group wiped by the 3rd gate mostly because too many people were tunneling dps on the boss instead of clearing adds and not dispelling etc. 3 other people died at around the same point as me.

After the wipe I said "Apologies for my early death. It wont happen again". Some guy says "ye it wont. You didn't accept the res either". I told him I never got a res and he was like "I know what happened because i'm on TS with the lock who resed you". Someone in raid corrected him and said that the lock actually resed a pala who was afk.. And I told the whiner that he should "be quiet if you don't know the facts".. no profanity.

I then get kicked (probably initiated by the guy who was whining).

Moral of the story afk, ignore mechanics and die randomly. It's fine. just never apologise.
    Last edited by Paulosio; 2014-01-17 at 10:17 PM.

Hold on, let me get you a tissue. This is obviously a very important chapter in you life; so important you had to share with us.

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2014-01-17 at 10:07 PM.

That's fairly typical. Sorry you had to go through it but it's just how dealing with strangers in a competitive game tends to be.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

LFR should always be done w/o chat enabled.

Deleted
    That sounds pretty tame for being LFR or the internet for that matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Theupsman View Post
    Hold on, let me get you a tissue. This is obviously a very important chapter in you life; so important you had to share with us.
    Guy is pointing out how toxic the wow community is by relaying an experience. You are confirming it by submitting a useless douchebag attitude reply.

Point OP makes is valid. There is no winning an argument if the nerdrager/internet tough-guy has a few friends with him. Doesn't matter if he is in the wrong or not.

Welcome to LFR. Enjoy your stay.
    My addons:
    Announce Interrupts: Announces in chat when you interrupt a spell.
    Tol Barad Reminder: Reminds you to queue for Tol Barad by printing a message when the battle is approaching.
    EasyLogger: Turns on /combatlog inside raid instances, and off outside.
    Simple class resource bars: Paladin Rogue Shaman Monk Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Theupsman View Post
    Hold on, let me make a useless comment. This is obviously a very unimportant post to you; so unimportant that you took the time to comment on it.

Basically:

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Malthred View Post
    Guy is pointing out how toxic the wow community is by relaying an experience. You are confirming it by submitting a useless douchebag attitude reply.

Point OP makes is valid. There is no winning an argument if the nerdrager/internet tough-guy has a few friends with him. Doesn't matter if he is in the wrong or not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    That's fairly typical. Sorry you had to go through it but it's just how dealing with strangers in a competitive game tends to be.
    LFR is about as competitive as peewee baseball, people just like to be dicks..........period.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people - Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by BergErr View Post
    that would be HILARIOUS

emotes only LOL

10+ Year Old Account
    Which is why I never talked in chat during LFR, or if I really didnt like the group of assholes I got put with I'd just auto attack every boss and alt tab.
    When I'm online, I'm stoned out of my brick, and I don't want you to think otherwise.

I like this post. It's very accurate.

On topic:In LFR, I usually say nothing and just get it done. You can usually tell fairly quickly how the group will go, and if X or Y person has an attitude. If anyone complains, link your performance relative to another person. I'm sure you won't be doing the worst, and could use that to get them to stop complaining.

LFR: Working as intended!

10+ Year Old Account
    This isn't new news.

LFR sucks and we all know it. You're better off just not talking, collecting your loot and leaving. If you expect to make friends or conduct anything in a civil way, you're gonna have a bad time.
    A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.-George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by Paulosio View Post
    And I told the whiner that he should "be quiet if you don't know the facts"
    And that got you kicked. Even if you were in the right, there's no need to attack back

I hear you. LFR is all just tunnel every attempt and if you wipe repeat again till determination is high enough

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BergErr View Post
    If there was a mod out there auto-translates chat text into "opposite faction gibberish", that would be perfect for LFR.

Quote Originally Posted by Seefer View Post
    LFR is about as competitive as peewee baseball, people just like to be dicks..........period.
    We're not talking about LFR specifically when I say "competitive" but WoW as a whole. It's a game where your performance is judged by those around you. (Yes, even in LFR by someone who might only be pulling 20k DPS because "lol it's LFR Im not trying but u r")
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Deleted

You must be new to the concept of anonymity on the interwebz against strangers whom you yield no affiliation to.

Or you have never, ever, ever played a MoBA game in your entire life.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulosio View Post
    Moral of the story afk, ignore mechanics and die randomly. It's fine. just never apologise.
    Keeping a low profile is preferable when in the company of odd people in a volatile environment, yes. It's not like anyone would be seriously interested in what you say, whatever it is, anyway, and there is no such a thing as an etiquette in LFR.
    Your rights as a consumer begin and end at the point where you choose not to consume, and not where you yourself influence the consumed goods.

Translation: if you don't like a game don't play it.